Workplace Need some help!!! Interview Assignment!

gnourtmat

O.G.
Jan 5, 2008
Hello Ladies! I was luckily invited for a follow up interview as a Marketing Supervisor for a very popular fast-food chain corporation :biggrin: I was given a assignment prior to my follow up interview. As I sit here and brainstorm, I would like some of your ideas as well as feedback/comments...

First question,

1. What is the immediate FAST-FOOD CHAIN opportunity to earn market share within Washington D.C. or Baltimore?

The immediate fast-food chain opportunity to earn market share is brand recognition.​
I'm not really sure if i'm on the right path with this kind of answer... thoughts?..

2. Formulate a SWOT analysis and assess your observations

Strengths: demographic, diverse market,

Weaknesses: the number of competition, a lot of businesses nearby..

Opportunities: work with the home teams, (Redskins, Ravens, Nationals,Orioles).. etc

Threats: Competition
3. Develop a marketing plan specific to a a new location opening in Gainsville, VA. The plan should include strategies and tactics to deliver on bringing new customers, building frequency among exisiting customers and growing average check per visit

Here I was going to mention, mailing coupon books to the surrounding answers that has deals as well as announce the new location to the locals, also wanted to have a family night one day out of the week, where families can bring their youngsters, ...​

Last edited:
I'm not in Marketing, so can't really help.

SWOT means the company's Internal strengths, Internal weaknesses, external opportunities, external threats. I don't think competition falls under weaknesses.

I'm also not in marketing. I had a couple of thoughts about increasing new customers.

Facebook page - you can post weekly/monthly coupons. You could announce "Free [coffee/other item] day!", etc. I know Starbucks does that a lot, and it gets around a lot because of the freebies on a particular day

I like the idea with working with the location. Just a couple of thoughts to help you flush out the possibilities:

1. Work with local events. Such as - baseball kids games (offer to bring the food, etc); community gatherings; do a search for local events that are happening; etc.

2. Provide and allow for donations to school activities (such as when a school kid contacts the company asking for food donations for their school event). So maybe you can contact the schools and just tell them that you are available to work with them if they allow outside food to come in, etc.

3. If you are having an opening night: spread out the word to the other local companies, churches, nonprofits, etc. Also get all of these organizations involved.

thanks for your feedback ladies!

I'm also not in marketing. I had a couple of thoughts about increasing new customers.

Facebook page - you can post weekly/monthly coupons. You could announce "Free [coffee/other item] day!", etc. I know Starbucks does that a lot, and it gets around a lot because of the freebies on a particular day

I like the idea with working with the location. Just a couple of thoughts to help you flush out the possibilities:

1. Work with local events. Such as - baseball kids games (offer to bring the food, etc); community gatherings; do a search for local events that are happening; etc.

2. Provide and allow for donations to school activities (such as when a school kid contacts the company asking for food donations for their school event). So maybe you can contact the schools and just tell them that you are available to work with them if they allow outside food to come in, etc.

3. If you are having an opening night: spread out the word to the other local companies, churches, nonprofits, etc. Also get all of these organizations involved.

very good ideas! thank you!