will fendi monogram a 2jours tag not bought from them or NM or Saks?

kittykelly

Jan 31, 2008
Appologize if this has been discussed, i ordered a 2jours from neiman marcus about a week ago (naturally paying full retail and sales tax - which in DC is 8.5%!) Neimans sent the tag to ny fendi to be monogramed. i couldnt help noticing however that Rue La La, luisviaroma, and Belle and Clive have all had the medium 2jours for around 1900 which would be about a $400 - $500 saving. Id realy like to purchase a second one (i bought a black one already) but id love a tan or a cream - but does anyone know if fendi will monogram it? Ive even seems a couple on ebay - i just dont know how it would get monogramed since Neiman marcus took the responsability of sending it out for monograming - after 2 peekaboos and a 2jours - $500 adds up! anyone have any knowledge on this topic?

It's a great question! I have the issue that I live in Australia and although I bought the bag at full retail, there is no stand alone Fendi store, in Australia, hence - no monogramming available! I'm thinking that they should definitely offer this service if they are selling the bag....there must be other countries where Fendi does not have stand alone stores and where bags can't get monogrammed, and where this issue would be overcome...I actually am not sure I think it's ok to charge retail for it and then not offer the service....?

hi elizabel
my understanding is if you call fendi in nyc and send them your tag (following their instructions of course) and provide a copy of your reciept showing that you purchased it, the price, and that it was from a reputable store - they will monogram it for you - however - you might try a closer fendi in the country closest to you to see if they would also monogram it for you - maybee in asia somewhere - i was told as long as you have your reciept it will get monogramed.

that said, im wondering if a bag purchased on ebay or rue la la or belle in clive could be monogramed - that i dont know - theoretically if all real bags have the new Radio Frequency Technology than fendi should easily be able to tell the bag is real and monogram it - but that i just dont know - does anyone have any info on this topic - anyone buy a 2jours at RLL and have it monogramed?

Appologize if this has been discussed, i ordered a 2jours from neiman marcus about a week ago (naturally paying full retail and sales tax - which in DC is 8.5%!) Neimans sent the tag to ny fendi to be monogramed. i couldnt help noticing however that Rue La La, luisviaroma, and Belle and Clive have all had the medium 2jours for around 1900 which would be about a $400 - $500 saving. Id realy like to purchase a second one (i bought a black one already) but id love a tan or a cream - but does anyone know if fendi will monogram it? Ive even seems a couple on ebay - i just dont know how it would get monogramed since Neiman marcus took the responsability of sending it out for monograming - after 2 peekaboos and a 2jours - $500 adds up! anyone have any knowledge on this topic?

When I took my bag in they Didn't ask me for a receipt (I took it to NY but bought it in Chicago) I'm not sure if its because my info may have been in their system when I filled out the paperwork for my monogram)

Hi ladies,
I was in NY this wknd and took my 2Jours for monogramming at the Fendi boutique on 5th Ave. I explained that I bought my bag through farfetch and they monogrammed it on the spot (10 min) without any questions or a receipt, etc. :biggrin:

Hi, I just purchased a Fendi 2jours tote in black. I feel totally dumb but one side of the shoulder strap is attached and the other isn't. I can't figure out the side of the shoulder strap attaches to the gold link so that I can use the strap! I don't want to mess with the strap too much just in case there is a link missing and/or I need to take it back to Saks, but can someone advise? Thanks! :smile:

Hey guys! I was gonna buy my 2Jours from Luisaviaroma, but the Fendi boutique in London told me that they wouldn't be able to initial the tag for me and that whichever boutique it was purchased from, is where it would be monogrammed. I was quite disappointed because it is considerably cheaper to purchase from Luisaviaroma. Not sure what to do, was hoping you guys could help! Thanks.

I also live in Australia. I did ask about the tag stamping in the David Jones in Sydney and the SA pointed out that you can get that done down the street somewhere as Fendi Australia doesn't offer it

Yes girls...if Fendi refused to do it, send to out to some stores that does stamping on leather. Doesnt make too big of a difference when theres a saving of USD400!!!!

What? $400 I thought it was complimentary!!!!! Not even LV charges for this

No no...its just that you can save alot more if you buy from any other place other than Fendi...just that you don't get engraving service.
For eg: I can find the pony hair version for RM5K in my country as compared to RM9K in the Fendi stores. Thats 4K of savings...which is around 1K plus in USD!!!!!!

No no...its just that you can save alot more if you buy from any other place other than Fendi...just that you don't get engraving service.
For eg: I can find the pony hair version for RM5K in my country as compared to RM9K in the Fendi stores. Thats 4K of savings...which is around 1K plus in USD!!!!!!

Ohhhh I see what you mean! It's strange how you can get this bag cheaper elsewhere yet the Fendi Store in Australia is sold out of most colors!
That's a great saving though!