Omg, I think my head is going to explode. It's too early for this. Help!

Sep 3, 2008
I know I just recently got a new bag (DA NF GM), but I'm really on the hunt for a big, slouchy hobo bag in mono. I know they discontinued the Delightful GM (I have the MM and I love it), but I had a small inkling of hope that there would be a GM left somewhere, anywhere. I called the 866 number this morning, and they completely shattered my dreams. They are "completely gone" and the Metis is its replacement. Definitely not the news I wanted to hear.

Since I definitely have the LV itch bad (does it ever go away???), I was wondering if I should order a Vernis cosmetic case just because & save up for an Empreinte bag, probably the Lumi?

Or should I not but the cosmetic case & save that money for the Lumi?

Or should I buy the cosmetic case & frequent consignment shops online for a Delightful GM?...but who knows how long that'll take.

Should I hold on the cosmetic case & search consignment shops for a good deal on a Lumi that I can buy asap?

Should I even buy the cosmetic case at all?

What's wrong with me? :woot:

How do you go from a "hobo" bag to a cosmetics pouch in one thought? I suggest you stop looking for something to buy for sake of buying something. If you want to feel good for the moment, take out your entire collection from storage and admire it as long as you need. Then switch out your bag and wallet for the fun of it. Maybe go out to lunch with a friend. Get away from this forum until you don't feel the urge to buy anything! If you have all the pieces you list in your signature, you are doing just fine...

Oh I feel you pain or "the itch" Hold off for the Empreinte. That's what I did last year, I held off for almost a year for my Chanel flap and I got it on my birthday. It was soo worth it, rather just buying something for the sake of buying. But then if its a gift, like a Trevi and cles, no problem.:presents:drinkup:

How do you go from a "hobo" bag to a cosmetics pouch in one thought? I suggest you stop looking for something to buy for sake of buying something. If you want to feel good for the moment, take out your entire collection from storage and admire it as long as you need. Then switch out your bag and wallet for the fun of it. Maybe go out to lunch with a friend. Get away from this forum until you don't feel the urge to buy anything! If you have all the pieces you list in your signature, you are doing just fine...

I think that's exactly what it is, I'm just looking to buy something for the sake of buying it. I mean, don't get me wrong I do want all three: Vernis cosmetic pouch, Delightful GM (or similar), and the Lumi. I just don't know what order to get them. The impending price increase doesn't help. I feel rushed to buy now.

Oh I feel you pain or "the itch" Hold off for the Empreinte. That's what I did last year, I held off for almost a year for my Chanel flap and I got it on my birthday. It was soo worth it, rather just buying something for the sake of buying. But then if its a gift, like a Trevi and cles, no problem.:presents:drinkup:

You're right, I think I should hold off for the Empreinte. It's just going to be so hard :smile: And congrats on the Chanel!!

I think that's exactly what it is, I'm just looking to buy something for the sake of buying it. I mean, don't get me wrong I do want all three: Vernis cosmetic pouch, Delightful GM (or similar), and the Lumi. I just don't know what order to get them. The impending price increase doesn't help. I feel rushed to buy now.

You're right, I think I should hold off for the Empreinte. It's just going to be so hard :smile: And congrats on the Chanel!!

Just to let you know how much self control I have to muster. I live like 5 blocks from the LV flagship store. And I shop at Bloomingdales with Chanel, Dior, LV. Oh the temptations, it was painful.:lolots:

i have to agree with this because i am in the same boat. i read this forum and love it, but it gives me lv fever! especially with the price increase looming. last night i did exactly this. i went through the lv's i already have and love. it took the focus off of the price increase frenzy. that being said, i hope i can hold out, lol!

Just to let you know how much self control I have to muster. I live like 5 blocks from the LV flagship store. And I shop at Bloomingdales with Chanel, Dior, LV. Oh the temptations, it was painful.:lolots:
this made me laugh. i don't have an lv near me at all. i always figured if i did, maybe it wouldn't seem like such an exotic temptation. maybe i would get tired of them. guess not, lol!

^ Best Advice Ever Award

this made me laugh. i don't have an lv near me at all. i always figured if i did, maybe it wouldn't seem like such an exotic temptation. maybe i would get tired of them. guess not, lol!

Hang in there, there's always the TPF to tide you over, hehe. Maybe, we can get our Empreinte together, planning on speedy 30 Empreinte. Heard it through the grapevine, it's coming middle of this year.:ghi5:

I think reading TPF and seeing all the reveals doesn't help you curb your desire. Take some time off the forums and bring out your current collection. Enjoy what you have and then decide if you really truly need to buy another piece right this moment. Don't feel rushed by some impeding price increase because it'll feel worse knowing you bought something you didn't really want or need.

I think I do need to take a break from seeing all these wonderful reveals...it really doesn't help with the temptation.

Thanks for all the great advice everyone! I think I'm just going to save up for the Lumi, even if it means I buy it at a much higher price after the increase :shrugs: