Cartier Love Bracelet Engraving

Alex Cheng

Jun 26, 2012
Is it possible to engrave a cartier love bracelet? I am getting mixed answers from online, store and sales associates.

If I can engrave it, how many words or letters can I engrave on it?

If you don't mind, I would really appreciate seeing pictures of your engraved love bracelets.

Is it possible to engrave a cartier love bracelet? I am getting mixed answers from online, store and sales associates.

If you don't mind, I would really appreciate seeing pictures of your engraved love bracelets.

My love bangle is not engraved but it definitely can be. Someone recently got their engraved and posted pictures of it, but I can't seem to remember who. From what I recall, the engraving is free in the first 30 days and then there is a nominal charge. I think you can engrave up to 20 characters but someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

You can engrave it, absolutely! You can get it engraved with Cartier for a certain amount of time after purchase, someone will know this more exact than me... I had mine engraved at my local jeweller since I got mine from Cartier in Rome while on holiday there and didn't have time to leave it there to be engraved by Cartier Rome. I'm very happy with how it turned out! You can fit quite a bit of text on the side that does not have all the Cartier engraving (depending on the size of letters). Mine has 3 dates engraved in this format: XX.XX.XX with good space in between the dates!

I went into Cartier to get my watch engraved and the time I was allotted was 90 days. I imagine the same is for the love.

If you look online (US store) you can check to see what they allow for engraving length.

Good luck!

You can absolutely have it engraved, I think they told me 90 days. I have a 4 diamond so the space is rather limited. Here is mine, sorry for the bad photo but was really hard to capture. Just be sure to specify script or block!

image-2918379746.jpg

You can absolutely have it engraved, I think they told me 90 days. I have a 4 diamond so the space is rather limited. Here is mine, sorry for the bad photo but was really hard to capture. Just be sure to specify script or block!

View attachment 2061233

Thank you for the picture. Do you happen to know how many letters they allow? I would like to engrave a meaningful phrase there that is close to my heart, but unfortunately it is...... 40 characters long. Can they do that with the smallest font available?

Just called Cartier and its 15 characters max which is a disappointment.

I was also EXTREMELY put off by the rude attitude from the SA on the phone. I asked a simple question and she was pretending to not even understand what I was saying.

Regardless, I'm not sure whether I will like Cartier anymore. I've had superior service at Hermes.

15 characters for the regular love bracelet? I have seen people post pictures of their engraved bracelet with more than that...(check out KBella's on page 5 of this thread)

Does anyone know if it is 90 days to get the bracelet engraved free of charge or if it is 90 days to get the bracelet engraved PERIOD?

15 characters for the regular love bracelet? I have seen people post pictures of their engraved bracelet with more than that...(check out KBella's on page 5 of this thread)

Does anyone know if it is 90 days to get the bracelet engraved free of charge or if it is 90 days to get the bracelet engraved PERIOD?

Yes that's what the SA said, in a most disgusting tone ever. KBella's picture has more than 15 characters, so I'm assuming its not true.

Sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant phone call with Cartier Alex! I always prefer to e-mail questions instead lol. I can't believe how many rude sales associates there are in high-end luxury sales!

My 4 diamond has four spaces which can fit engraving. I had the Christian names of my husband, new baby and myself... And left a space for another little one in the future.

It took 3-4 weeks.

When I was arranging engraving, there was no mention of characters, but certainly the space was limited, and I could not have a short phrase engraved.

I think it was 3 months for free of charge, to be done through the same store.

I would take a picture of mine but I can't take it off - I'm abroad at the moment and don't have my screwdriver with me but my parents bought my bangle for me for my 18th birthday in July 2010 and I had it engraved in the November (I don't know if they had to pay more or not). But my message says; 22nd July 2010. Frankie, Happy 18th, lots of love xx Which is 43 characters not including spaces!

I would take a picture of mine but I can't take it off - I'm abroad at the moment and don't have my screwdriver with me but my parents bought my bangle for me for my 18th birthday in July 2010 and I had it engraved in the November (I don't know if they had to pay more or not). But my message says; 22nd July 2010. Frankie, Happy 18th, lots of love xx Which is 43 characters not including spaces!

Omg thats amazing! I need 36 characters and it was a deal breaker for me. Did you have to convince your SA at all to get that many letters, or did you just have to ask? I would hate to go in, buy it, and they say that it is true that 15 characters is max. Because then I would not buy it.

Reactions: nikkimau
Just called Cartier and its 15 characters max which is a disappointment.

I was also EXTREMELY put off by the rude attitude from the SA on the phone. I asked a simple question and she was pretending to not even understand what I was saying.

Regardless, I'm not sure whether I will like Cartier anymore. I've had superior service at Hermes.
Yes, I agree, I have had several rude encounters with Cartier SA's. I cringe any time I go into the store because I know I am going to have to deal with some stuffy bitter salesperson. Just know that you are not alone!