Givenchy Antigona Croc Stamped Shiny vs Matte finish

malvs12

O.G.
May 31, 2011
Hi Ladies,

I'm so in love with the Antigona bag and I should admit that most likely it will be my next bag purchase :graucho: I'm thinking to get the croc stamped finish in Medium (color is still undecided but definitely darker ones) now.. I understand with the croc stamped there is two different leather finish (shiny vs matte) which one do you think is more durable? and is different leather finishing affect the weight of the bag as well?

Thanks Ladies!:smile:

Welcome! you made a great choice w/ the croc stamped ant. i havent tried the matte one irl but i have tried the med ant in shiny and the med panda in matte, diff styles i know, but my gut feel is that the matte is a bit lighter...dont know why, maybe they've changed the process or whatnot, but the panda i tried was really light and smooshy, even those it's matte croc.

both will be durable, but the matte will show scratches less imo b/c it's not a shiny surface. fyi, the shiny croc is not heavy, mind u, just that btwn the 2 choices, it felt a bit more. now compared to the goat, calf or buffalo, i think the shiny croc is lighter. as with anything, if u dont put too much in there, doesnt matter as much if u go w/ matte or croc or regular leather. ultimately, it the look of the bag and u carrying it that will sell it to u the most.

Welcome! you made a great choice w/ the croc stamped ant. i havent tried the matte one irl but i have tried the med ant in shiny and the med panda in matte, diff styles i know, but my gut feel is that the matte is a bit lighter...dont know why, maybe they've changed the process or whatnot, but the panda i tried was really light and smooshy, even those it's matte croc.

both will be durable, but the matte will show scratches less imo b/c it's not a shiny surface. fyi, the shiny croc is not heavy, mind u, just that btwn the 2 choices, it felt a bit more. now compared to the goat, calf or buffalo, i think the shiny croc is lighter. as with anything, if u dont put too much in there, doesnt matter as much if u go w/ matte or croc or regular leather. ultimately, it the look of the bag and u carrying it that will sell it to u the most.

thanks randr21 I've tried on the smooth leather medium Antigona at my local department store but they didn't have the croc stamped finish, unfortunately.

as with the matte finish, does it feel like nubuck/suede kind? I never own a bag with this kind of finish so I'm scared that I'm going to ruin the bag only after few wears

also, which one do you think will hold it shapes better?

thanks randr21 I've tried on the smooth leather medium Antigona at my local department store but they didn't have the croc stamped finish, unfortunately.

as with the matte finish, does it feel like nubuck/suede kind? I never own a bag with this kind of finish so I'm scared that I'm going to ruin the bag only after few wears

Yes, id like to know which slouch easily in the long run

2013 version isnt the nubuk suede croc, so lets get that confusion settled.

The matte croc one will hold its shape, and it will soften gradually w/ use b/c its softer than its glazed sibling.

If u like truly structured, with less softening, then go for the older 2012 glazed version, or the newer 2013 lizard stamped ones.

2013 version isnt the nubuk suede croc, so lets get that confusion settled.

The matte croc one will hold its shape, and it will soften gradually w/ use b/c its softer than its glazed sibling.

If u like truly structured, with less softening, then go for the older 2012 glazed version, or the newer 2013 lizard stamped ones.
thanks randr21 for clearing this

I'm still on the fence between the matte or shiny croc stamped but promise I'll do a reveal once I've made up my mind :graucho:

thanks again for your help! :smile: