Does anyone think that MK will ever get up there with LV?

pandorabox

"She was wearing all Chanel."
O.G.
May 2, 2011
I notice they are doing more core pieces that will become their "classic" line. I then started to wonder if any of MK Grayson's might eventually get up there is status or price tag as LV? Any thoughts?

I'm inclined to say no. MK has a higher end line which doesn't seem to be very popular I almost never see anyone carrying them. Bags like the Grayson are from the Michael Michael kors line which are his lower end line. I see the MMK bags everyday they are very popular. I feel like his lower end line is so popular for two reasons; classic styles that aren't super trendy that you'll get sick of them after a year and because of the price point they are much more obtainable than LV is for most. If they raise the prices to LV prices I'm sure they will loose their core customer base. While we here at TPF are bag junkies most people wouldn't even consider spending hundreds of dollars on a single handbag, let alone buying multiple bags at that price point.

I'd have to say No as well. I've seen the large Blake in store and loved it but I'm not paying $1200 for it, maybe if it goes on sale. On the other hand I love the Large Selma and I'm 99% sure I'm buying it. I think the price is good now but if Macy's is going to carry it then I will wait to get a discount on it :biggrin:

MK strategy reminds me exactly of Coach. Coach has a few higher end bags such as the Caroline that are popular with a select audience. Most of the Coach and MK audience is willing and/or able to spend $500 or less...usually less...and I see MK bags often at TJMaxx...Coach on occasion. Both have their own factory stores. LV is popular with many but ALL their bags are high end and not everywhere so not as easy obtained either. So no, I don't think MK will ever be up there in status with LV.

All excellent points. This is true. I just went to the outlets last week and walked into a burberry outlet as well. They only get in the previous season or two but nothing is MFF there and for Coach and MK they do have a good deal of MFF bags there. At Coach most of their items are MFF and MK has about half and half. I generally prefer the boutique items myself. I like going so I can find the stuff they have already shipped off out of the FP store. LV never has outlets or sales. Boutique sales are also different from outlets. That too bad. I guess his core line will be the equal to the Coach classic line.

I notice they are doing more core pieces that will become their "classic" line. I then started to wonder if any of MK Grayson's might eventually get up there is status or price tag as LV? Any thoughts?

I really feel that Mk will never reach the high end stats that LV has. MK is made very cheap but sold way to high in price. He just wants to make money but they have a long way before they become a legendary handbag.

I really feel that Mk will never reach the high end stats that LV has. MK is made very cheap but sold way to high in price. He just wants to make money but they have a long way before they become a legendary handbag.

I agree that MK will never reach the status of LV...but I do not agree that they are made "very cheap." I own several Kors bags and they are outstanding quality.

I don't think MK will ever be high end like LV, but i don't think MK is made cheap. I have a LV that started coming apart on the piping within 2 years. I also have a burberry that the handles are coming apart. For how much these bags cost, i would expect much much higher quality. So far I'm very happy with my MK bags.

The answer to the question is NO.

But personally I think LV is over-rated...for bags at that price,consumers aren't getting a higher quality that's expected.

MK bags on the other hand, affordable and quality is fine, if it broke in 2 yrs or so, it doesn't really matter as you aren't paying a higher price like a LV bag.