Foil Embossing

mauveboudoir

Feb 25, 2011
I just got my Mac Mini in Luggage and am just piqued by the disclaimer in the tag: "Foil Embossing will wear over time and is the intended effect"

Does anyone have pictures of such "foil embossing" effect? What does it mean?

I am not sure what it means on the mini macs. I do know that foil embossing is used to create the cheeky messages on her pouches, though. I attached a picture to show you an example. Note the "my Goodies" writing on the pouch. This is an example of foil embossing. They use a machine to stamp the message on the leather.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130209_174833.png
    ForumRunner_20130209_174833.png
    607.2 KB · Views: 461
Ive been haveing that issue with my metallic leather... it would seem to fade and chip over time. Im wondering how to prevent that, or at least slow down the process. is it normal of all metallic leather or is it just a RM thing? Ive not had as much of an issue with coach or mj...

The foil embossing does fade (ie on the cheeky pouches). It looks distressed and kinda cool. There is no way to stop it, really. You just have to be careful with it and I'd try to keep the bag from getting too dry (because that's when it might get cracks).