Essie Mint Apple Candy

curlsjang

Sep 14, 2006
I have to say I have been using OPI and subsequently Julep polishes. Was in the drugstore and saw Essie's Mint Apple Candy and had to have it. I have been so in love iwith the mint green craze of late and have been buying lots of clothing in that color. So I used it with the OPI base coat and the Julep top coat and am so pleased with the result! I applied two coats, application is easy too. It's been 5 days and the color looks exactly like when I first applied it. Wow, I am a fan of Essie now! Gorgeous color too!

Rite Aid - $8

p.s. After writing this, I scrolled down further and saw that there was a rant of this same polish from a few years back. I read that they changed the formula somehow and I wonder if that is true.

Does yours have a wide brush? They now make two types, one "drugstore" type (which has a wide brush and thicker formula) and a "higher end" one with a thinner brush and thinner formula. I love the wide brush Essies!

PS: minor detail, the color is called Mint Candy Apple, not Mint Apple Candy :P

Does yours have a wide brush? They now make two types, one "drugstore" type (which has a wide brush and thicker formula) and a "higher end" one with a thinner brush and thinner formula. I love the wide brush Essies!

PS: minor detail, the color is called Mint Candy Apple, not Mint Apple Candy :P

Oops you are right, in my excitement I got the name mixed up. Yes the brush is pretty wide, I love it too. My Rite Aid unfortunately does not have a wide variety of colors. Which stores carry a wide variety of colors?

Ulta carries a pretty large selection. I also purchased MCA last month and am in love with the color,too!!

Thanks, I am definitely going to make a trip to Ulta. I still can't believe how long lasting the color/formula is. It lasted me for much more than a week. Usually I don't paint my fingernails as they hardly last two days. I wonder if I need to buy another bottle and put it away just in case, would they always have this color available?

Aww, I really wanted to like MCA, but it looked bad with my ghostly skin tone and stained my nails to heck ( even with 2 coat of base :0 ) looked not at all 'mint' and more blue-ish. I ended up with Orly's Jealous Much which is a little more "grayed out".