It's been 2 days, and no sign of seller shipping item?

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
Hey everybody,

I'm a little bit worried, though I don't think it's really cause for a lot of concern.
I won the auction on Sunday afternoon and paid Sunday night, and it says "Estimated delivery: Feb. 14-15" and they still haven't shipped.

this is the first time I've bought something off ebay where they haven't shipped sometime in the following day.
Maybe I'm a little too paranoid I'm gonna get ripped off, but is this pretty normal?

thanks!!!:P:P:P

It could be that they just haven't notified you it shipped. I shipped a couple things yesterday and notified my customers, but haven't given them their tracking yet (I dropped the shipping info off at home and went out about my day, notified them from my phone it was shipped but didn't have the tracking numbers on me to provide). I'd wait maybe till tomorrow morning and if they still haven't notified you, send them a message.

Not all sellers ship with tracking (yes, I know they should, but not all do). Not all sellers load the tracking number on Ebay. Also, Ebay rewards sellers that do not communicate with automatic 5 stars on Communication (if there was no communication initiated by the buyer).

Do not ever read the estimated delivery time. Look at the handling time. Let's say it is 3 days. Use that as Mon-Fri Business Days. Then add 3-5 business days from that for Priority, 10-14 Business days for Parcel Post...

Sellers have a certain amount of days to ship an item.

Just be patient..

If you don't have your item by next week, just politely e-mail & ask if it has
been shipped & if there is any trackinginfo...

Agreed. It's too soon to worry, esp. if their handling time is longer than one day. My rule is usually: if something domestic hasn't arrived within two weeks, I might send a note; 3-4 weeks for international (depending on how it shipped).

I wish buyers wouldn't pay attention to ebay's 'estimated delivery time'. It's pretty much always wrong and makes the sellers look worse than ebay already does! Plus it gets the buyers more impatient and then they contact the seller then there goes their 5 stars for communication!

Nothing against you OP at all, just my own personal rant.:smile: I hope you get your item okay!

I emailed last night and asked the seller to please kindly shoot me an email when they ship it, and no reply from that message today, or no shipping notification..

For wahtever the reason is, the seller isn't responding..

Just give it a few more days.... you seem a little over anxious
for the time being...

The seller does have a certain amount of time to ship out your item.

Of course you would like the courtesy of a response with some
shipping info, not all sellers respond...