NARS Orgasm blush - reformulated?? (and others as well)

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
I had an old Nars O blush from 9 years ago I found again in my stash. I had noticed on recent beauty blogs that whenever they showed a photo of "O" it always looked so much prettier than my pan. I decided that was a bit too old to use so I purchased a new one. Lo and behold it was totally different then my older "O". I took some pics for reference - and did a little search and it seems others might have noticed the same. Here's one blog I found that noticed reformulation of "sin" as well. Here are my photos - what do you think? Anyone else notice this color change?

http://sasquatchswatch.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-tale-of-two-sins-or-exercise-in.html

new on left - old on right:
photo-1_zps9e35a8cc.jpg

it could be different, or it could just be that yours is so old that it looks different than when you purchased it. i'll be interested to see how others weigh in.

it could be different, or it could just be that yours is so old that it looks different than when you purchased it. i'll be interested to see how others weigh in.

It was always light in color. I remember thinking back in the day how surprised I was about how I couldn't get it to show up on my cheek. Seeing recent photos of it on blogs is what made me try again. The new color is much more saturated then the old on me.

I hope others chime in as well to say if they've noticed any change too.

It was always light in color. I remember thinking back in the day how surprised I was about how I couldn't get it to show up on my cheek. Seeing recent photos of it on blogs is what made me try again. The new color is much more saturated then the old on me.

I hope others chime in as well to say if they've noticed any change too.

well i must say your new one does look quite pretty. i had orgasm that i purchased in 2009 or 2010...maybe i should repurchase! i wasn't wicked impressed with it but that looks gorgeous.

well i must say your new one does look quite pretty. i had orgasm that i purchased in 2009 or 2010...maybe i should repurchase! i wasn't wicked impressed with it but that looks gorgeous.

I opened the package at Sephora before I bought it to make sure it wasn't the same as my old one - so you could try that. This new version - or updated color is beautiful! The old one never showed up on me and made my cheeks look dirty or glittery if I applied the amount I needed to in order for it to show up at all. The new formulation is more of a natural flushed glow. It finally makes sense to me.

On a side note - I've found the new color very similar to Tom Ford's new blush in "love lust".

I had an old Nars O blush from 9 years ago I found again in my stash. I had noticed on recent beauty blogs that whenever they showed a photo of "O" it always looked so much prettier than my pan. I decided that was a bit too old to use so I purchased a new one. Lo and behold it was totally different then my older "O". I took some pics for reference - and did a little search and it seems others might have noticed the same. Here's one blog I found that noticed reformulation of "sin" as well. Here are my photos - what do you think? Anyone else notice this color change?

http://sasquatchswatch.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-tale-of-two-sins-or-exercise-in.html

new on left - old on right:
photo-1_zps9e35a8cc.jpg
I actually noticed this too, but thought I was losing my mind. My older O looks like the one on the right. The one that came in my anniversary palette looks like the one on the left.

I actually noticed this too, but thought I was losing my mind. My older O looks like the one on the right. The one that came in my anniversary palette looks like the one on the left.

Exactly! I also purchased the "NARS Portrait of Paradise Blush Bronzer Trio" that came out last year - it has laguna, orgasm and Albatross. That pan of "O" is like the new photo too! Much more pigmented and visible. Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad they reformulated - just surprised no one else has noticed!

I had Nars Orgasm when it first come out (2006 - 2007?). Loved it a lot. And I bought a second one, and a third one. The third one was weird (from 2010). I got quite a few comments I have no make-up on me. This orgasm did not stay at all! I basically give on Nars O after that. I am glad to see it was not actually me in this case...

I'm going to have to look into this. I never bought Orgasm because it didn't show up on me. If it is more saturated I will pick it up now as its a very pretty blush. I have it in that 6 color blush palette that came out a while ago but I never used the palette since I bought it honestly.

I'm going to have to look into this. I never bought Orgasm because it didn't show up on me. If it is more saturated I will pick it up now as its a very pretty blush. I have it in that 6 color blush palette that came out a while ago but I never used the palette since I bought it honestly.

The new one shows up on me - my old O didn't.

I've noticed this too... I've been a consistent NARS Orgasm user over the past 5 or so years and the colour has definitely changed over this time. Not in a bad way, just in an 'evolving' way I guess :smile:

This is interesting, my Orgasm is from 2010 and whilst I adored the colour, I was never fond of the texture and I always wished it was slightly less shimmery.

The texture of mine became kinda bumpy and resistant to brushes, I have to really dig the brush in now to get it to pick up colour and sometimes I even have to scrape off what I can only describe as a plasticky layer off the top of the blush. So if it's been reformulated then I will defo be checking it out.

However, I have found a blush which is basically everything I ever wanted Orgasm to be - Bare Minerals Ready Blush in Natural High. I have taken some pics below of the two so you can see how similar they are.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1369669691.720705.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1369669706.803325.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1369669720.653242.jpg

And here are some swatches on the back of my hand - both are medium swatches, two swipes of product each. Orgasm on the left, Natural High on the right. Natural High has noticeably less gold shimmer, leans slightly more pink and has a much more desirable texture to Orgasm - well, the old version anyway. You can see in the second photo that Orgasm has way more gold sheen and less colour pay-off.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1369669818.320188.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1369669863.003113.jpg