Considering Bal - help please?

Sammiantha

Mulberry Mad <3
O.G.
Mar 12, 2011
I'm normally a mulberry girl but the latest seasons offerings aren't tempting me and I'm parting with 1 of the 3 I already have. I'm starting to consider other designers and love the style of the Balenciaga bags.

What would you recommend for a first bag? I'm in the UK so haven't seen any IRL in detail but the day bag appeals to me based on the pictures I've seen. Ideally I would like a medium sized bag that can go over the shoulder so that seems to rule a few out. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Sammiantha said:
I'm normally a mulberry girl but the latest seasons offerings aren't tempting me and I'm parting with 1 of the 3 I already have. I'm starting to consider other designers and love the style of the Balenciaga bags.

What would you recommend for a first bag? I'm in the UK so haven't seen any IRL in detail but the day bag appeals to me based on the pictures I've seen. Ideally I would like a medium sized bag that can go over the shoulder so that seems to rule a few out. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

I would say the city would be the perfect selection for your first bal, as I'm sure many others would agree. however, if you prefer an over the shoulder/hobo style, I would say the day would be a great choice. as much as I love the city, I will admit the extra shoulder strap is a bit impractical at times. with that being said, the city is still my go-to handbag and would make a great introduction piece to world of balenciaga.

I would say the city would be the perfect selection for your first bal, as I'm sure many others would agree. however, if you prefer an over the shoulder/hobo style, I would say the day would be a great choice. as much as I love the city, I will admit the extra shoulder strap is a bit impractical at times. with that being said, the city is still my go-to handbag and would make a great introduction piece to world of balenciaga.

I think my preference is for the hobo style of bag but will have a look at some more images with the long strap to see how they look - thanks for your advice :biggrin:

I'm just getting to grips with my mulberry addiction - don't know if I could cope with a bal one as well! (love the Alexa in your avatar BTW)

Thanks hun...

I was originally a mulberry addict and then succumbed to the temptations of bal.... Now I'm addicted to both!

If you're after a hobo, the Day is just the most comfy, practical, understated hobo ever. It's a dream to carry especially with regular hardware as its so light.

I also have a town and 2 cities which are fab too, just depends what you're after.....

I also have to recommend the Day. it is such a comfortable bag and one of the few hobo styles that I can carry all day very comfortably with no problem. I also like that it can hold quite a bit but it doesn't look like a huge bag--it hangs very nicely and the outside pocket is perfect for cell/keys/etc.

After a few suggestions of the city I've just had a closer look and it really is such a gorgeous bag - I wasn't sure what the strap looked like but it's quite thick by the look of it and not too long (pet peeve of mine). I'm definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for either a Day or a City now and hope that one appears sooner rather than later!

Thank you all for your help :hugs:

Hi over here!

Looks like a lot of us mulberry addicts are joining the bal side as I've been asking for opinions on bal as well!! I've narrowed mine down to a Velo or work, although city was my first choice as it seems like such an easy bag to carry... I decided on Velo as its bigger and more of a north/south as opposed to East/west type bag or work as its BIG and I like them oversize!!

Good luck in your decision xxx

Hi over here!

Looks like a lot of us mulberry addicts are joining the bal side as I've been asking for opinions on bal as well!! I've narrowed mine down to a Velo or work, although city was my first choice as it seems like such an easy bag to carry... I decided on Velo as its bigger and more of a north/south as opposed to East/west type bag or work as its BIG and I like them oversize!!

Good luck in your decision xxx

Hi there :smile:, I also got Velo as my first Bal and I love it so much :smile:. I'm thinking of second soon! Have you found one yet?

littlehanoi said:
Hi there :smile:, I also got Velo as my first Bal and I love it so much :smile:. I'm thinking of second soon! Have you found one yet?

Which Velo did you get lh? I didn't know you found one! Nope I'm still looking as has to be pre loved- def not new for me!