Marci vs paraty

cat1967

O.G.
Aug 20, 2011
Hi ladies.
I am new here. I am planning on getting a Chloe bag. I like both Marci and Paraty. Which one in your opinion is nicer and which one is more practical. I appreciate your info.
Thanks in advance:smile:

Hi ladies.
I am new here. I am planning on getting a Chloe bag. I like both Marci and Paraty. Which one in your opinion is nicer and which one is more practical. I appreciate your info.
Thanks in advance:smile:

Hi Cat

Welcome to Chloe - It is my most favourite brand (among Balenciaga, Mulberry,Prada etc) - the leather is tough, colour amazing and doesnt scratch easily and gets softer with use.
I bought two paratys - Cyclamen and Dove and sold both of them. Initially thought it was the colour of cyclamen - so I sold it and bought a neutral . Still wasnt right !Just didnt bond with them as the small opening of the bag bothered me. Dont get me wrong it's a beautifully structured bag which is feminine and hip. Can be dressed up or down.
Marcie on the other hand - practical but still a stunner to look at. I have the Small Satchel with strap ( in Tan ). I especially love the little pouch under the flap and is perfect for car keys or essentials as I hate rummaging around for keys. The leather is superb and doesnt scratch at all. The round handles are easier to wear on shoulders. I am wanting to expand my collection to the crossbody and large satchel. I am not familiar with the Hobo style so cant comment.

Good luck with your choice - whichever will be an excellent one ( as it is a Chloe - LOL). Look forward to your reveal! :smile::smile::smile:

Hi Cat

Welcome to Chloe - It is my most favourite brand (among Balenciaga, Mulberry,Prada etc) - the leather is tough, colour amazing and doesnt scratch easily and gets softer with use.
I bought two paratys - Cyclamen and Dove and sold both of them. Initially thought it was the colour of cyclamen - so I sold it and bought a neutral . Still wasnt right !Just didnt bond with them as the small opening of the bag bothered me. Dont get me wrong it's a beautifully structured bag which is feminine and hip. Can be dressed up or down.
Marcie on the other hand - practical but still a stunner to look at. I have the Small Satchel with strap ( in Tan ). I especially love the little pouch under the flap and is perfect for car keys or essentials as I hate rummaging around for keys. The leather is superb and doesnt scratch at all. The round handles are easier to wear on shoulders. I am wanting to expand my collection to the crossbody and large satchel. I am not familiar with the Hobo style so cant comment.

Good luck with your choice - whichever will be an excellent one ( as it is a Chloe - LOL). Look forward to your reveal! :smile::smile::smile:
Hello again Cat - is that a Coq Midday in your Avatar ? As I have the exact same one if it is. Great mind thinks alike ?

Thank you so much. I read the post on the link you sent me and I think that maybe in the future I should get both styles. Now which one will be first depends on the colors. It is so difficult you see for me living in Greece to find Chloe bags. I have to order them from mytheresa.com and they don't have all styles in all colors. Thank you once more.:smile:

I have had a Marcie Hobo in black for 4 months now and it is my most practical bag - besides being one of the most beautiful. :heart:
I just bought a week ago a large YSL Muse Two, which is beautiful too, but such a pain on an everyday basis...

I have had a Marcie Hobo in black for 4 months now and it is my most practical bag - besides being one of the most beautiful. :heart:
I just bought a week ago a large YSL Muse Two, which is beautiful too, but such a pain on an everyday basis...
Love both styles, but Marcie is most practical for me. I wear my Marcies the most of all my bags, especially my black Hobo. I was just at Nordstrom yesterday and was telling the salesperson that I almost need to buy a backup black Marcie Hobo, just in case mine wears out one day. I love it that much. I can't imagine wearing it out, but you never know!

Love my Paratys, too, but the Marcie is just so functional and stylish. I do like the ability of the Paraty to be worn cross-body, though. That is a big plus.

I have both and love both (medium Paraty and small Marcie with strap). Maybe Marcie is easier to wear as it is flatter and sits closer to the body, very practical and elegant. But the Paraty is more glam, stands out more. I'm torn :smile:

I have the marcie medium satchel, bought about 2 months ago now. I find that the opening not wide enough for me (maybe I am use to wider openings) and the flap I have never used (impractical and I would never put anything in the front that doesn't fit in the bag. The front is decorative and if you put anything in it, it may look bulgy. I was going to get a paraty, but after reading reviews and what people have to say, I think I won't, it may be just a bag I want for this month and may change next month. Go to the store and take a look, compare both and see what fits your lifestyle and works for you.