Help me to decide my first Birkin, 40cm?

I think the 40 is suited for men i think, because of the size and the weight.. some celebrities carry it.. some can pull it off, some just looks too trying hard.. but if you're tall and can handle a heavy bag, (i mean if you're used to 35 Birkins and can handle that weight), then go try it out and see for yourself.. no harm in trying right?

i think a B40 can look wonderful with the right purpose. like, for travel, or if you have lots of papers to carry for work or school? but if it will only hold your cell phone, wallet, checkbook and not much else it probably wouldn't make sense. good luck!

I have a 40 in black Togo I use for work/travel workhorse. I was just looking at some old photos yesterday of a holiday where I took it as my walking-around bag too, and I was surprised it didn't look too too big, actually. I am almost 5'6" and was wearing flats...
But it is a bit heavy... Normally I prefer 35 for daily running around type tote.

Last edited:
Ok, I took her home with me. DH kept on saying it is a unique color and looks great on me. SA also said its a great neutral color to start with. I agree the blue is muted and should go with a lot if outfits. I don't think this is the same blue tempte that I saw on PF. She said its a new color called blue tempee. Anybody heard of it? Where can I see the official name of the color and leather?

It is indeed HEAVY! SA said all of their bags are heavy! Not sure if this is the feeling for every first time purchaser, but I don't feel overly excited. More or so like I got my first Birkin!

What do you ladies think?

image-491980223.jpg

Ok, I took her home with me. DH kept on saying it is a unique color and looks great on me. SA also said its a great neutral color to start with. I agree the blue is muted and should go with a lot if outfits. I don't think this is the same blue tempte that I saw on PF. She said its a new color called blue tempee. Anybody heard of it? Where can I see the official name of the color and leather?

It is indeed HEAVY! SA said all of their bags are heavy! Not sure if this is the feeling for every first time purchaser, but I don't feel overly excited. More or so like I got my first Birkin!

Hmmmm never seen this color. Looks similar to blue orage but not. I think it's BEAUTIFUL though. Congrats! But I'm wondering if you're not feeling overly excited then this may not be the bag for u? Whenever I'm shopping I always know if something is "the one" because I get wide eyed & have heart palpitations. Lol.

View attachment 2049146

Congrats! She is beautiful. You aren't excited about her?

If you're not excited, take it back at once. It doesn't matter a fig if DH, SA - the entire world - loves it: it is YOUR bag and you clearly are not in love.