Wondering if I got ripped off at Celine Paris

radsres

O.G.
Feb 14, 2010
Hey Guys,

After reading some of the reference threads regarding prices in Europe I am wondering if I got ripped off during a recent shopping experience.

I bought a small Celine Trapeze at the Ave Montaigne store in Paris on thanksgiving day. My entire experience there was a little strange. The first salesperson said that they didn't have any trapeze bags in the store. I walked around for a few minutes and when I spoke to another salesperson she said they had many and took me upstairs where she started pulling several trapeze bags from the closet (these were not on display and many were the older 2012 color combinations including the tricolor with the royal blue suede wings that the blogger brooklynblonde has).

I was debating between 2 bags - the tricolor with royal blue suede wings and the camel color (not tricolor). Both were size small. At the time she said that the price for the tricolor was 1500euros and the price for the camel was 1600euros. I asked why the camel was 100 euros more and she said the leather was special. It wasn't the croc embossed leather. It was a smooth calfskin, really buttery.

I ended up buying the camel colored purse and I love it. However, when reading some of the threads I am seeing that there is a price difference between the smooth leathers and the croc embossed. Is there a difference amongst the smooth leathers when it comes to price. Or did she rip me off?

I remember someone has come across the same experience. It's somewhere in the thread posted in the fall last year. If I remember correctly, she was also wondering why the camel one (or maybe the tan) trapeze is a little more expensive and she was told the same thing that the leather is a bit different.

I remember someone has come across the same experience. It's somewhere in the thread posted in the fall last year. If I remember correctly, she was also wondering why the camel one (or maybe the tan) trapeze is a little more expensive and she was told the same thing that the leather is a bit different.

thank you for mentioning this! i sure hope you're right.

I spoke to a SA at the Celine boutique in NYC and there are two types of leathers in the solids - drummed and smooth. The smooth is priced higher. So rest assure that you didn't get ripped off :smile:

I faced the same situation a couple months back; but don't worry, the SA told you the truth. I believe the camel one was made from different calf leather (totally forgot what they called it). HTH!