Should I Buy A Speedy 30?

lolasmom

O.G.
Feb 11, 2007
Over 50, (boo hoo) but still loving great bags. There is life in this old bag lol.

Anyway, I have been wanting to buy a speedy for a while - and just can't make up my mind. I love my Totally MM - use it every day - along with my DE Verona -. I need an every day bag that is comfy and easy to carry. (My Alma MM Vernis Amarante is not getting any use ).

So, I am tempted to go and buy the speedy but the indecision is too great lately. I am fixing up my home that was ravaged by Hurricane Sandy - and right now I am holed up in my bedroom because finally we got to the point of replacing my ceramic tile floors and I am looking at the LV site and reading this board to see if I would be making a good decision for me.

I don't want to go too crazy on $$$ because I just need to much to restore my home but I feel I do need something because of the stress and hoping a bag will make me smile.

It's between a Delightful PM, a Speey 30 Mono, or something else.

What could you suggest maybe for a something else or the speedy.

Thanks.

I have the delightful PM. It's funny because I was going to sell it to Yoogi's closet and try to get the MM, but ultimately decided to keep mine. It's a good size but it does get punched up rather quickly if you put too many things.. (but then again I carry a cosmetic GM, PM, Zippy Organizer, MM Agenda, sunglass case, and pencil bag) lol. However, you seem to already have shoulder bags. I'd go with a speedy. Maybe an Azur? Then you'll have one of each print. If you do decide to go for mono, i'd opt towards a Speedy Bandouliere 30. Its great to have BOTH options (shoulder and handheld). Sorry to hear about your home and I bet a bag will fill that big ball of stress! Goodluck and keep us updated! xx

Over 50, (boo hoo) but still loving great bags. There is life in this old bag lol.

Anyway, I have been wanting to buy a speedy for a while - and just can't make up my mind. I love my Totally MM - use it every day - along with my DE Verona -. I need an every day bag that is comfy and easy to carry. (My Alma MM Vernis Amarante is not getting any use ).

So, I am tempted to go and buy the speedy but the indecision is too great lately. I am fixing up my home that was ravaged by Hurricane Sandy - and right now I am holed up in my bedroom because finally we got to the point of replacing my ceramic tile floors and I am looking at the LV site and reading this board to see if I would be making a good decision for me.

I don't want to go too crazy on $$$ because I just need to much to restore my home but I feel I do need something because of the stress and hoping a bag will make me smile.

It's between a Delightful PM, a Speey 30 Mono, or something else.

What could you suggest maybe for a something else or the speedy.

Thanks.
Hello! Sorry to hear about Hurricane Sandy. Hope everyone there is ok and recovering as best as they can.
How about a Speedy B? That would be your hand held and and shoulder/cross body. I don't have one but it seems it would fit into your life. :smile:

delightful is a great bag, speedy is a great bag i don't think you will go wrong either way. But i definitely appreciate the speedy b and use it alot more because of the strap option.

Age doesn't make a difference so if it's the Speedy you want, then you should get it. I LOVE the delightful MM too though. It comes down to whether or not you want a shoulder or hand held bag. HTH

I have two Speedies that I got before they came out with the Speedy B with the strap. I think the Speedy B is a better choice than a regular Speedy if you're looking into that particular style. Also, I think that style looks good at any age!

The Delightful is also a wonderful bag, so you honestly can't go wrong :biggrin:

I vote for the Speedy B as it's something different to your collection.

Good luck with your house restorations. Don't get overwhelmed, there's light at the end of the tunnel. :smile:

Thank you everyone. I think Speedy B will be a great addition. I just told my husband that though it sounds selfish to think of a bag now, it's just what is needed for spirit lifting. Kind of sounds shallow but it's true. :smile:

Thank you everyone. I think Speedy B will be a great addition. I just told my husband that though it sounds selfish to think of a bag now, it's just what is needed for spirit lifting. Kind of sounds shallow but it's true. :smile:

I don't see it as shallow and I doubt any of us here do. If it is something that will bring you happiness then do it! Honestly who cares if it's a material thing that gets you through a difficult time? So be it then! Besides, I see it as having more sentimental value by the time your repairs are all done.

I don't see it as shallow and I doubt any of us here do. If it is something that will bring you happiness then do it! Honestly who cares if it's a material thing that gets you through a difficult time? So be it then! Besides, I see it as having more sentimental value by the time your repairs are all done.

I agree. Not shallow. :smile: *hugs*