does this bag look too old lady-ish??

I'm sorry, are you saying 'old ladyish' is something to be avoided? Coz I intend to grow into an old lady in the most disgracefully old-lady-ish way possible

I didn't meant offense to anyone, I promise! it's just I wanna get it because it's like a bag from a show I've been hunting for a year or so now, and I'm only 22 so just wanted to make sure it didn't look like a lot older than myself .

I didn't meant offense to anyone, I promise! it's just I wanna get it because it's like a bag from a show I've been hunting for a year or so now, and I'm only 22 so just wanted to make sure it didn't look like a lot older than myself .
If you've been hunting it for a year, then you need to get it, don't you think? How can a bag make you look older than your age? ;)

When I saw the title of your thread, I expected to see a bag similar to a Chanel flap or a top-handle bag like a Kelly, something that could be seen as conservative, but this seems like a pretty basic hobo. I wouldn't look at it and attach any age group or particular style to it. If you like it, get it!

No offense taken, and I'm an old lady :P

To be honest, my 70yo mother has a Stone Mountain crossbody. The bags are lush feeling, I am not sure if its genuine leather but if not, it's pretty darn close. They are also practical bags.

The one thing I noticed about the Stone Mountain bag is that it's got a slightly conservative vibe to it. I'd equate it to the Derek Alexander bags, Ellington bags. I had initially bought if for myself for the material but gave it to my mother. Just something about it was too "predictable" for me, like a pair of penny loafers. I like a little more pizazz in my bags but still subdued.

If you like Stone Mountain, just go for it. You could always embellish it with charms, etc and it would make a noticeable difference. A similar but more fashion edged bag for a 22yo like yourself might be a B. Makowsky bag... his leathers might actually be a bit thicker.

No offense taken, and I'm an old lady :P

To be honest, my 70yo mother has a Stone Mountain crossbody. The bags are lush feeling, I am not sure if its genuine leather but if not, it's pretty darn close. They are also practical bags.

The one thing I noticed about the Stone Mountain bag is that it's got a slightly conservative vibe to it. I'd equate it to the Derek Alexander bags, Ellington bags. I had initially bought if for myself for the material but gave it to my mother. Just something about it was too "predictable" for me, like a pair of penny loafers. I like a little more pizazz in my bags but still subdued.

If you like Stone Mountain, just go for it. You could always embellish it with charms, etc and it would make a noticeable difference. A similar but more fashion edged bag for a 22yo like yourself might be a B. Makowsky bag... his leathers might actually be a bit thicker.

well thank you, and I believe I could style it in a way that wouldn't make me look too conservative ( although I don't mean that in the " I love wearing dresses with boobs out everywhere" way) I just mean so it doesn't look like I'm carrying my grandmothers bag. I like it and I think it will be fine.... hopefully.

I have also heard stone mountain bags have really good leather. I have read numerous places that it's genuine leather.

I have also heard stone mountain bags have really good leather. I have read numerous places that it's genuine leather.

If I didn't already have so many bags, I might have kept it. The lining felt silky to the touch. My mother loves her bag, keeps telling me she "hugs it " every day, the leather feels *that* good :biggrin:

When I saw the title of your thread, I expected to see a bag similar to a Chanel flap or a top-handle bag like a Kelly, something that could be seen as conservative, but this seems like a pretty basic hobo. I wouldn't look at it and attach any age group or particular style to it. If you like it, get it!

Ditto.

I also wasn't expecting to see a hobo. It's not old lady to me. They tend not to wear bags on shoulders as it hurts their back. Though my understanding of an old lady is like 70 years old lady. Not 35 years old lady.

Last edited:
Ditto.

I also wasn't expecting to see a hobo. It's not old lady to me. They tend not to wear bags on shoulders as it hurts their bag. Though my understanding of an old lady is like 70 years old lady. Not 35 years old lady.

yes, that is my version, too!

hahaha!! "hugging it"

and I hope after wear it's pretty. But it's a pretty pricey bag usually, but its a good deal