Where donInget proof for ebay from?

I will give them a try

Thank you
Hi,
Last week I opened a case with Ebay as I believed a Mulberry bag I received was a fake. I didn't have to provide any proof even though the seller denied it was a fake. After 7 days I escalated the case and Ebay sided with me and told me to send the bag back with proof of purchase and then they gave me a full refund.

Hope this helps x

Before spending money on a professional authentication, I'd suggest you find the AT (authenticate this) thread for whatever brand it is that you bought.

If it's found to be authentic here, you can save yourself the money. If it's deemed fake, file a SNAD dispute through ebay and see if ebay requests a letter. As pointed out above, sometimes they'll just tell you to return the item to the seller for a refund.

ETA: I see that you tried to authenticate an Ipad case but two authenticators weren't sure about that accessory. Is that the item you're questioning?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mulberry-iP...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Have you requested to return it to the seller? Sometimes, even if sellers have a no refund policy, they accept returns in order to avoid disputes.

Last edited:
Hi,
Last week I opened a case with Ebay as I believed a Mulberry bag I received was a fake. I didn't have to provide any proof even though the seller denied it was a fake. After 7 days I escalated the case and Ebay sided with me and told me to send the bag back with proof of purchase and then they gave me a full refund.

Hope this helps x

Just because the buyer "believes" that the item is fake, it does not mean that it is. Anyone can play "replica" card without any kind of basis behind it. As a seller of high-end designer items my reputation is very important to me and I do not take claims like that likely. I accept returns within 14 days for any reason, so if someone wants to return the item it's fine, but if someone claims that the item is not authentic, they are welcome to open a case and I will challenge it. I have to. My reputation is at stake. Usually there is a process that ebay follows with cases like that and they do not typically take the buyer's word for it. If I am required to provide proof that the item is authentic, then the buyer should be required to provide the proof that it is not.

Just because the buyer "believes" that the item is fake, it does not mean that it is. Anyone can play "replica" card without any kind of basis behind it. As a seller of high-end designer items my reputation is very important to me and I do not take claims like that likely. I accept returns within 14 days for any reason, so if someone wants to return the item it's fine, but if someone claims that the item is not authentic, they are welcome to open a case and I will challenge it. I have to. My reputation is at stake. Usually there is a process that ebay follows with cases like that and they do not typically take the buyer's word for it. If I am required to provide proof that the item is authentic, then the buyer should be required to provide the proof that it is not.

But a stupid buyer can leave negative feedback says the item is fake, and our reputation will ruin. Many time I saw comments on the Authenticate This, when even a very reputable sellers who got neg from stupid buyer, and some of them authenticator commented like " but she got neg from selling fake so be aware " And we cant't see the item in question anymore after several months. I know smart potential buyers will know good sellers, but even a neg for a fake name brand goods can make one pause regardless how good reputation that a seller has.

I contacted that site and they were very helpful. Fortunately after some messaging back & forth the seller agreed to refund last night.

My concern had been how different the the was to the one on the website, and how similar it was to one on a 'copies' website.

A lesson learnt, don't leave your relatively browsing eBay without supervision and the authentication forum link!!

But a stupid buyer can leave negative feedback says the item is fake, and our reputation will ruin. Many time I saw comments on the Authenticate This, when even a very reputable sellers who got neg from stupid buyer, and some of them authenticator commented like " but she got neg from selling fake so be aware " And we cant't see the item in question anymore after several months. I know smart potential buyers will know good sellers, but even a neg for a fake name brand goods can make one pause regardless how good reputation that a seller has.

+1

We all know how damaging that kind of feedback can be. I check my competitors feedbacks all the time and if I see a feedback left for any of them (even a positive one) that hints on the possibility of the item not being authentic, I block that buyer. I know that their items are authentic. I do not need the aggravation of dealing with someone who jumps to a conclusion just because a "friend looked at it and said it is not authentic".