HOUSE OF CARDS - Netflix Original Series

Just watched episode 1 and it was refreshing. Its a confident, intelligent and dare I say sexy (power is sexy) drama without gimmicks.

Once the ending credits scrolled, I immediately thought "This is what Political Animals should have been" However, that show didn't have the luxury of being on Netflix, so sad its gone (maybe someone can pick it up?)

Anyway, what did you think about it, OP? And how far have you gotten into the series? I think I'll watch everything else as soon as I can.

Just finished episode 2 and the Senator's wife is serving some good bag game. I have spotted a Mulberry and a YSL Muse. :giggles:

Last edited:
Just watched episode 1 and it was refreshing. Its a confident, intelligent and dare I say sexy (power is sexy) drama without gimmicks.

Once the ending credits scrolled, I immediately thought "This is what Political Animals should have been" However, that show didn't have the luxury of being on Netflix, so sad its gone (maybe someone can pick it up?)

Anyway, what did you think about it, OP? And how far have you gotten into the series? I think I'll watch everything else as soon as I can.

I just finished episode 5 last night. Hubby and I are very much obsessed with this show. Since you just started, I don't want to give anything away yet;) But I will say that when the show started, I was sort of rooting for a team (don't want to give away story line by naming the characters) but now I'm not so sure....things get dark very quickly
Just finished episode 2 and the Senator's wife is serving some good bag game. I have spotted a Mulberry and a YSL Muse. :giggles:

LOL, I saw them and said the same thing to hubby and he looked at me and said, "you know dear, we're not watching this show for the handbags."

I crammed all 13 eps in 4 days. :biggrin: I was sick and didn't have anything better or interesting to watch so I'm glad it had premiered right before I got sick. I actually came in sub-forum to see if someone started a thread on the show. :biggrin:

All in all, really great show. I'm not sure how many people are going to agree with me, but I really like the relationship between Francis and Claire(I love that she's the only one who calls him Francis). It's not ordinary, but the level of trust and understanding these two have is really something.

I just finished episode 5 last night. Hubby and I are very much obsessed with this show. Since you just started, I don't want to give anything away yet;) But I will say that when the show started, I was sort of rooting for a team (don't want to give away story line by naming the characters) but now I'm not so sure....things get dark very quickly

LOL, I saw them and said the same thing to hubby and he looked at me and said, "you know dear, we're not watching this show for the handbags."

hahaha...well, I am! No more luxe bags spotted though. I did see the senator's wife in CLs but didn't notice anything else.

About to start episode 6 right now.

I crammed all 13 eps in 4 days. :biggrin: I was sick and didn't have anything better or interesting to watch so I'm glad it had premiered right before I got sick. I actually came in sub-forum to see if someone started a thread on the show. :biggrin:

All in all, really great show. I'm not sure how many people are going to agree with me, but I really like the relationship between Francis and Claire(I love that she's the only one who calls him Francis). It's not ordinary, but the level of trust and understanding these two have is really something.

Oops, hope you are feeling better.

The relationship between those 2 is not unique. There is great love and respect in the relationship, its just not what most of us hold up as an ideal. Truth is, these sorts of relationships work for many more than we would care to imagine.

Off to continue watching. I'm kind of worried that if I watch the whole thing as quickly as I am, it'll end and leave me wanting more. Wonder if there'll be a season 2 :thinking:

Hope you are feeling better! I agree, those two understand each other, i mean REALLY understand each other the good and the bad.

Oops, hope you are feeling better.

The relationship between those 2 is not unique. There is great love and respect in the relationship, its just not what most of us hold up as an ideal. Truth is, these sorts of relationships work for many more than we would care to imagine.

Off to continue watching. I'm kind of worried that if I watch the whole thing as quickly as I am, it'll end and leave me wanting more. Wonder if there'll be a season 2 :thinking:

You are going to beat me to it;) we skipped watching last night by the time work is done it was already 1am will have to catch up tonight. There will definitely be a 2nd season. The first seasons budget was 100million they had to succeed.

Hope you are feeling better! I agree, those two understand each other, i mean REALLY understand each other the good and the bad.

You are going to beat me to it;) we skipped watching last night by the time work is done it was already 1am will have to catch up tonight. There will definitely be a 2nd season. The first seasons budget was 100million they had to succeed.

:woohoo:!!!!

Okay, anyone wanna talk about episode 6? I'm not done yet, but I need someone to help me out. When Claire told Steve, "You told me your truth and now you know mine" was she saying what I thought she was saying? Gonna have to watch that scene again....

Oh, and at the rate I'm going, I'll be done tomorrow heehee...

:woohoo:!!!!

Okay, anyone wanna talk about episode 6? I'm not done yet, but I need someone to help me out. When Claire told Steve, "You told me your truth and now you know mine" was she saying what I thought she was saying? Gonna have to watch that scene again....

Oh, and at the rate I'm going, I'll be done tomorrow heehee...

I'm caught up to episode 6!!!

I interpreted it as Claire telling to Steve (as she was doing what she was doing) that she was not the angelic innocent being, the for world peace type environmental activist that evil power hungry Frank didn't deserve to have, that in fact she was the perfect female counterpart to Francis and that she can do certain things without even batting an eye or worry about morals. I sort of knew Steve was going to declare his feelings, but boy, I certainly did NOT see what Claire did coming.

Ah...I wish there are more people interested in this show, so spectacular!

I'm caught up to episode 6!!!

I interpreted it as Claire telling to Steve (as she was doing what she was doing) that she was not the angelic innocent being, the for world peace type environmental activist that evil power hungry Frank didn't deserve to have, that in fact she was the perfect female counterpart to Francis and that she can do certain things without even batting an eye or worry about morals. I sort of knew Steve was going to declare his feelings, but boy, I certainly did NOT see what Claire did coming.

Ah...I wish there are more people interested in this show, so spectacular!

It would be nice if others liked the show, but for now, I enjoy being one of a few that gets to chat about it on tpf :P

How did you see the Steve revelation? I had no idea that was coming? And here I thought I was paying attention.

It would be nice if others liked the show, but for now, I enjoy being one of a few that gets to chat about it on tpf :P

How did you see the Steve revelation? I had no idea that was coming? And here I thought I was paying attention.

It was either going to be that or that Steve was going to tell her ALL about Frank's indiscretions, but then when Claire asked about his wife and she's not there I just had a light bulb moment and said to hubby, "he's in love with her isn't he???":biggrin:

Either way, it would still review that Claire's knows who she married...because of that short conversation she had with Frank the morning after he started his thing with Zoe. I wasn't sure if Claire KNEW knew about what Frank did the night before, that perhaps it WAS work, as supposed to that they had an understanding of allowable indiscretions as long as it's career-beneficial, but after that scene with Steve, I had no doubt Claire knew the nature of Frank & Zoe's relationship.