My hamilton doesnt hold its shape... So unhappy :(

Jun 26, 2007
Hi everyone.

Purchased this bag at an MK boutique on christmas 2011. I use it every now and then, its definitely not my every day bag. However the leather at the top of the bag where the strap and lock are is soo floppy and out of shape. It bunches up and looks so awkward. I dont understand. I perused many pages of the hamilton clubhouse thread and no one elses bag look likes this. All the bags hold their shape except mine. How can i get the bag to stand up straight and tall without the leather sagging?

I also want to add it's not the lock causing the problem. I took the lock off and it still looks like this. I think the problem is that the handles are placed too low, and the leather is too stiff. Is there anyway michael kors will replace this bag? I mean what if the bag is defected and the handles just weren't placed correctly? Please refer to attached pictures. Thank you.

Attachments

• image-2804150374.jpg
    image-2804150374.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 7,866
  • image-3197224348.jpg
    image-3197224348.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 7,759
  • image-1510996281.jpg
    image-1510996281.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 7,664
  • image-439860392.jpg
    image-439860392.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 7,681
Last edited:
Ugh. I was hoping someone would say this isn't normal. Because in all the pictures in the thread, some of the bags look a little saggy but nothing like mine and I use my bag maybe once a month.

I'm just really unhappy about this bag. I don't like the way it looks...I wish there was a way to make it look sturdy again. I think I'm gonna try and sell this bag on Ebay :/

I think it looks amazing! I'm pretty sure regular leather Hamiltons will eventually look like this over time. If you want more structure its probably better to get the saffiano leather version as it is stiffer.

Can't wait till my hamilton looks like your luscious puddly beauty:love:

Maybe your boutique would have some pointers on how to store it so it stands up straight? I personally LOVE how puddly it looks but I can see where you'd be disappointed if you were expecting otherwise. How do you store it when you're not using it?

Thanks for all the comments guys. I appreciate the input. I know I'm not supposed to care what people think, but one of my issues with the bag is that people are gonna think my bag is super worn out/gross/beat up if I carry it around like this. But from y'alls comments, it looks like this bag is actually expected to look like this?

And yeah next time I go for a MK bag, I will make sure to go for the Saffiano, not the luggage.

I don't store it with stuffing, which I know you are supposed to do :sad: So I guess this is probably partly my fault. I normally just stand it upright on a shelf with all my other bags.

Yup, it's supposed to happen. I wouldn't think it looks worn at all just seeing it on the street, I mean it's in beautiful condition (if it were all tattered and falling apart or marked up I could see your point). I think you should embrace the "cuddliness" of this bag and wear her with pride. :smile: To me she looks comfortable. I don't think there's any way to reverse the puddle effect that's already happened now anyway.

I also got my Hamilton Tote in December 2011, and while mine bunches up a little bit, it's not as bad as yours. I do stuff mine when I'm not using it, but I don't think that it would make that much of a difference. I know that Hamilton's get slouchy overtime, but I didn't think that they bunched up this much.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 3.34.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 3.34.22 PM.png
    360.3 KB · Views: 7,531
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 3.34.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 3.34.48 PM.png
    343.1 KB · Views: 7,546
Ugh. I was hoping someone would say this isn't normal. Because in all the pictures in the thread, some of the bags look a little saggy but nothing like mine and I use my bag maybe once a month.

I'm just really unhappy about this bag. I don't like the way it looks...I wish there was a way to make it look sturdy again. I think I'm gonna try and sell this bag on Ebay :/
I actually returned my Hamilton before removing the tags. I could tell straight away that there was no real structure to the bag. When the stuffing came out it would flop over. The Saffiano leather is supposed to hold its shape and provide better structure.

Wow yea it's very saggy. I agree the handles just don't look right holding it up! Some bags like the Coach Rory look wonderful when broken in and r meant to relax. The Hamilton just doesn't look like it was made to sag for some reason.

was this bag like this when you first got it? I have 2 hamilton bags one medium one large like yours and not yet looking like this(I dont use the larege one very often,but have used the medium one quite a bit,it doesn't look like this) I did have a kate spade bag that it looks like this when I first bought it, it looked so odd i had to return it.I think it was the handle placement error that caused the problem for my ks bag.

was this bag like this when you first got it? I have 2 hamilton bags one medium one large like yours and not yet looking like this(I dont use the larege one very often,but have used the medium one quite a bit,it doesn't look like this) I did have a kate spade bag that it looks like this when I first bought it, it looked so odd i had to return it.I think it was the handle placement error that caused the problem for my ks bag.

My bag looked like Waffle65's when I got it. It was a little saggy but nothing noticeable. I dunno I guess since I never use this bag much I never thought to return it back when I first got it. I was cleaning out my closet the other day and I came across my Hamilton.

I wonder if theres a way I can place something sturdy along the front and back of the bag on the inside, like a piece of thick cardboard. Sort of like how many women (including myself) put a piece of cardboard in the bottom of their LV Speedy to prevent sagging there. I noticed the other day when I put a big book/notebook in the bag, it looked a little better. So I think the key to this bag is to basically keep it full.

Last edited:
My bag looked like Waffle65's when I got it. It was a little saggy but nothing noticeable. I dunno I guess since I never use this bag much I never thought to return it back when I first got it. I was cleaning out my closet the other day and I came across my Hamilton.

I wonder if theres a way I can place something sturdy along the front and back of the bag on the inside, like a piece of thick cardboard. Sort of like how many women (including myself) put a piece of cardboard in the bottom of their LV Speedy to prevent sagging there. I noticed the other day when I put a big book/notebook in the bag, it looked a little better. So I think the key to this bag is to basically keep it full.

Then I think it's the material problem, i've attached my large and medium hamilton bags purchased from 2012.

Attachments

• image-2041776002.jpg
    image-2041776002.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 7,458
  • image-2385625184.jpg
    image-2385625184.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 7,406
I've had mine for several years & it's not as saggy as yours looks. I have a purse organizer for easy change out to other purses. This organizer helps give some structure to the bag.

I have two hamiltons they are not as slouchy as yours. I must admit yours seems more softer and slouchier than others. I would take it to the MK store and see what they say. If your lucky maybe you can get a store credit like coach does. If not use it and enjoy it I personally LOVE the loose slouchy look on Hamilton's.