Dooney Outlet in Aurora IL

MrsKC

Jan 5, 2013
Hey Ladies, we are planning a trip north of Chicago in April and I would like to go to the Dooney outlet in Aurora IL. I have never been to this one (acually, I have never been to a Dooney outlet at all). For those of you that have visited this one----is it worth the stop? What is your opinion of this store?
Thanks in advance!! kc

I've never been to that one, but I've been to the one in Livermore and I loved it :smile:. I think they carry more variety than the department stores that I've been to, and they normally have 30% off or more on retail price for the same pieces that you could find anywhere else at regular price. I'd call first and find out what they have in stock though because here things are snatched up as soon as they come in.

I've never been to that one, but I've been to the one in Livermore and I loved it :smile:. I think they carry more variety than the department stores that I've been to, and they normally have 30% off or more on retail price for the same pieces that you could find anywhere else at regular price. I'd call first and find out what they have in stock though because here things are snatched up as soon as they come in.

Thank you Anagem! I didnt think about calling them :smile: kc

Last time I was there they had some Florentines I don't remember which ones but i think most styles. I think they were clearing out colors and had colors like olive, oyster, dusty blue. This was quite a few months ago. It's a nice store and the sales people were very helpful. U can find some nice deals. Worth the trip!

Mornin' MrsKC!

I go to the Aurora Outlet about once a month. My next trip is planned for President's Day Weekend. If you go there with a specific bag or color in mind you may not see exactly what you're looking for because the styles and colors vary often. The last time I was there the Wilson satchels (leather and linen) was prominently displayed in the front, Florentine bags were in the front in a corner section, and a variety of styles displayed around the store. But the layout changes almost every time I go. You're going to see some styles you will not see in department stores. If going to Aurora doesn't take you too far off your route, I'd say it's worth checking out! Like Masteryoda said it's a nice store and the SA's are helpful. (Don't hesitate to ask them if they have something in the backroom if you don't see what you're looking for.) And like Anagem said, the outlet stores carry more of a variety than the department stores and there's always something at a great price. It's a few feet away from the Coach store. If you plan to stop in Coach, and you're going on the weekend, I suggest you get to the outlet early, or expect to stand in line to get in the store. There is never a line to get in Dooney. Also, parking is better the earlier you go. Along that same section is Kate Spade, Vera Bradley and Michael Kors. Just a little further down is Cole Haan, next to Juicy Couture.

When I get back from my next trip I'll let you know what I saw. (Not buying, just going with my cousin and BFF. I'm saving my next purchase for the Livermore outlet with JJOY when I'm in CA!):yahoo:

Have a great day!

I went to the Dooney outlet in San Marcos Texas and YES it is worth going. The price I paid for my Wilson bag was cheaper than the the special price offered during the Christmas sale. (24 days of Christmas ?) I wish there was one close here in Colorado.

Hey kc,

I love the Aurora store. I used to live in Chicago so have been there a few times. Too bad my love for Dooney started after I moved, but it's worth the visit. I went there last May and bought a few bags, ok, more than a few, more like 8 I think, plus a few wallets to match the dooneys I already had. You will find discounts starting at 30% for the newer lines and then some others are 40% and 50%. Then they have a clearance section with items with further discount %. It was for sure a fun trip. I was planning to go again this next holiday weekend (president's day) but DH has something important going on that monday so he can't take the day off, so it will be postponed for the next holiday.

Agree with everything posted, especially the comments by RuedeNesle.

Just two additional comments...Aurora also has a Coach Men's store, which has a great clearance area....AND I can't emphasize this enough, for weekend visits, get there as early as possible, as parking is very, very limited.

Last time I was there they had some Florentines I don't remember which ones but i think most styles. I think they were clearing out colors and had colors like olive, oyster, dusty blue. This was quite a few months ago. It's a nice store and the sales people were very helpful. U can find some nice deals. Worth the trip!

Masteryoda, thank you! I hope we do get to stop there. kc

Mornin' MrsKC!

I go to the Aurora Outlet about once a month. My next trip is planned for President's Day Weekend. If you go there with a specific bag or color in mind you may not see exactly what you're looking for because the styles and colors vary often. The last time I was there the Wilson satchels (leather and linen) was prominently displayed in the front, Florentine bags were in the front in a corner section, and a variety of styles displayed around the store. But the layout changes almost every time I go. You're going to see some styles you will not see in department stores. If going to Aurora doesn't take you too far off your route, I'd say it's worth checking out! Like Masteryoda said it's a nice store and the SA's are helpful. (Don't hesitate to ask them if they have something in the backroom if you don't see what you're looking for.) And like Anagem said, the outlet stores carry more of a variety than the department stores and there's always something at a great price. It's a few feet away from the Coach store. If you plan to stop in Coach, and you're going on the weekend, I suggest you get to the outlet early, or expect to stand in line to get in the store. There is never a line to get in Dooney. Also, parking is better the earlier you go. Along that same section is Kate Spade, Vera Bradley and Michael Kors. Just a little further down is Cole Haan, next to Juicy Couture.

When I get back from my next trip I'll let you know what I saw. (Not buying, just going with my cousin and BFF. I'm saving my next purchase for the Livermore outlet with JJOY when I'm in CA!):yahoo:

Have a great day!

Wow, you are a master at that store!! Thank you for the info. Right now I dont think I am looking for anything particular....just want to look. I would like to have something Chestnut in Florentine, so far I dont have that color. Have a great night! kc PS I am a bit jealous (in a nice way) about your trip to Livermore!!

I went to the Dooney outlet in San Marcos Texas and YES it is worth going. The price I paid for my Wilson bag was cheaper than the the special price offered during the Christmas sale. (24 days of Christmas ?) I wish there was one close here in Colorado.

I think it would be nice if there were at least 2 outlets in every state!! kc

Agree with everything posted, especially the comments by RuedeNesle.

Just two additional comments...Aurora also has a Coach Men's store, which has a great clearance area....AND I can't emphasize this enough, for weekend visits, get there as early as possible, as parking is very, very limited.

Ok, thank you, I never even considered the parking.......kc

Hey kc,

I love the Aurora store. I used to live in Chicago so have been there a few times. Too bad my love for Dooney started after I moved, but it's worth the visit. I went there last May and bought a few bags, ok, more than a few, more like 8 I think, plus a few wallets to match the dooneys I already had. You will find discounts starting at 30% for the newer lines and then some others are 40% and 50%. Then they have a clearance section with items with further discount %. It was for sure a fun trip. I was planning to go again this next holiday weekend (president's day) but DH has something important going on that monday so he can't take the day off, so it will be postponed for the next holiday.

MaryBel, I love the way you shop!! We are driving from Indiana to Wisc so it is a bit out of the way. We usually stop at the outlets north of Chicago by Gurnee Mills.......they have Coach but no Dooney. I am working on DH to get him to go a bit out of the way. I did agree to going to TWO Brewers games while we are in Wisc......so I do think it is only fair!! kc

MaryBel, I love the way you shop!! We are driving from Indiana to Wisc so it is a bit out of the way. We usually stop at the outlets north of Chicago by Gurnee Mills.......they have Coach but no Dooney. I am working on DH to get him to go a bit out of the way. I did agree to going to TWO Brewers games while we are in Wisc......so I do think it is only fair!! kc

I think it's worth the detour. We used to go to Gurnee too but it's not as fun as Aurora. When we went on May, we only went for the weekend, got there on Friday night and we were at the outlet on sat just before they opened. I only shopped handbags at Dooney and Vera Bradley. I saw the line at coach and decided to use my time somewhere else. On Monday before we drove back, we were going to go to the outlet in pleasant prarie, wi (but that one only has coach, no dooney, but btw, it my be on your way, it's a little bit north from gurnee mills, still on I 94, just crossing the state border with IL) but on the way we realized that because where we were staying, it was further than what we remembered, so we ended up going to Aurora a second time and I had to stop at dooney again and got 2 more bags.

And I agree, it's fair your DH takes you to Aurora since you are going to the games with him.