From Jumbo to Reissue

crazyforhermess

QUOTE me as "CFH"
Jan 27, 2011
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/questions-to-all-chanel-jumbo-owners-801121.html

continue from the above:biggrin:

Can anybody convert me from Jumbo classic to Reissue please:biggrin:. I find that Jumbo classic maybe to coveted, what you think about the Reissue as compare to Jumbo and Maxi Jumbo (i will definitely go for the biggest or the second biggest Jumbo or Reissue) Do you think Reissue 227 would keeps more things than a Jumbo? TIA!

I just purchased my first Chanel. I went through 2 Black Jumbo (which are beautiful bags) to find I really loved the 2.55 reissue. The jumbo was very bulky and too structured to me. I have the 226 but actually it fits more than the Jumbo since it's not as structured and boxy. I really love the simplicity of the reissue which I didn't even look at beforehand since I thought I should have a black Jumbo:biggrin::smile:

Hi! I just replied to your other thread. I think it depends on your style and the look you're after- classic flap vs reissue. I love my 226 reissue. Similar to jumbo in size but feels softer and I find it easier to deal with the flap. The thing about Chanel is that it is so addictive! You'll soon realize it is impossible to stop at one!

I strongly prefer my Reissues to my Jumbos. I have 7 Reissues - 4 227s, 2 226s, and 1 225 and they get far more use than my 3 Jumbos. They are lighter, less bulky, and have a shorter chain drop which better suits my frame. I also find the distressed calf to be the most low maintenance fabric of all of my Chanels.

I feel the 227 carries as much as a Jumbo, the 226 carries slightly less than a Jumbo but more than a m/l, and the 225 has about the same capacity as a m/l.

I just prefer the overall look of the Reissue and, for me, it is more comfortable to carry. I carry my Reissues as every day bags and they hold up great! HTH!

:hrmm: good idea..maybei shouldnt start at all:roflmfao:

Hi! I just replied to your other thread. I think it depends on your style and the look you're after- classic flap vs reissue. I love my 226 reissue. Similar to jumbo in size but feels softer and I find it easier to deal with the flap. The thing about Chanel is that it is so addictive! You'll soon realize it is impossible to stop at one!

Distressed calf? Is the one that looks haggard and need ironing kind of a leather?:roflmfao: I like that look actually. Very important on maintenance part cos I dont baby my bag and I hope I could pass all my classic bags to my DD on day, so got to make a wise choice. Since I m paying for a designer bag might as well make it value for money:graucho:

I strongly prefer my Reissues to my Jumbos. I have 7 Reissues - 4 227s, 2 226s, and 1 225 and they get far more use than my 3 Jumbos. They are lighter, less bulky, and have a shorter chain drop which better suits my frame. I also find the distressed calf to be the most low maintenance fabric of all of my Chanels.

I feel the 227 carries as much as a Jumbo, the 226 carries slightly less than a Jumbo but more than a m/l, and the 225 has about the same capacity as a m/l.

I just prefer the overall look of the Reissue and, for me, it is more comfortable to carry. I carry my Reissues as every day bags and they hold up great! HTH!

Distressed calf? Is the one that looks haggard and need ironing kind of a leather?:roflmfao: I like that look actually. Very important on maintenance part cos I dont baby my bag and I hope I could pass all my classic bags to my DD on day, so got to make a wise choice. Since I m paying for a designer bag might as well make it value for money:graucho:

Yes, it is sort of wrinkly. I have twins and it is essential that my bags are low maintenance! Reissues are perfect if you don't baby your bags. I have had no issues and I can't always be as careful as I would like running around with ny kids.

crazyforhermess said:

No you should definitely start! I have 2 DDs so once I got one I told myself I have to get one more so each girl will have one one day and it's been a slippery slope ever since... I also like the distressed calf more than caviar although both are pretty low maintenance. I don't baby my bags either and I haven't had any issues.

G&Smommy, which size (and color) reissue do you use the most? I just have one -- a black 226 -- and I bought it for many of the reasons you list, including the chain length and the fact that its larger and a m/l flap but smaller than a jumbo. I'm curious how the 227 compares to a regular jumbo -- is the reissue in this size still lighter? I love my 226, but sometimes wish is held just a little bit more. But then, I found the jumbo too bulky. Would love your thoughts on this.

crazyforhermess said:

Is this the distressed leather ?

image-820563922.jpg

:smile: heading home on the subway now , excuse my bad background lol

G&Smommy, which size (and color) reissue do you use the most? I just have one -- a black 226 -- and I bought it for many of the reasons you list, including the chain length and the fact that its larger and a m/l flap but smaller than a jumbo. I'm curious how the 227 compares to a regular jumbo -- is the reissue in this size still lighter? I love my 226, but sometimes wish is held just a little bit more. But then, I found the jumbo too bulky. Would love your thoughts on this.

I use the 227s the most in fall and winter and 226 or 225 in spring and summer. As for color, I probably use my metallics the most. I have a gold, a lighter silver which Chanel calls pale gold, and a gunmetal dark silver which Chanel calls metallic black. I also have a metallic purple in 226. My 227 holds everything a Jumbo holds and is more comfortable to carry. It is lighter than a Jumbo, less boxy, and has a shorter strap drop. HTH!

I use the 227s the most in fall and winter and 226 or 225 in spring and summer. As for color, I probably use my metallics the most. I have a gold, a lighter silver which Chanel calls pale gold, and a gunmetal dark silver which Chanel calls metallic black. I also have a metallic purple in 226. My 227 holds everything a Jumbo holds and is more comfortable to carry. It is lighter than a Jumbo, less boxy, and has a shorter strap drop. HTH!

It does help, thanks! I've considered a Jumbo but never pulled the trigger because of the boxiness and, now that they are double-flap only, the weight. When I tried one on, the strap was a bit too long for cross-body wear. I'll definitely have to try on a Reissue 227!

It does help, thanks! I've considered a Jumbo but never pulled the trigger because of the boxiness and, now that they are double-flap only, the weight. When I tried one on, the strap was a bit too long for cross-body wear. I'll definitely have to try on a Reissue 227!

I have three Jumbos that just sit in my closet (: I use my Reissues all the time. I take out the Jumbos periodically and carry them for a week or two and then go back to the Reissues. Reissues are just a better fit for me in terms of shape, chain drop, and durability.