I scored at the outlets

jade

O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
I went to a local outlet mall on a mission for two things: a new wallet and new trainers.

I was looking for a big, but slim wallet with plenty of space for cards, cash, and loyalty cards. In a fun color. Sounds easy.

Earlier in the week I bought a Coach wallet, but when I got all my stuff in it wasn't quite right so I planned to return it.

The outlet mall I went to has Bloomies, Neimans, Saks, Coach, Michael Kors, and Kate Spade so I thought I would surely find something suitable.

Bloomies was a bust. But Saks was great. I picked up a Reed Krakoff cross body for $260.

And a Longchamp envelope accordion wallet for $100. It was a cool purple croc.

I liked the wallet I got. But I thought it would be worth a look to check out stuff out of my price range too. So I stopped in Armani (nothing good) and planned to hit Barney's. I forgot about the Prada store and stopped in.

Score. I ended up splurging on a Mulberry Saffiano leather envelope accordion wallet. About $150 more than I planned to spend, but I was considering going up market with my wallet anyway. I have made a few attempts to find the perfect wallet in the past 2-3 years and all felt too stuffed when I got my stuff in. I figured out I needed all top loading card pockets for an ideal wallet and the Prada one had plenty of pockets without being overwhelming.

I ended up trying 3 and just about settled on a bright pink one but then the perfect color walked up right as I was about to check out.

I promptly returned the Longchamp and headed home. No more shopping for me. :smile:.

Attachments

• image-664623782.jpg
    image-664623782.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 696
  • image-3702803678.jpg
    image-3702803678.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 672
Thanks everyone. My RK bag made its debut on Sunday with lots of compliments. Wallet hasn't made a debut yet. But it is coming soon. :smile:. I don't always bring a big wallet to work when carrying my big laptop bag. But I may need to. :biggrin:

+1 I also love a contrasting color wallet-much easier to find in a busy bag!

Me too. That was why it was so hard to find a wallet. I like colorful ones.

But now I think I need to get more gold hardware accessories to match my new gold wallet. :smile:. I am trying to get all of my inner purse accessories to match.

Your dilemma is perfectly understandable with finding the ‘right’ wallet. I share the same problem and am always in need of one that is not only sharp looking but can hold more than the average wallet offers. Lucky you as they seem to be few and far between. Great fine!