The best purse to resell?

vhsethan

O.G.
Jul 18, 2007
I have three 40% off coupons and have reached my limit with personal collections. I'd like to use one of the 40% coupons to buy a purse and resell on eBay. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Do you get those sent to u in the mail? I've only ever received 25%.

You receive the 40% from coach when they are unable to repair a defective item, if you choose to keep the defective item you get the discount letter towards a new purse ......or I believe you have the option to turn in the purse and get full credit for a new item.

I have three 40% off coupons and have reached my limit with personal collections. I'd like to use one of the 40% coupons to buy a purse and resell on eBay. Does anyone have any suggestions?

That's a tough question. My suggestion would be to stay away from the spendier bags like Carolines and Carries. I don't think those will sell real well because of the price. Other than that, I think anything else in the lower price points would probably be ok.

You get more bang for your buck for more expensive purses but then they are harder to sell and you run the risk of getting a buyer who will try to cheat you. I don't know that you would make much of a profit unless you could sell it close to retail. The things that get the highest prices on ebay are usually rare or new, so there aren't other sellers competing with you.

Your fees will run close to 15% and savvy buyers won't go higher than 75% of retail (especially those of us who get PCEs), so do the math to see if it is even a viable idea. Say you buy a $300 item. You get it for 40%, so you pay $180 plus sales tax. If your sales tax is 10%, you are going to pay $198 for the item. 75% for the item would be $225. If you list it on ebay for $225 fixed price, you will be charged 50 cents for the listing plus final value fees of $19. Paypal fees will be around $6.83. Your net profit after fees is 67 cents.

If you find something that is rare and nearly sold out, then you could charge near retail and you might make a decent profit.

You get more bang for your buck for more expensive purses but then they are harder to sell and you run the risk of getting a buyer who will try to cheat you. I don't know that you would make much of a profit unless you could sell it close to retail. The things that get the highest prices on ebay are usually rare or new, so there aren't other sellers competing with you.

Your fees will run close to 15% and savvy buyers won't go higher than 75% of retail (especially those of us who get PCEs), so do the math to see if it is even a viable idea. Say you buy a $300 item. You get it for 40%, so you pay $180 plus sales tax. If your sales tax is 10%, you are going to pay $198 for the item. 75% for the item would be $225. If you list it on ebay for $225 fixed price, you will be charged 50 cents for the listing plus final value fees of $19. Paypal fees will be around $6.83. Your net profit after fees is 67 cents.

If you find something that is rare and nearly sold out, then you could charge near retail and you might make a decent profit.

Nice explanation Whateve!!! :tup:

Vhsethan - do these expire? Maybe you would be better off just keeping until you find something you want.

How on earth does one end up with THREE 40% off letters?

I've only had to have one repair EVER - and it was repaired. For which I was glad but I wouldn't have sneezed at a 40% discount either!

???????

How on earth does one end up with THREE 40% off letters?

I've only had to have one repair EVER - and it was repaired. For which I was glad but I wouldn't have sneezed at a 40% discount either!

???????

Some find old bags at thrift store then turn in for letters. I don't do that but heard that recently. I personally think its taking advantage

Ot but this is a great explanation of ebay fixed price selling! It always confused me as to how it works. Lol, now i know ebay isnt worth it if i want to make a profit or even just barely make even.

Some find old bags at thrift store then turn in for letters. I don't do that but heard that recently. I personally think its taking advantage

I have recently seen on eBay auctions where ppl are selling broken purses and actually state in the descriptions that you can return the item to coach to get a 49% letter towards a new purse .

I have recently seen on eBay auctions where ppl are selling broken purses and actually state in the descriptions that you can return the item to coach to get a 49% letter towards a new purse .

Wow, seriously?! That is just wrong on so many levels. I definitely don't agree with that at all. It's one thing if you genuinely have an issue with one of your own bags, but selling a messed-up bag to someone so they can get a credit letter seems awfully close to stealing to me.

Wow, seriously?! That is just wrong on so many levels. I definitely don't agree with that at all. It's one thing if you genuinely have an issue with one of your own bags, but selling a messed-up bag to someone so they can get a credit letter seems awfully close to stealing to me.

Totally agree with you ...and of course there is no way of knowing if coach will send off for repair or say its wear and tear and not offer a fix or discount, so potentially the buyer may end up with a crappy purse and nothing else...the only person guaranteed to come out on top is the seller....and you have to wonder why they don't get it repaired or replaced for themselves .

Totally agree with you ...and of course there is no way of knowing if coach will send off for repair or say its wear and tear and not offer a fix or discount, so potentially the buyer may end up with a crappy purse and nothing else...the only person guaranteed to come out on top is the seller....and you have to wonder why they don't get it repaired or replaced for themselves .

That's true; the seller is guaranteed to come out on top...but the buyer is definitely taking a chance, because you really don't ever know what Coach will or won't offer credit for. It's pretty crappy that sellers are doing that now regardless, ugh.

Another option would be to buy a fabulous bag and hold on to it NWT for 2-3 years. I've bought a few great bags, NWT and paid near full price for them because they were not available any other way. My teal Lindsay was one and my saddle Peyton is another. I don't care to buy used, and I'm sure there are others who feel the same way, so will spend a little more for NWT.