Ebay Seller *madamjcar*

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikianderson

client difficile
O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
36 hours ago I won an item from this seller but I just cannot get a response from her. Initially I was questioning her ridiculous shipping quote (she has quoted all worldwide shipping @ the one US rate). She's in Germany & I'm in the UK. However, I have since discovered thru researching her on the *Authenticate This* thread, that in the past she was selling counterfeit Hermes scarves. :sad:

She has a good fb score but needless-to-say I am concerned. If you have any experience dealing with this seller, please share. TIA

36 hours ago I won an item from this seller but I just cannot get a response from her. Initially I was questioning her ridiculous shipping quote (she has quoted all worldwide shipping @ the one US rate). She's in Germany & I'm in the UK. However, I have since discovered thru researching her on the *Authenticate This* thread, that in the past she was selling counterfeit Hermes scarves. :sad:

She has a good fb score but needless-to-say I am concerned. If you have any experience dealing with this seller, please share. TIA

I dont have any experience with this seller but as far as shipping goes I pay the same amount wheter I ship to the UK or the US, and I am in Sweded. Just an FYI and that may apply to germany as well. I pay at least $45-60 when shipping but I do not charge as much as I pay.

Maybe by questioning her shipping you actually made her aware of a future sale with complications?

Good luck:smile:

Having been an Ebay buyer and seller for years, I have one rule for myself. Write my auctions carefully, and read other auctions very carefully and ask questions before I bid. I think once you have bid and won, even if the shipping cost is outrageous you agreed to it. By asking after the close of auction you are trying to change the terms. I see a lot of complaints on these forums from sellers about buyers trying to do exactly what you are doing. I suggest you read the auctions carefully, ask questions before you bid, and no matter how much you crave and covet the item, don't bid if you don't agree with something like the shipping cost. Hope this doesn't sound harsh, I don't mean to be.

Thanks for the warm & fuzzy responses girls :biggrin:

It does not cost £40 + to ship this small tem via regular post from Germany to Scotland, I know this for a fact. She stated in her listing that she ships worldwide, yet she only details a price for shipping to the US. I think it's perfectly acceptable to ask for an accurate shipping price as I am not in the US. It works both ways as often only domestic shipping prices are detailed in a listing & I am advised by the seller that shipping to the UK will obviously be more expensive. IMO if a seller is charging everyone the same outside rate, they are clearly ripping off a lot of their buyers.

I am more concerned about the fact that she has sold counterfeits in the past. Ebay are now dealing with the situation.

Thanks for the warm & fuzzy responses girls :biggrin:

It does not cost £40 + to ship this small tem via regular post from Germany to Scotland, I know this for a fact. She stated in her listing that she ships worldwide, yet she only details a price for shipping to the US. I think it's perfectly acceptable to ask for an accurate shipping price as I am not in the US. It works both ways as often only domestic shipping prices are detailed in a listing & I am advised by the seller that shipping to the UK will obviously be more expensive. IMO if a seller is charging everyone the same outside rate, they are clearly ripping off a lot of their buyers.

I am more concerned about the fact that she has sold counterfeits in the past. Ebay are now dealing with the situation.
Re the bolded, yes, it's reasonable to ask for an "accurate shipping price" or clarification of the price BEFORE the listing ends or before you BIN.

That said, if you look at the listing and click on where it says " See details " next to the shipping price, you'll find that the shipping price is the same to all the countries to which she ships, meaning that the price is probably correct.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-H...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And as for you're not being happy with the non-"warm and fuzzy" replies, sorry. Most posts aren't going to be happy when people disagree with them.

Sellers CAN charge more than the actual cost, for packaging, handling etc., and to make a little extra money. I used to sell shipping systems, and believe me, shipping is a profit center for many companies. Once again, I would advise you to ask before you bid.

I just would never have a problem with buyers asking for an accurate shipping quote AFTER they purchase. Why should they pay over the odds for shipping ? If you're not intending to overcharge anyone, what's the biggie ??

In any case I sent her a very polite message, & for her just not to respond at all, is complete ignorance in my book.

BB, how helpful of you to detail the transaction as per always. You teally must find a hobby darling.

I just would never have a problem with buyers asking for an accurate shipping quote AFTER they purchase. Why should they pay over the odds for shipping ? If you're not intending to overcharge anyone, what's the biggie ??

In any case I sent her a very polite message, & for her just not to respond at all, is complete ignorance in my book.

BB, how helpful of you to detail the transaction as per always. You teally must find a hobby darling.
Aw, c'mon!

I don't disagree that it's poor customer service not to respond to an email. She should have responded.

In your OP, you stated that the shipping was for US and you wanted shipping price to your country. You implied that the listing didn't show shipping to other countries.

My reason for posting the listing was to show that the listing does show the accurate shipping price and it IS for worldwide.

You don't have to like her shipping price nor do you have to like the the fact that I showed that your statement was incorrect.

Sellers CAN charge more than the actual cost, for packaging, handling etc., and to make a little extra money. I used to sell shipping systems, and believe me, shipping is a profit center for many companies. Once again, I would advise you to ask before you bid.

^^ Yes I am of course aware this goes on as does Ebay, hence shipping costs are featured as part of a seller's FB criteria.

Actually BB, I was on my iPhone at the time & the US shipping price was the only one visible. Whether or not this particular seller would have taken the same umbrage to me requesting an accurate quote for my country remains to be seen, because she has failed to respond. It has clearly rattled a few cages here tho. A great deal more it would seem, than madamjcar being a completely unresponsive and quite possibly, untrustworthy seller. Unbelievable.

Actually BB, I was on my iPhone at the time & the US shipping price was the only one visible. Whether or not this particular seller would have taken the same umbrage to me requesting an accurate quote for my country remains to be seen, because she has failed to respond. It has clearly rattled a few cages here tho. A great deal more it would seem, than madamjcar being a completely unresponsive and quite possibly, untrustworthy seller. Unbelievable.

I assume that is why you posted it here. Personally this kind of "dilemma" would not garner me to post in the ebay forum about it. Not after such a short amount of time anyway and with such a small purchase. No offence though:P It is clear as per BB´s post that she charges $59 international shipping. If you are on your phone when buying and cannot see that, the seller has no part in that IMO. She also states in her listing, in text writing, that that is her charge for shipping internationally. Your transaction is an international one. No doubts.

Is that your purchase of which you have attached a picture?

edit. I would presonally never buy buckles nor belts from ebay. I always buy them from my boutique since there are too many fakes out there.

Last edited:
36 hours is not that long to wait for a response, although the question was answered in the listing. From what I have heard using the mobile apps on EBay can cause confusion due to their limited accuracy and/or information carried.
This seller may very well have issues, I don't know. This is a case where you really need to research before purchase.
Any questions need to be asked prior to bid/BIN. The s/h is clearly listed. If you wanted an adjustment, you needed to ask beforehand. They very well may still reduce it, depending on how your request was worded.
As an aside, BB, please do not get a hobby!!!! I, for one, am so very grateful for all the information you are able to provide to help those of us who are not so clever.

I assume that is why you posted it here. Personally this kind of "dilemma" would not garner me to post in the ebay forum about it. Not after such a short amount of time anyway and with such a small purchase. No offence though:P

Is that your purchase of which you have attached a picture?

I think it is pretty obvious why I posted Kat. I did not come to the Ebay sub-forum to complain about her shipping charges. I mentioned that this was why I initially contacted her. I was concerned about her being unresponsive & the fact that I found posts on the AT thread relating to her selling counterfeit H scarves.

If I have concerns, am I not allowed to enquire about a seller as others do ? Or are you making this personal ? Again.

It's saturday night Kat. One would have thought you'd be busy.

Besides, the quote is via USPS ?? She lives in Germany ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.