Super LIMITED EDITION for Chinese NY (Feb 10)

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
O.G.
Dec 22, 2010
Just got word from my dearest SA, Marie at the Bal store in City Center (Vegas) that Balenciaga is releasing an insanely LIMITED EDITION COLLECTION FOR CHINESE NEW YEAR.

Black and Cranberry City, Part Time, Envelope Clutch

A total of 55 pieces will be available in the ENTIRE U.S.
The collection is retail exclusive, meaning ONLY sold through the boutiques.

The collection's colors are black and beautiful deep cranberry.
The styles are City, Part Time, and Envelope Clutch.
The hardware will be hammered/textured shiny silver hardware.
Hardware style will be in the classic style (with tassels).
Hardware will NOT be giant (G12).
The leather is "nappa"...guessing that it will be smoother texture but the announcement says it will be soft.

Here is the announcement with the swatches and details.
The cranberry looks like a deep rich beautiful and very wearable red.
Which Bal red does cranberry most closely resemble? Any guesses?

8442721459_d7797a6009_b.jpg

Oh, thanks for letting us know, cranberry sounds very interesting.

Wow. Wish we could blow up photos. I'd love to see a bigger photo of the hardware.

Interesting. Wish to know more about the hardwares

interesting! the cranberry should be gorgeous! I kinda miss how they did the holiday collection with the same stud colour as the leather

Interesting! Wish we could see the hw better. I'm curious about everything here really - the hw, leather and the Cranberry color.

Thanks for sharing:smile:

the red looks pretty!!

i wish there was gold hardware though :Push:
and ironic cos gold is more a CNY kinda color!

I'm super curious as to the cranberry's true color too. The textured silver hardware sounds very cool...shiny AND hammered! Wow!

I wish they had better pictures too, but this is literally all she got from Bal. She didn't even get swatches, just the email notice.

I'm expecting the leather to still be agneau. I looked up "nappa" and it can be kidskin, lambskin, or sheepskin. Just refers to the technique/process I believe.

Here is a shot of cranberries....YUM! Beautiful!
8445224282_c51e59f151.jpg

Nappa leather is typically insanely soft. It can be delicate, but I'm curious what these bals will be like. They sound heavenly, and even this photo looks so much softer and more smooshy than their typical stock photos!

I'm hoping cranberry resembles 03 red! The leather is the thing that has me hesitating.

I was thinking that too. Do you think nappa would somewhat resemble the smooth oldies leather? The old chevre really wasn't wrinkled like the distressed agneau. An oldie-ish color and oldies-ish leather...WOW! That would be sweet!