Disappointed with my new Pigalles.

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
I've been really looking forward to getting my new Pigalles in nude patent as it's a style I've been looking for for a while. I tracked some down in Europe but it would've worked out more expensive to have them shipped and with the currency conversion and bank fee. So I finally found a pair in my local boutique and picked them up yesterday. I didn't really look at them properly in the boutique and I didn't bother to try them on as I know my Pigalle size and the boutique was about to close.

First off, when I got home and tried them on there was a huge gap at the back. They didn't feel like they were too big but there was just this massive gap at the back. Even my boyfriend was laughing at them! It made the shoes look huge on me! I thought it was because of the little elastic at the back but when I compared them to my other Pigalles, I noticed that the nude ones were very narrow at the back which made them protrude more. I was able to just massage the leather a bit at the back and they look fine now.

Next issue is the colour. It isn't the shade of nude I was hoping for. I always thought the Pigalles were a pinkish nude but these are quite a dark nude, more beigish. My Pigalle Platos in nude were more of a pinkish nude and I loved that colour. Also the nude Biancas I tried on last weekend were the same pinkish nude. Has Louboutin changed the Pigalle nude for this season?

All in all I'm really disappointed as I was so excited to pick up the shoes but I'm so unsure about the shade of nude. If I ordered a different pair of Pigalles from another boutique, is there a possibility they will be a different shade of nude, or is this darker, more beigey nude the new nude for this season? I'm almost tempted to exchange them for the pinker nude Bianca.

This shoe that you are describing may just be a camel colour instead of nude.
They have made it in a lot of different shoes but you have to be careful what shoe you do pick up as there are multiple colours or it could be faulty? have you got any pictures?

It would be really helpful to see pictures, but if you are unhappy with them and the size is too big it's probably best to take them back for a refund and maybe look on the CL boutique for the next few weeks to see if you come across them.

This shoe that you are describing may just be a camel colour instead of nude.
They have made it in a lot of different shoes but you have to be careful what shoe you do pick up as there are multiple colours or it could be faulty? have you got any pictures?

It would be really helpful to see pictures, but if you are unhappy with them and the size is too big it's probably best to take them back for a refund and maybe look on the CL boutique for the next few weeks to see if you come across them.

No, it's not a fault and it's definitely not camel, it's nude. I've seen variations on the shade of nude before. The size is fine, it's just how the shoe was shaped at the back. It was very stiff and narrow, so it sort of jutted out.

Each louboutin does vary so maybe you just got a bad shoe in response to the narrow backs, have you asked your SA about this?

No, I've not called the boutique yet as they only had one in my size. I think I've sorted the back problem. They just needed softening a bit at the back as they were really stiff. The issue now is the nude colour.

I think they changed the "nude" for this season. I had to return a much-awaited pair of Very Prives back to the EU e-commerce site, because of that same reason. The current nude is beige-ish and quite dark on my light skin. I, too, prefer the pinkish nude.
If the current nude doesn't complement your skintone, I'd say don't settle for that.

The code on the box says PK20 Nude 6248. What does the 6248 mean? Does that mean it's a darker nude than the nude with the code 6240 that you were referring to? Are Pigalles normally 6240 or 6248?

Sorry I meant PK20 Nude 6248 and not 6240. As I said PK20 Nude 6248 it's the classic CL nude.

The Pigalle on CLs online boutique are also PK20
http://us.christianlouboutin.com/us_en/shop/women/pigalle-patent-8.html
Pigalle Plato as well
http://us.christianlouboutin.com/us_en/shop/women/pigalle-plato-patent-185.html

Well if they look good and you like them wear them in good health

To be honest though the lighter nude in the biancas would be nice :smile:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they do look good or I do like them. They weren't really what I was expecting as my PPs seemed to be more pinkish. But if I can't get them in the more pinkish nude I'm not sure what to do really.

I think they changed the "nude" for this season. I had to return a much-awaited pair of Very Prives back to the EU e-commerce site, because of that same reason. The current nude is beige-ish and quite dark on my light skin. I, too, prefer the pinkish nude.
If the current nude doesn't complement your skintone, I'd say don't settle for that.

Did the keep the same color code?

Sorry I meant PK20 Nude 6248 and not 6240. As I said PK20 Nude 6248 it's the classic CL nude.

The Pigalle on CLs online boutique are also PK20
http://us.christianlouboutin.com/us_en/shop/women/pigalle-patent-8.html
Pigalle Plato as well
http://us.christianlouboutin.com/us_en/shop/women/pigalle-plato-patent-185.html

So I wonder why the nude of my PPs was more pinkish? That's really strange. I could do with getting hold of another pair of Pigalles just to compare the nudes. Maybe it was a one off where they didn't quite get it right.

Really?! Glad to hear that I'm not alone. I thought I was losing it! Do you have any other nude shoes from previous seasons to compare with?