Is there anyway to get information on Noe without posting pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katiesmama

Feb 8, 2012
I don't have a camera or the know-how to post a pic in the authenticate thread. I was given an LV obviously pre-owned Noe today by a friend at work. I won't bore you with the details of its history, but at first I thought it was authentic but now I'm not so sure. The canvas looks and feels real. The studs on the side of the strap had Louis Vuitton on them. The heat stamp both on the outside of the bag and the inside pocket said Louis Vuitton Paris made in France (3 lines). Except here's where I think it's counterfeit: There's no "Louis Vuitton" on the bottom side leather. The base of the bag is canvas, not leather. The drawstrings go through a slider on the front instead of just being tied and the grommets are just plain metal. No Louis Vuitton on any of them. Inside, the lining is suede like (microfiber maybe) in dark brown with a zipper pocket on the side wall. But I can't find a serial number or date code or tag of any kind inside other than the heat stamp on the pocket. Oh, and the strap has a leather slide piece on the top that would rest on your shoulder. Not padded, but I didn't notice it on any of the other Noe's. Any thoughts? Please forgive me for posting if this is the wrong place or against the rules, I really don't know where else to ask. If it's counterfeit, I'm giving it back to her because I'd feel funny carrying it. Thank you for any help you can offer.

I don't have a camera or the know-how to post a pic in the authenticate thread. I was given an LV obviously pre-owned Noe today by a friend at work. I won't bore you with the details of its history, but at first I thought it was authentic but now I'm not so sure. The canvas looks and feels real. The studs on the side of the strap had Louis Vuitton on them. The heat stamp both on the outside of the bag and the inside pocket said Louis Vuitton Paris made in France (3 lines). Except here's where I think it's counterfeit: There's no "Louis Vuitton" on the bottom side leather. The base of the bag is canvas, not leather. The drawstrings go through a slider on the front instead of just being tied and the grommets are just plain metal. No Louis Vuitton on any of them. Inside, the lining is suede like (microfiber maybe) in dark brown with a zipper pocket on the side wall. But I can't find a serial number or date code or tag of any kind inside other than the heat stamp on the pocket. Oh, and the strap has a leather slide piece on the top that would rest on your shoulder. Not padded, but I didn't notice it on any of the other Noe's. Any thoughts? Please forgive me for posting if this is the wrong place or against the rules, I really don't know where else to ask. If it's counterfeit, I'm giving it back to her because I'd feel funny carrying it. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Everything you have mentioned screams counterfeit. There has never been a noe with a canvas bottom. Never with dark brown suede inside. I'd give it back.

Yes, fake.

By the way, if you have a phone that takes pictures, you can always email them to yourself and save to your computer, and then you can upload them that way.

Please see my siggy for where and how to post an authenticity question (instructions for how to post pics is there), thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.