Gst help

emmaali said:
As i'm aware of in singapore there are a lot of consignment store and concierge service where you can try and get a brand new gst with full packaging for about sgd600 cheaper than boutique...why not try that. you can look in chanel deluxemall or ciaciasg. Hope that helps.

Hi emmaali

Yes agree.but the inner me want to feel the thrill of buying my HG in store! A ahh, I'm in such a dilemma :sad:

Hi ladies. Found one that suit my budget but is these crease removable. By stuffing papers?

No, the crease is not removable, and if you look at the inside lining of the GST, stuffing it with papers will not help the outside "leather" part.

Also, you should know the GST you are looking is the old design, from before 2010. The new design started in 2010, and the main difference in looks is the new design has metal rings that say Rue Camdon on it whereas the old GST is just a plain gold ring (as shown in the bag you posted). The big CC logo on the new design is stitched into the leather, whereas with the old design, the big CC logo is a separate piece of leather sew on top. The big CC logo is the best way to tell if it's the old design or new.

Personally for me, I would get a new bag. And... if you decide to get a used bag, I would definitely get a new design that came out after 2010.

Good luck to you.

Oh.. I should mention this about your sag... you can try taking it into a Chanel boutique and getting it reconditioned. That might help with sagging a bit, but there is no guarantee. I have seen some amazing stuff done with bags.

If you buy a used bag, you should definitely be sure it is 100% authentic. Lots of fakes out there.

But honestly, even if they can repair the sag, I would really go with the new design. Just my humble opinion of course.

No, the crease is not removable, and if you look at the inside lining of the GST, stuffing it with papers will not help the outside "leather" part.

Also, you should know the GST you are looking is the old design, from before 2010. The new design started in 2010, and the main difference in looks is the new design has metal rings that say Rue Camdon on it whereas the old GST is just a plain gold ring (as shown in the bag you posted). The big CC logo on the new design is stitched into the leather, whereas with the old design, the big CC logo is a separate piece of leather sew on top. The big CC logo is the best way to tell if it's the old design or new.

Personally for me, I would get a new bag. And... if you decide to get a used bag, I would definitely get a new design that came out after 2010.

Good luck to you.

hi willeyi , this is very good information! :smile:

it make me think twice about getting this. i have tried out the sizes in boutique, and it seems like XL is more suitable for me but retailling at SGD 4,160.00

Attachments

• me.JPG
    me.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 379
hi willeyi , this is very good information! :smile:

it make me think twice about getting this. i have tried out the sizes in boutique, and it seems like XL is more suitable for me but retailling at SGD 4,160.00

Hi missbao! Yes... I would not get that used bag. It's used, plus, it's an old design which is a double-no.

I would really get a brand new bag. Buying Chanel is not about saving money. Buying Chanel is about the feeling of ownership of a gorgeous high end luxury item, and for me, there is no comparison to brand new.

Someone saying to me they bought a used Chanel to save money sends a different message. That's just me. These are expensive bags, and it's not like the average person buys one bag a month... so to me, it is definitely worth the splurge to get a new one. You will treasure it for years and always know you bought it brand new, not used.

Hi missbao! Yes... I would not get that used bag. It's used, plus, it's an old design which is a double-no.

I would really get a brand new bag. Buying Chanel is not about saving money. Buying Chanel is about the feeling of ownership of a gorgeous high end luxury item, and for me, there is no comparison to brand new.

Someone saying to me they bought a used Chanel to save money sends a different message. That's just me. These are expensive bags, and it's not like the average person buys one bag a month... so to me, it is definitely worth the splurge to get a new one. You will treasure it for years and always know you bought it brand new, not used.

willeyi thank you very much. i really love the feeling of getting brand new :biggrin: but with the insane price of chanel . i dont know how much i can keep up! haha. btw, DBF is nagging non stop when we are at the boutique yesterday, he just couldnt understand women!;)

Good luck to you.

Oh.. I should mention this about your sag... you can try taking it into a Chanel boutique and getting it reconditioned. That might help with sagging a bit, but there is no guarantee. I have seen some amazing stuff done with bags.

If you buy a used bag, you should definitely be sure it is 100% authentic. Lots of fakes out there.

But honestly, even if they can repair the sag, I would really go with the new design. Just my humble opinion of course.

Wow! Willeyi, sometimes you really amaze me! Great info, thanks for teaching some of us;)

Willeyi is big enabler of GST and ballets~! She made me plan on getting the Beige Claire GST & matching beige + black ballets on my C list. :P

And TS, if you would like to save on the price, I would suggest you to do some search on deluxemall, there are plenty of new GST available & at least SGD $700 cheaper compare to retail price. For me, I won't go for a second hand Chanel bag, I often asked friends who travelling to Europe in buying the expensive bags for me. For some small items like CJs, wallet, card case & shoes, I often purchased them at boutique here with my preferred SA. Do update us with your decision!

PS: Did you take a mod pic of carrying a GST for comparison with XL GST?

Willeyi is big enabler of GST and ballets~! She made me plan on getting the Beige Claire GST & matching beige + black ballets on my C list. :P

And TS, if you would like to save on the price, I would suggest you to do some search on deluxemall, there are plenty of new GST available & at least SGD $700 cheaper compare to retail price. For me, I won't go for a second hand Chanel bag, I often asked friends who travelling to Europe in buying the expensive bags for me. For some small items like CJs, wallet, card case & shoes, I often purchased them at boutique here with my preferred SA. Do update us with your decision!

PS: Did you take a mod pic of carrying a GST for comparison with XL GST?

oh i did not , as the SA is very busy and doesnt appear after 10 mins, so i just go off without trying the regular one ( take note DBF is waiting impatiently) haha.

ya ladies, i agree some monies are not meant to be save. i would love to have a brand new GST; i have a month away from my birthday; i would like to reward myself on that day. i will keep you ladies posted!

Get a secondhand brandnew. I am from singapore too and there are lots of reseller on deluxemall. The bags are new, these sellers got it from paris or other parts of europe and sell it in sg to earn a couple of hundreds.