Would you advice me to pick a Palermo PM as my next purse??

lvcrml

Nov 24, 2011
Hello my dear tpfers,
I need to make a decision for my next purse and I definetely need your experiences and advices. I sold my bloomsbury pm because it was so small for work days. And I have lots of purses to use on weekdays, so bloomie found a new lovely owner to fund my new work purse.
My workhorse is DE NF MM.. Now I'm seriosly think to pick a Palermo pm for the same purpose.. I need your suggestions.. Would you advice? Any other options?

If it makes sense, I also have
- DE NF MM
- white kusama NF
- speedy 25 mono
- eva mono

I personally don't like the Palermo. I feel that the pleating in the front and the very straight line of the top of the bag just is not a good look. To me it looks like a structured bag that is wrinkled. Sorry, just MHO. Functionally, it may be fine for what you want....a small tote and it has the option of hand vs shoulder strap, always a plus. I just don't like how it hangs. I am sure those who carry a Palermo will weigh in and be of better help. What about a Saleya PM?

Last edited:
My work bag is the Westminster GM. Just another one to consider for your list. It's very light, spacious and fits comfortably over the shoulder.

I like the Palermo PM too, but I don't have it so can't comment on its functionality.

If your workhouse bag is the NF (and you have a Kusama as well) you should be looking a bigger bags. It seems like you might be disappointed with the size of the Palermo PM. I suggest Palermo GM, Tivoli GM, or Totally MM. The Westminster is LVoely, but not all that roomie for a GM bag. HTH

thank you very much for your kind suggestions.
may i ask to those who already have palermo pm. is it comfortable to carry on workdays? how much does it fit? on weekends, can you wear it as a crossbody purse??
TIA ;)

thank you very much for your kind suggestions.
may i ask to those who already have palermo pm. is it comfortable to carry on workdays? how much does it fit? on weekends, can you wear it as a crossbody purse??
TIA ;)

I think Helene has a Palermo too, come to think of it, if you see her around here. I think I remember her saying it was her first LV, so she should have some good feedback. Not sure if it was a PM though.

I have a Palermo GM and I love it but is big (and I'm 5'10") If I were to have a do over I would get it in the MM size. The PM is too small in my opinion to be used as a work bag.

Palermo only comes in PM and GM, no MM.

I own GM and it's a great size, but rather heavy with the hardware and double layer of canvas. I also have Totally GM which is much lighter weight and very roomy.

ohhh I didn't know that palermo is such a heavy purse :nogood:
the reason why I go for NF is its capacity and lightness.
I would also consider totally. let me check its clubhouse.
what about artsy mm? would be comfortable to use during work days? I don't have any mono shoulder purse in my collection.

Interesting! I never notice til you mentioned it :smile:
I personally don't like the Palermo. I feel that the pleating in the front and the very straight line of the top of the bag just is not a good look. To me it looks like a structured bag that is wrinkled. Sorry, just MHO. Functionally, it may be fine for what you want....a small tote and it has the option of hand vs shoulder strap, always a plus. I just don't like how it hangs. I am sure those who carry a Palermo will weigh in and be of better help. What about a Saleya PM?

i suggest go a size up and get the GM if you like the style. i had the pm before and it doesn't fit as much as the NF bc the base is not wide and the length is shorter. im petite, i had no problem wearing it cross body but its very awkward, it hits me on the hip. like SophieChic mentioned, it doesn't hug the body bc of the straight line. the Artsy can fit a lot but will probably get heavy fast if you're using it as a workhorse for everyday bc its not as lightweight as the NF. hope that helps.