Legacy Penny In Cognac Brown

ruthie_1

May 12, 2011
Hi there!

I'm new to this Coach forum... Have participated in other designers threads...

I was on a strict shopping ban as part of my New Years resolution... And I made the terrible mistake of browsing with my sister yesterday... And came home with the Penny bag!!!

I can't seem to find a thread on this particular bag... So I guess it's not as popular as the other styles... Any of you have the same bag in the same colour? What are thoughts? Any modelling pics?

Worth keeping?

This is my first coach purchase which didn't take much persuading! The price is very reasonable compared to other designers!

I've always wanted a vintage coach in the same style ...

Have any of you seen this bag in the outlets? Does it ever go on sale?

I'm from London UK... And the coach outlet is miles away!

Hi there!

I'm new to this Coach forum... Have participated in other designers threads...

I was on a strict shopping ban as part of my New Years resolution... And I made the terrible mistake of browsing with my sister yesterday... And came home with the Penny bag!!!

I can't seem to find a thread on this particular bag... So I guess it's not as popular as the other styles... Any of you have the same bag in the same colour? What are thoughts? Any modelling pics?

Worth keeping?

This is my first coach purchase which didn't take much persuading! The price is very reasonable compared to other designers!

I've always wanted a vintage coach in the same style ...

Have any of you seen this bag in the outlets? Does it ever go on sale?

I'm from London UK... And the coach outlet is miles away!

Hello! :smile:

I live in Scotland and I bought the Penny in Cognac while I was in London over the weekend.

I just love her!! It has a very vintage look in this colour and it is very light. I don't think this particular colour goes on sale because it's a classic, but I would assume that other colours like the Sunflower or Mint would probably go.

I haven't really been to the Bicester outlet, where there is a Coach store, but London has quite a few Coach stores. There's a huge one in Regent Street, there's one in Bond Street, one at the Westfield shopping mall and one at Harrods.

Penny is a quite popular bag. Certainly not as popular as the Duffle, but still popular. If you go at the Legacy Collection reveals thread you'll see many Pennys in eye popping colours.

It's not clear enough from your post, have you already bought her and contemplating whether to keep her or are you considering buying it?

Hello! :smile:

I live in Scotland and I bought the Penny in Cognac while I was in London over the weekend.

I just love her!! It has a very vintage look in this colour and it is very light. I don't think this particular colour goes on sale because it's a classic, but I would assume that other colours like the Sunflower or Mint would probably go.

I haven't really been to the Bicester outlet, where there is a Coach store, but London has quite a few Coach stores. There's a huge one in Regent Street, there's one in Bond Street, one at the Westfield shopping mall and one at Harrods.

Penny is a quite popular bag. Certainly not as popular as the Duffle, but still popular. If you go at the Legacy Collection reveals thread you'll see many Pennys in eye popping colours.

It's not clear enough from your post, have you already bought her and contemplating whether to keep her or are you considering buying it?

Thank you so much for your input!
I bought the bag already in Westfield yesterday. Did they have much stock in the London sture you went to?

I think I may keep it as its not that expensive... And like you said, it does have a very vintage look to it!

I think Penny is definitely a popular bag. You'll see multiples of it in the Legacy 2012 thread but if you're on a ban, I'd suggest you stay away from that! :P

I love the look but I can't live without my wallet and other things I bring with me so I tend to get larger bags. Congrats on your Penny!

Thank you so much for your input!
I bought the bag already in Westfield yesterday. Did they have much stock in the London sture you went to?

I think I may keep it as its not that expensive... And like you said, it does have a very vintage look to it!

I bought mine from the Harrods shop. It's very small and doesn't have much stock compared to the one in Regent Street. The Regent Street one is quite large and they have many bags and accessories that are not on display so the chances are that if you're looking for something specific that is not on display and you ask them, they'll probably have it! I know because I went to the store when I was looking for a work bag and they just showed me tons of bags from the Legacy collection that they had in storage. Plus, I think their staff are the friendliest staff I've ever come across at any designer store. ;)

I've also been to Westfield and I think it's a bit smaller than the one in Regent. I've never been to the one in Bond Street, but because it is in Bond Street and probably the first Coach store to open in London, I assume it will also be a large one!

I bought this as a gift for DD's kung fu tutor. She's a young lady in high school, and now uses the cognac Penny as her everyday bag. She carries it crossbody, and I've seen her out and about with it, just being a normal teenage girl.

If it can hold what you need it to hold, then it's a very handy, attractive, classic bag. It also doesn't scream Coach, nor does the color scream 'loud'. :smile: