Speaking of Duffles......Opinions On Size Please

tlo

O.G.
Apr 19, 2010
Hi Ladies,

I have been trying to figure out which size duffle I like better and honestly, I like them both!! I put on the regular size and think it's perfect. Then I put on the large and think it's perfect too. I know it's crazy!!

So I was wondering which size you prefer? Any of you have both? Pros? Cons?

TIA

The regular size is best for me. I don't carry enough to need the large and I like the way the regular looks better. The large will be heavier too. I don't see any reason to get the large unless you don't have enough room in the regular. It would be like reaching into a black hole to get your stuff out of the bottom of the bag.

The regular size is best for me. I don't carry enough to need the large and I like the way the regular looks better. The large will be heavier too. I don't see any reason to get the large unless you don't have enough room in the regular. It would be like reaching into a black hole to get your stuff out of the bottom of the bag.

Thanks whateve. I like that the large has a bit more slouch but reaching for my stuff is a concern. The reg. will carry my things with plenty of room.

Your opinion really helps.

Thanks whateve. I like that the large has a bit more slouch but reaching for my stuff is a concern. The reg. will carry my things with plenty of room.

Your opinion really helps.

You're welcome! I think you'll find that the regular will develop a nice slouch after it softens up.

I love the regular size. The large looked ok on my shoulder, but I thought it looked way too large on me (I'm 5'5", size 4) crossbody. It felt funny on me. And inside it looked like a deep dark hole when I put my stuff in it. I don't like to dig around & I knew I'd be doing that w/ the large size. I have a hard time filling the regular up, so I couldn't imagine what id put in the large to make it look right.

You're welcome! I think you'll find that the regular will develop a nice slouch after it softens up.

I have a reg black cherry that I really like. I think I need to carry her more. I really like her but I tend to changes bags a lot.

I have a co-worker that bought a large cognace. We both went to Coach on our lunch. LOL!

Her's has more slouch, so in the back of my mind, I've wondered if maybe I should have gotten the large.

But I do think you are right, it may be too big and have the dreaded black hole! LOL

I love the regular size. The large looked ok on my shoulder, but I thought it looked way too large on me (I'm 5'5", size 4) crossbody. It felt funny on me. And inside it looked like a deep dark hole when I put my stuff in it. I don't like to dig around & I knew I'd be doing that w/ the large size. I have a hard time filling the regular up, so I couldn't imagine what id put in the large to make it look right.

Thanks zaara! I am worried about it being a dark hole.

I'm 5'4'' and a curvy size 10. The large might hide more "junk in the trunk". :roflmfao:

I had the large and returned it. The regular size duffle is still really roomy and I find it to be the perfect size and weight for me. If you get one, you are probably going to want another. Pick one for now and choose the other size in a different color later. I think sometimes you don't know for sure until you bring it home. Or you could buy both and return one a little later.

I had the large and returned it. The regular size duffle is still really roomy and I find it to be the perfect size and weight for me. If you get one, you are probably going to want another. Pick one for now and choose the other size in a different color later. I think sometimes you don't know for sure until you bring it home. Or you could buy both and return one a little later.

Thanks!! I think I'm going to stick with the regular size. Besides, as addictive as these seem to be, it will save me money! LOL

I have the large textured leather duffle and love it! I keep all my stuff in pouches and haven't run into the black hole issue yet (the lighter color lining helps). I double the strap and love the slouch it gets. I'm 5'5" and size 10/12 and I think it works proportionately on me. HTH!

I have the large textured leather duffle and love it! I keep all my stuff in pouches and haven't run into the black hole issue yet (the lighter color lining helps). I double the strap and love the slouch it gets. I'm 5'5" and size 10/12 and I think it works proportionately on me. HTH!

Thanks eehlers!! I use wristlets/cases too. I tend to wear the strap single so it hangs low.

We are comparable in size, with you being a bit taller. This helps!!!

The large just looks better on me because I'm tall (5'9"). It falls at the right place when crossbody. The regular was just a bit short on me. I think everyone is different when it comes to duffle size. I think the regular size works great for most people. Have fun deciding! The duffle is a great bag.

I had the UV reg size and while it seemed huge, once I put my stuff in it, I didn't like it's look. I don't like seeing the outline of my stuff through the leather. I returned that one and just picked up a black large duffle tonight. I can already tell the size is way better for my stuff and honestly it looks practically the same size wise on me. I'm 5'5.5" (yes, that extra .5 matters) and about a 14-16. So I think the large size is definitely a better fit for me. Now to decide if the duffle is even for me. :smile:

Oh, and far as the black hole thing... I worried about that because the lining is black on this bag. But with my UV and fuchsia accessories, I can tell that wont be an issue.

Last edited:
Oh, and far as the black hole thin... I worried about that because the lining is black on this bag. But with my UV and fuchsia accessories, I can tell that wont be an issue.

I had my UV duffle stolen. I loved the color and I loved the bag. Now that it's gone. I actually tried a large duffle and that's what I'll replace it with. I'm 5'8 and a size 18 so the large is better looking. I'm perusing ebay for black or black cherry