Rainy Day bags?

Mama20

Oct 16, 2012
Hi all...coming to the experts to decide which bag to get for the rainy days- don't want to take my leather ones out in the rain...never had a patent bag, but would consider (I don't know how they hold up)...

What would you get or have already?

1. Signature bag (ie Rory, Glam tote, or other)
2. Patent Madison Tote (or other)

Thanks for any advice!

Hi all...coming to the experts to decide which bag to get for the rainy days- don't want to take my leather ones out in the rain...never had a patent bag, but would consider (I don't know how they hold up)...

Thanks for any advice!

At one time I didn't have any patent bags and now I have 4 of them! I got them mostly because they are all weather bags but now I like them a lot - even on a sunny day!

I take public transportation and walk to work and I don't have to worry about my bag getting wet if I am carrying patent. I like the krinkle patent better than the smooth patent but that's just my preference.

I also have a madison shoulder bag, the older style from a few years ago, and it has shiny leather. It is not patent but it also does fine in wet weather.

I always carry a plastic drawstring shopping bag in my purse, neatly folded up and tucked away - just in case I suddenly need to protect my bag!

At one time I didn't have any patent bags and now I have 4 of them! I got them mostly because they are all weather bags but now I like them a lot - even on a sunny day!

I take public transportation and walk to work and I don't have to worry about my bag getting wet if I am carrying patent. I like the krinkle patent better than the smooth patent but that's just my preference.

I also have a madison shoulder bag, the older style from a few years ago, and it has shiny leather. It is not patent but it also does fine in wet weather.

I always carry a plastic drawstring shopping bag in my purse, neatly folded up and tucked away - just in case I suddenly need to protect my bag!
Thanks for your input...what's krinkle leather? I tried a Madison Tote today (patent) & I think it was smooth...what styles have the krinkle leather? Is there any maintenance to patent leather?

Thanks for your input...what's krinkle leather? I tried a Madison Tote today (patent) & I think it was smooth...what styles have the krinkle leather? Is there any maintenance to patent leather?

Smooth patent is shiny and glossy and pretty and the krinkle patent has texture and it a little wrinkled but also pretty. It is personal preference. Here are pics of my top 5 weather-resistant bags:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/how-have-your-top-5-bags-changed-2012-a-794467-4.html#post23632000

I vote for a large patent Zoe. I have a silver one that I absolutely love. I highly recommend it! I love the Rory but I like the way it looks in leather best. I think the glam totes are very nice. Some were selling for under $100 today at Dillard's.

Smooth patent is shiny and glossy and pretty and the krinkle patent has texture and it a little wrinkled but also pretty. It is personal preference. Here are pics of my top 5 weather-resistant bags:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/how-have-your-top-5-bags-changed-2012-a-794467-4.html#post23632000

Omg! I just saw the rose patent at outlet, but I didn't really look at it because I was looking for a Willis. It was clearance too! Twins on that fob though :smile: thanks for the info & pics!

I vote for a large patent Zoe. I have a silver one that I absolutely love. I highly recommend it! I love the Rory but I like the way it looks in leather best. I think the glam totes are very nice. Some were selling for under $100 today at Dillard's.

Oh the Dillard sale that I have no access to :sad: JK! I guess I'm off to find a patent bag :smile: I have an old non coach bag I use now, but dread when it rains & I have to switch out of my Coach :smile: so I want a Coach rain bag now! :smile:

Patent!

I'm a huge patent fan.
In fact, the majority of my bags are patent, not on purposely though!

I have a patent T
ribecca tote (antique gold),
laced gallery tote 11500 in camel, in black, in parchment and in crimson
(what can I say...love the style, love all the colors!).

a patent Zoe (in rose)
a patent (jade) Legacy Reece (this is a small evening bag)
a patent (pond) hobo

They're troopers in the rain and snowy midwest!

Oh the Dillard sale that I have no access to :sad: JK! I guess I'm off to find a patent bag :smile: I have an old non coach bag I use now, but dread when it rains & I have to switch out of my Coach :smile: so I want a Coach rain bag now! :smile:

Oh :nogood:. Sorry! It sucks too because there is nothing left online. It got gone quick! That's the only thing that made me leave the house. Curiosity killed the wallet.

I always thought of patent just for rainy days- do you all use it anytime? Sorry for the questions- I am patent clueless :smile: do you have any special care for these bags? TIA!

Omg! I just saw the rose patent at outlet, but I didn't really look at it because I was looking for a Willis. It was clearance too! Twins on that fob though :smile: thanks for the info & pics!

I was at the outlet yesterday and they had some patent bags. I remember seeing a few liquid gloss poppy bags and a couple of patent poppy glam totes.

There were also crimson and black patent madison totes and maggies.

Thanks for any advice!
I have both, and plenty of leather - but Patent Leather for inclement weather, all the way.

I always thought of patent just for rainy days- do you all use it anytime? Sorry for the questions- I am patent clueless :smile: do you have any special care for these bags? TIA!

I carry patent all year round. When I was a little girl, patent was considered a delicate material. It was for spring and summer only and you had to be careful not to get it wet.

Patent was made differently back then but now it is leather coated or integrated with a plastic substance. Nowadays patent is an all-year, all-weather bag that is tough and resistant (and pretty!)

As far as maintenance. I occasionally wipe it off with a damp cloth, that's all. I have heard that patent can begin to lose it's shine after time. I haven't had that happen yet. I've also heard that you can shine it back up with Pledge! But I haven't tried that.