Alison tote

NeonLights

Mar 15, 2010
Hi..

Super new to the Chloe forum - though have collected a few already..:biggrin:

Looking for pics or thoughts on the Alison tote?

I've yet to see one floating around here in Australia so would have to buy it online. So any thoughts on leather / size etc would be welcomed.

I saw the Alison at the Chloe boutique yesterday and I didn't love it. It was just a little too plain in my opinion. I wish they had done something to the exterior to make it a little more special. The leather is the same leather they used on the Alice, which is a great leather, and I understand it grows a little softer and slouchier with use. I also liked the size; it was the perfect large tote size. I also liked that it has a color blocking thing going without looking totally trendy. ( for the record, I love color blocking in bags but I know a lot of people think it's a trend.)

The Alison reminded me of a streamlined version of the Celine luggage and I guess i just prefer the luggage.

I don't mean to offend anyone who loves the bag... I do think it would look amazing on a lot of people, especially with the right outfit! I just wasn't wowed by it the way I would need to be to buy it.

I saw the Alison at the Chloe boutique yesterday and I didn't love it. It was just a little too plain in my opinion. I wish they had done something to the exterior to make it a little more special. The leather is the same leather they used on the Alice, which is a great leather, and I understand it grows a little softer and slouchier with use. I also liked the size; it was the perfect large tote size. I also liked that it has a color blocking thing going without looking totally trendy. ( for the record, I love color blocking in bags but I know a lot of people think it's a trend.)

The Alison reminded me of a streamlined version of the Celine luggage and I guess i just prefer the luggage.

I don't mean to offend anyone who loves the bag... I do think it would look amazing on a lot of people, especially with the right outfit! I just wasn't wowed by it the way I would need to be to buy it.

Thanks for your thoughts - good to hear the leather is nice!

I can see the reference to the luggage, though i love my luggage its not a bag I can throw on my shoulder.. hence looking for a tote..

And the horizontal cabas gusset is looking like a BIG pipe dream :lol:

I think one of the department stores is due to get it in later this month so might hang out to then.

You are so right that the ease of being able to throw this over your shoulder is a big asset-- I had not even thought about that!

I was in Saks today and chatted with the SA about this bag. He said it has been extremely popular since it came in and that everyone who tried it on ended up loving it. He thinks it will become a big It bag for them. He seemed to like it much better than the Alice. I do agree that the size is perfect, unlike the Alice which doesn't really work for me in either size though I love the design of that bag!

I tried on the Alison today and I do think it looks much better on than just sitting on the shelf. I should have tried it on before reporting on it before! It is easy to carry on the shoulder btw, and I found it to be nice and lightweight.

You are so right that the ease of being able to throw this over your shoulder is a big asset-- I had not even thought about that!

I was in Saks today and chatted with the SA about this bag. He said it has been extremely popular since it came in and that everyone who tried it on ended up loving it. He thinks it will become a big It bag for them. He seemed to like it much better than the Alice. I do agree that the size is perfect, unlike the Alice which doesn't really work for me in either size though I love the design of that bag!

I tried on the Alison today and I do think it looks much better on than just sitting on the shelf. I should have tried it on before reporting on it before! It is easy to carry on the shoulder btw, and I found it to be nice and lightweight.

Sounds like a winner - will keep my eyes peeled at local department store for its arrival.

Hello all,

Let me start off by saying that I know nothing about bags, but I was looking at a site called lane crawford for a bag for my wife, and I saw the Chloe small Alison leather tote on this site and thought it would be a good size for her, but the dimensions listed (48 centimeters long (19 inches) listed seem much bigger than the bag looks in the picture. I am pretty clueless about these things but which is more correct, the size in the picture or the size of listed dimensions? Thank you in advance