how long do i wait before....

Hello,

My description and pictures depict this bag exactly. As stated - I had it professionally cleaned and never wore it. Unfortunately, I do not accept returns. The bag is indeed in mint condition as stated- there are no dings nor r there scratches anywhere. Keep in mind this is a vintage bag- as stated in my auction and the pictures represent the bag accurately as they were taken at the time of the auction posting. As my auction states- all sales are final, and your question in regards to dimensions of the bag was asked after you winning the auction- and I have answered your requests in a timely fashion. Hope this helps. Thanks

Because ebay relies on the written description more than the photographs, I think you have a good case for SNAD since all she said was that it was in, " Mint condition vintage clutch!!" If there were areas of rubbing or dirt, she should have stated that in the description, not relied on photos which may show shadows or not. I would never list an item like this as a seller, but I wouldn't buy one as a buyer, either. There is just too much subjectivity involved in stating something is in "Mind condition vintage." Mint means something very different than vintage. Vintage implies there could be aging, but putting "Mint" in front of it makes one think it was boxed up all of the years since it was made, so it's in fabulous condition. She does list it as pre-owned, but then states that it's mint. I think it's clearly SNAD if there are any marks or rubbings or wear due to how the seller wrote the description.

Add her lack of description to the lack of prompt mailing (despite stating 4 days delivery time estimated with expedited shipping) and her lack of willingness to refund, I would see this seller as one who is not going to cooperate, so I think taking the photos that BB suggested and filing SNAD with ebay is your next step.

ETA: Looking at her other listings, she doesn't show things in detail, her photos are blurry and/or dark, she doesn't show the soles of shoes that need to be seen for authentication; she just seems to be a sloppy seller who slaps up anything to have it up as a listing. Pretty sad. Add to that, she lists one bag as NWT then goes on in the description to state her friend used it one time. Unreal.

Last edited:
Because ebay relies on the written description more than the photographs, I think you have a good case for SNAD since all she said was that it was in, " Mint condition vintage clutch!!" If there were areas of rubbing or dirt, she should have stated that in the description, not relied on photos which may show shadows or not. I would never list an item like this as a seller, but I wouldn't buy one as a buyer, either. There is just too much subjectivity involved in stating something is in "Mind condition vintage." Mint means something very different than vintage. Vintage implies there could be aging, but putting "Mint" in front of it makes one think it was boxed up all of the years since it was made, so it's in fabulous condition. She does list it as pre-owned, but then states that it's mint. I think it's clearly SNAD if there are any marks or rubbings or wear due to how the seller wrote the description.

Add her lack of description to the lack of prompt mailing (despite stating 4 days delivery time estimated with expedited shipping) and her lack of willingness to refund, I would see this seller as one who is not going to cooperate, so I think taking the photos that BB suggested and filing SNAD with ebay is your next step.

ITA about buying suede, and have passed up suede, til now, but I caved went for this one. Just really fortunate that this purchase was not an expensive one. I have a handful of early 2000s YSL all purchased as pre owned "mint" condition, and you know what they are perfect, perfect unblemished pieces.... so I hit a snag on this one. I am not handy with photography and linking, and most of my possessions are packed for a coming move. I will look on eBay to see what my window of time is to do this. This poor little bag, maybe in its state due to being carried and loved much, lol. This seller could not be too familiar with YSL as she described the handle incorrectly. If she had not stated that she had it professionally cleaned I might had some hope for the bag to be rehabilitated, yet the evidence of harsh brushing said much, I would have rather found a way to put my energies into a positive act than to now haggle with this refund situation. Thank you all very much, from my tantrum to this, I appreciate the help.

ITA about buying suede, and have passed up suede, til now, but I caved went for this one. Just really fortunate that this purchase was not an expensive one. I have a handful of early 2000s YSL all purchased as pre owned "mint" condition, and you know what they are perfect, perfect unblemished pieces.... so I hit a snag on this one. I am not handy with photography and linking, and most of my possessions are packed for a coming move. I will look on eBay to see what my window of time is to do this. This poor little bag, maybe in its state due to being carried and loved much, lol. This seller could not be too familiar with YSL as she described the handle incorrectly. If she had not stated that she had it professionally cleaned I might had some hope for the bag to be rehabilitated, yet the evidence of harsh brushing said much, I would have rather found a way to put my energies into a positive act than to now haggle with this refund situation. Thank you all very much, from my tantrum to this, I appreciate the help.
You have 45 days from the end of the listing to file snad. But I'd suggest doing it quickly rather than waiting. You don't want her to accuse you of using the bag and soiling it yourself.

As Tutu pointed out (and state this as part of your dispute), the listing states "I bought it for a wedding and never ended up wearing it," yet her response to you stated, "As stated - I had it professionally cleaned and never wore it."

There is no reason for someone to have an unused item professionally cleaned. Obviously, it was used, and (IMO) was not cleaned!

You have 45 days from the end of the listing to file snad. But I'd suggest doing it quickly rather than waiting. You don't want her to accuse you of using the bag and soiling it yourself.

As Tutu pointed out (and state this as part of your dispute), the listing states "I bought it for a wedding and never ended up wearing it," yet her response to you stated, "As stated - I had it professionally cleaned and never wore it."

There is no reason for someone to have an unused item professionally cleaned. Obviously, it was used, and (IMO) was not cleaned!

Very good point regarding the possibility of her accusing me of that.

OK, I opened my eBay SNAD case, so they quickly notify the seller of this. Maybe she will cooperate now.

She may or may not cooperate, but you should have your photos ready to show them of the areas that show dirt, rubbing, etc. so they can compare, as well as your written description of the way it's not "mint." I think you have a pretty good case from the photos of her listing. Like I said, I have been told by ebay that they rely more on the words of the description, rather than the photos.

Glad you opened the case quickly! You will have to pay to ship it back to her, but she will have to return your original postage cost plus the item cost. I know it's not a ton of money, but money is money, and you didn't get what you thought you were getting from the way the listing is worded. Maybe this will prompt her to be a bit more careful in listing things as they really are.

She may or may not cooperate, but you should have your photos ready to show them of the areas that show dirt, rubbing, etc. so they can compare, as well as your written description of the way it's not "mint." I think you have a pretty good case from the photos of her listing. Like I said, I have been told by ebay that they rely more on the words of the description, rather than the photos.

Glad you opened the case quickly! You will have to pay to ship it back to her, but she will have to return your original postage cost plus the item cost. I know it's not a ton of money, but money is money, and you didn't get what you thought you were getting from the way the listing is worded. Maybe this will prompt her to be a bit more careful in listing things as they really are.

Agree here.. If you do send this bag back, send it with online
tracking, delivery & signature confirmation & if it over $250 insurance.

If your wording in the description is specific showing the wear in the corners,
etc, you have a good case.

Keep us posted

UPDATE & I am a little confused, because I have not been through this before...

I received the following from eBay today, just saw it:

1st: today's date

Hi k***1,
The seller has asked eBay Customer Support to review this case and make a final decision.
We'll review the case details, such as messages sent in the Resolutions Center about this case and other emails sent through eBay between you and the seller. If we have questions, we'll get in touch with you. We'll get back to you within 72 hours.

You can view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

Cannot copy and past right now...

It has been a very busy day, and color me stupid (please don't) but why would I ship it back to seller (they have given me 7 days to do so), if there is no confirmation of refund to me. My stupid computer has been acting up or I would copy and paste - cannot even load two sites at same time... will bring up on note pad and paraphrase.... (not adept on that thing either)

2nd:
(paraphrasing)
Hello ***,
We are contacting u about case that opened for YSL vintage mint Yada yada (######). As a courtesy we're covering your return shipping costs by providing you a prepaid label to return the item. Its important that you ship the item back in the next 7 days so u can get a refund. Be sure to pack item carefully and securely and to include all parts of item. The seller must receive the item in the same condition that you received it for you to be eligible for your refund. To print label - etc. attach label to box, send the item to the seller using UPS shipping. Then eBay goes on to provide instructions on how add tracking info to the case via the Resolution Center; and directions to check status of the case via the Resolution Center.

So... All I have to do is send the seller her bag? I provided all the info to this post that I received today. Did I miss the part that said.. they found in my favor, I win? Or do they provide a return label ahead of time just in case I win a refund? TIA so very much. (not proof read)

UPDATE & I am a little confused, because I have not been through this before...

I received the following from eBay today, just saw it:

1st: today's date

Hi k***1,
The seller has asked eBay Customer Support to review this case and make a final decision.
We'll review the case details, such as messages sent in the Resolutions Center about this case and other emails sent through eBay between you and the seller. If we have questions, we'll get in touch with you. We'll get back to you within 72 hours.

You can view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

Cannot copy and past right now...

It has been a very busy day, and color me stupid (please don't) but why would I ship it back to seller (they have given me 7 days to do so), if there is no confirmation of refund to me. My stupid computer has been acting up or I would copy and paste - cannot even load two sites at same time... will bring up on note pad and paraphrase.... (not adept on that thing either)

2nd:
(paraphrasing)
Hello ***,
We are contacting u about case that opened for YSL vintage mint Yada yada (######). As a courtesy we're covering your return shipping costs by providing you a prepaid label to return the item. Its important that you ship the item back in the next 7 days so u can get a refund. Be sure to pack item carefully and securely and to include all parts of item. The seller must receive the item in the same condition that you received it for you to be eligible for your refund. To print label - etc. attach label to box, send the item to the seller using UPS shipping. Then eBay goes on to provide instructions on how add tracking info to the case via the Resolution Center; and directions to check status of the case via the Resolution Center.

So... All I have to do is send the seller her bag? I provided all the info to this post that I received today. Did I miss the part that said.. they found in my favor, I win? Or do they provide a return label ahead of time just in case I win a refund? TIA so very much. (not proof read)

Evidently, they've decided in your favor and will pay for your return shipping too. They are telling you that once you return the bag, they'll issue the refund. You need to provide tracking (which will be on the label they provided for you to print and secure to the package). You might want to call them or call UPS and verify that the shipping label includes signature since the bag/purchase was $250+. If ebay didn't pay for s.c., you need to spring for it to cover yourself.

Congratulations!

Evidently, they've decided in your favor and will pay for your return shipping too. They are telling you that once you return the bag, they'll issue the refund. You need to provide tracking (which will be on the label they provided for you to print and secure to the package). You might want to call them or call UPS and verify that the shipping label includes signature since the bag/purchase was $250+. If ebay didn't pay for s.c., you need to spring for it to cover yourself.

Congratulations!

Well whoo hoo! Thank you all for all the kind support. It still didn't say straight out that they found in my favor. So now I return the bag and the eBay instantly refunds me, or does the seller refund my PayPal account?

THis situation has taught me much, so much. I know I came here bummed about the lack of expedient shipping, I'm really not that high maintenance, my lack of experience having only to go by what the other three sellers did spoiled me. But, if I hadn't come here about the shipping I would have just let it go, I thought this would have been more difficult, although this little bag is a mess up close and personal. Thank you ladies !

Congratulations!

What is S.C.?

Congratulations!

Congratulations; you will get your refund when it shows that the item was delivered. So make sure you have delivery confirmation when you send it back.

What is S.C.?

S.C. is signature confirmation, and is only required on items that cost $250+, but since yours was under $100, all you need is delivery confirmation. These are needed to prove that the item was sent/received. You are fine with delivery confirmation (dc for short). So so happy you are going to be refunded, and I really hope this sellers ups her selling game to show decent photos and with thorough written descriptions.

Most sellers are not like this one, so you just ran into one that's not very professional (and by that, i don't mean full time seller; I mean one who takes pride in actually having decent photos and full descriptions). I'm sure there is your ideal bag out there waiting for you!