Question for all the seasoned ebayers out there

gatorgirl07

Dec 2, 2012
I recently purchased a bag from a seller with more than 2k feedback and 100% positive. The bag that I bought had plenty of pics and has already been sent. My question is, while I was perusing those sellers other items, I noticed the bag that I just purchased. I was like, "hmmm I guess she has several of these." Then I started looking at the pics. They are the exact same from my bag. One of the pics of my bag shows the serial number inside. It has the same exact serial number in the sellers other pic in the different auction.

I really don't know what (if anything) I should do about this, but it has me worried.

Ps. This bag has already been mailed and tracking provided. Will be here fri

I see. I am not familiar with that brand. I do know that some brands do have unique serial numbers for each bag, but some brands don't. If she is a reseller, she may have a few of the same item for sale. She may not have realized that each bag although identical looking may have a different serial number.
I am a reseller as well. If I am selling shoes and I may have more then one pair in a certain size, I do not retake pictures every time unless there is a color variation or a defect that I have to disclose and show. Some bags as well. For example, I have two identical Jimmy Choo bags for sale. Both brand new, no flaws, identical color and condition. When one sells, I will list the other one, but I will probably use the same pictures. I also have two identical Valentino bags, but one has a very minor flaw, but because it does, I will not reuse the same pictures.

For Dooney I wouldn't really worry. The seller probably bought a bunch of them but only took pictures of one, either out of laziness or just not thinking anyone would care if it wasn't the exact item in the picture. Definitely get it authenticated here just for your peace of mind but I wouldn't worry at all yet.