Seller relisted item

NurseKelly

Nov 3, 2011
Hey guys. So last night I put in a best offer on a purse, and it was automatically accepted. I got busy and didn't end up paying for it right away, but the auction said that you have 24 hours to pay. The seller apparently sent me a message last night and it said that if I paid for the item last night, she would ship it out today. Well I got on to pay for the item this morning, and the seller had relisted the item. I paid for the auction I had won, and then sent the seller a message asking why the item had been relisted. She said that I did not respond to her message, and she thought I was not a serious buyer, so she relisted the item, but that she would end the auction now. I checked and she ended the auction, but I'm a little leary of her now. It was less than 24 hours (more like 12 hours) between the time the auction ended and the time I paid. I don't get why you would relist the auction after less than a day and one message attempt?

Your seller sound so desperate for money. I know what you mean, I don't get it why she re- list it and not even wait for your response for item sold less than 24 hours.

Ebay gives you 4 days to pay. It's unfair and poor practice for a seller to expect payment instantly (except in IPR BIN listings -- instant payment required buy it now).

Add to the above the fact that the listing was on a weekend, the Super Bowl was on and many watched that and the additional complications of time zone differences in different parts of the country or the world, the seller was too hasty in her conclusion that you "weren't a serious buyer."

Since she ended the listing and will complete the transaction with you, I'd suggest going for it. It's probably fine and my guess is that she's not an experienced seller.

I think your seller was over zealous no doubt & may not be an experienced
seller.

Since you have paid for the item & the seller is shipping, looks like everything
is in order, now.

Enjoy your bag...

I think your seller was over zealous no doubt & may not be an experienced
seller.

Since you have paid for the item & the seller is shipping, looks like everything
is in order, now.

Enjoy your bag...

Thanks everyone! I'm really hoping it ships, but it helps to hear that most of you think she was just overzealous. Thanks for your help :tpfrox:

Not only that but I see a lot of posts about non paying bidders...which I have also experienced and its very aggravating. Could be she thought you were not actually going to pay, but as she ended her listing and is honoring your bid, sounds like she is a decent seller.

Hey guys. So last night I put in a best offer on a purse, and it was automatically accepted. I got busy and didn't end up paying for it right away, but the auction said that you have 24 hours to pay. The seller apparently sent me a message last night and it said that if I paid for the item last night, she would ship it out today. Well I got on to pay for the item this morning, and the seller had relisted the item. I paid for the auction I had won, and then sent the seller a message asking why the item had been relisted. She said that I did not respond to her message, and she thought I was not a serious buyer, so she relisted the item, but that she would end the auction now. I checked and she ended the auction, but I'm a little leary of her now. It was less than 24 hours (more like 12 hours) between the time the auction ended and the time I paid. I don't get why you would relist the auction after less than a day and one message attempt?
This same situation happens to me once, I just contact Ebay and they contact the seller.