DA is on the way (hey that rhymes)

SophieChic

O.G.
Oct 6, 2011
So went to LV today and the only DA NF GM in stock was the display model. She was going to wrap it up, and I was like, er no.....want a brand new one please! So I have to wait a few days. That is fine. Question......does anyone here *not* mind getting a display bag? If they knocked a couple hundred off it maybe, but I am not paying the same amount for one that the public has been mauling, especially with that beautiful vachetta. I can understand if you were in like a huge hurry for some reason to get the bag, like a gift right away or something, but otherwise? My Dad was with me and he said he felt the same way. The SA acted as though it were perfectly normal to refuse a display bag, so many others must do the same....

Oooooh...as I was typing the above, the SA just called me to see if I was still in the area, said my bag just arrived (she had told me they were en route), I am back home unfortunately, but she says she will ship it out today! Whee! :biggrin:

Yay! Congrats on your new bag, can't wait to see it (I bet you can't wait too!)

For the price, I definitely want a bag that hasn't been handled too much, I don't blame you for asking for a brand new bag, I would have done the same thing.

I wouldn't accept one either. I think they've got a damn cheek to try to wrap one up for you. If they ask and the client doesn't mind that's another story, but just to assume? No. If I was in an electronics store trying to buy a TV and they were selling me the display model you'd better believe I'd be getting a discounted price for it!!! No different for LV. For a brand which never goes on sale and doesn't have outlets particularly, they really shouldn't be selling anything less than brand new products.

I wouldn't accept one either. I think they've got a damn cheek to try to wrap one up for you. If they ask and the client doesn't mind that's another story, but just to assume? No. If I was in an electronics store trying to buy a TV and they were selling me the display model you'd better believe I'd be getting a discounted price for it!!! No different for LV. For a brand which never goes on sale and doesn't have outlets particularly, they really shouldn't be selling anything less than brand new products.

++++1 Well put!!

OP, congrats on your new bag! I just got mine on Monday (I'll do a reveal in a bit), and I'm taking it out for the first time today...kinda nervous cause it's in pristine condition.

Let me know how you like it and if you're just as nervous as I am about taking it out!

++++1 Well put!!

OP, congrats on your new bag! I just got mine on Monday (I'll do a reveal in a bit), and I'm taking it out for the first time today...kinda nervous cause it's in pristine condition.

Let me know how you like it and if you're just as nervous as I am about taking it out!

Yes, I am nervous about taking it out. I am ordering some water resistant treatment for the vachetta recommended here on TPF, so at least I won't worry if it starts to rain. It is more of a sunny day bag though anyway, but you never know.....

when you guys say display do you mean like its on a shelf where everyone can see? or the one they pull out of the drawer? or both? haha sorry.

This one was out on a shelf where people can pick it up and touch it. She looked for one in the drawer but they were all out. The last time I was there the display DA GM NF was under glass, but, to me, the vachetta is still being exposed to sunlight. I want brand new vachetta that has not been exposed even like that, but under glass would be better than on the shelf. People do still ask to see under glass items and touch them though. So even if it was the under glass one, would not have gotten it either.

I don't know my bags have always been the displays :sad:. My alma was in a glass case it looks perfect to me. Then I got the hampstead and that was also the display it looked fine to me. Seems like all the bags I want they are out of:sad:. Either way I am happy with my purchase but yes I wish they were not displays. For my other bags they were gifts so I have no idea if they are displays or not.