Purse for Petrol Mini Taylor Satchel

Mayfly285

Sep 19, 2012
Hi ladies,

I've had some useful input from Moo and CP on this, but wonder whether anyone out there is carrying the Mini Taylor Satchel or has any ideas for a small bag? I've got the Mini Taylor Satchel in petrol and need (yes, need, PC Beaver!) a purse to fit inside her. I can't decide on either the colour or style. I need to fit in the usual stuff alongside said purse: smartphone, keys, small pouch etc.

All suggestions gratefully received!!

Small zip around? Or French purse?

I have a small Holly zip around in eggplant and its a great little purse. Fits 2 cards plus a little change and folded notes.

If you want something a bit bigger the French purse may fit the bill?

What about looking for a Congo purse like this one on eBay? Loads around so it's worth holding out for one in good condition.

Or alternatively a tiny zip around like guns suggested, for the essentials, and a little pouch for storecards that you only carry sometimes? The two together definitely take up less space than a large Mulberry purse.

These little Mulberry camera cases are great for carrying storecards and come up relatively often and quite cheaply on eBay (especially if you look in the camera section not in handbags & accessories!)

cameracases400_zpsa47061f7.jpg

I've been looking for the perfect purse to fit my smaller bags for the last 4-5 years and never found anything better than my old Radley. It's the same size as a french purse but has about 12 cards holders, the zip coin section is huge and it has a clear plastic card holder for my id/driving licence.

What about looking for a Congo purse like this one on eBay? Loads around so it's worth holding out for one in good condition.

Or alternatively a tiny zip around like guns suggested, for the essentials, and a little pouch for storecards that you only carry sometimes? The two together definitely take up less space than a large Mulberry purse.

These little Mulberry camera cases are great for carrying storecards and come up relatively often and quite cheaply on eBay (especially if you look in the camera section not in handbags & accessories!)

cameracases400_zpsa47061f7.jpg

Ooh - I like these, Plemont!! Lovely little items!! :biggrin:

I've been looking for the perfect purse to fit my smaller bags for the last 4-5 years and never found anything better than my old Radley. It's the same size as a french purse but has about 12 cards holders, the zip coin section is huge and it has a clear plastic card holder for my id/driving licence.

That's worth a look, riffraff! Thank you! Do they come in a range of colours? What do you have?

Actually just looked on M.com and saw "east west pouches" which might be a good idea? Slightly wider than regular pouches and with space for 3 cards.

Thanks guns - I've just had a look and they look really handy! Just enough space for cash and cards. I like the slate blue, but it might clash with the petrol Taylor; perhaps I need to buy the Lexy in slate!! :biggrin:

That's worth a look, riffraff! Thank you! Do they come in a range of colours? What do you have?

I bought it from a gorgeous leather shop in Oxford in 2004. This was pre my handbag obsession so didn't take any notice of the name. Radley do have a website and they also have a shop in BV.

Hi ladies,

I've had some useful input from Moo and CP on this, but wonder whether anyone out there is carrying the Mini Taylor Satchel or has any ideas for a small bag? I've got the Mini Taylor Satchel in petrol and need (yes, need, PC Beaver!) a purse to fit inside her. I can't decide on either the colour or style. I need to fit in the usual stuff alongside said purse: smartphone, keys, small pouch etc.

All suggestions gratefully received!!
:lolots: hee hee Mayfly. I'm useless when it comes to purses but hope you find the right one soon xx

When u finally decide which purse to go for post a pic of both so i can drool over the mini petrol Taylor whcih i should have bought from Peanut B.

I always try and go for a purse that is a different colour and leather now rather than matching it.
I have a main purse which is my plum l/l lizzie it goes with everything lol this may be a bit big for the Taylor.
Try a differnt brand. L/V, Gucci, Tiffany's,
I think the french purse would be just right for the Taylor as i have one in ostrich thats fits nicely in my Lily. This is imo the perfect purse for the smaller bag.

Have u seen any you like yet?

When u finally decide which purse to go for post a pic of both so i can drool over the mini petrol Taylor whcih i should have bought from Peanut B.

I always try and go for a purse that is a different colour and leather now rather than matching it.
I have a main purse which is my plum l/l lizzie it goes with everything lol this may be a bit big for the Taylor.
Try a differnt brand. L/V, Gucci, Tiffany's,
I think the french purse would be just right for the Taylor as i have one in ostrich thats fits nicely in my Lily. This is imo the perfect purse for the smaller bag.

Have u seen any you like yet?

Good idea, J.A.N., to get a contrasting purse - I really do fancy a petrol "something" but a neutral might be more serviceable!! I love the pear sorbet colour on M.com - there's a French purse and a larger, Eliza(?) purse that is beautiful!! Black might be more long-lasting, though ...! I'll keep you posted! Pity you didn't get your Taylor twin - I adore mine, even though she's so different from what I would normally buy! :smile: