Tech iPhone died question

Sassys

Please get some Common Sense
O.G.
May 14, 2006
I was watching tv and sent a text to my friend. Walked out the room, came back and my brand new 4month old phone is dead. It does nothing. Do I take it to AT&T where I got it or go to the apple store? I can't believe it is just dead!

I was watching tv and sent a text to my friend. Walked out the room, came back and my brand new 4month old phone is dead. It does nothing. Do I take it to AT&T where I got it or go to the apple store? I can't believe it is just dead!

Did you put it on charger ? Sometimes that will so it. Make an appointment in the Genius Bar and take it to apple.

I agree, put it on charger. Then wait a few minutes and try to reboot it by pressing power and home button simultaneously for a few seconds.

I agree, put it on charger. Then wait a few minutes and try to reboot it by pressing power and home button simultaneously for a few seconds.

Did you put it on charger ? Sometimes that will so it. Make an appointment in the Genius Bar and take it to apple.

I put it in the charger and it did nothing. I then hooked it up to my computer and it now works. THANK GOD! It was so weird, why would it do that? It was on 90% battery, so I don't get it.

Thanks!

Good. Mine frooze the other day and its 2 weeks old. It wouldn't shut down or anything. I was able to turn on the flash light and let the battery drain so it shut itself off. I hooked it up to the charger and it was fine after that.

Perhaps your software back up is on that computer and it re-installed its memory. Idk. Just a thought

I think I am having the same issue, but mine randomly turns off in the middle of the day. I just plugged it in to charge and it rebooted itself. WTH. I did make an appointment with the Genius bar. This is just crazy.....

The iPhone, as well as other Apple products, have a protect-fail system. So when the system gets "over-loaded" and an error seems to be about to pop up, the system will shut down automatically.

With that said, the problem might be more than just that. Especially if your phone is constantly shutting down. Hopefully, if you have apple care, they will just give you a new phone.