The Random Fur Babies In Our Lives

Jan 17, 2013
So I'm reading a lot about cats and dogs here, and horses, but haven't seen anything really on other types of pets. So here we go!

Who's out there that has pets that aren't necessarily considered "the norm"? (This goes for your kid's pets too, they still count as yours!)... Or, what's your dream pet? If you could have anything in the world what would it be?

For me, I do have two dogs (a Chihuahua, the love of my life, and a Maltese) and in the same house my mom has a Toy Poodle. But I myself have a whole world of creatures I love just as much! My happy family also includes two Guinea Pigs, a Hedgehog, three mice (don't ask), four turtles, and a tortoise! I'm a huge animal lover. Wish I had become an ASPCA officer or a vet. So, what about everyone else?

I currently have three cats and two dogs. In the past I have had fish, birds (lovebirds at the office, cockatiels and parakeets growing up) and even hamsters when I was in college.

My dream is to have a piece of land in the country so that I could have llamas or alpacas (I am obssessed with them) and Scottish Highland cattle. Oh and I would love to own a horse or two as well. Growing up our neighbor had horses and she would take us with her on weekends sometimes where we got to feed, brush and ride them.

I have many cats, 2 Greyhounds, 1 Cockatoo, 1 lovebird. I also really love creepy crawlies. I had a Rose Hair Tarantula that was very sweet. She ate crickets and I named her Buffy the cricket slayer. :P I also had a Chilean Red Knee Tarantula named Spiderman. I also had a Bearded Dragon for about 10 years. I think after a few of my long term foster cats go home I will get another Rose Hair. I really enjoyed her. Too much going on right now for another pet.

I have many cats, 2 Greyhounds, 1 Cockatoo, 1 lovebird. I also really love creepy crawlies. I had a Rose Hair Tarantula that was very sweet. She ate crickets and I named her Buffy the cricket slayer. :P I also had a Chilean Red Knee Tarantula named Spiderman. I also had a Bearded Dragon for about 10 years. I think after a few of my long term foster cats go home I will get another Rose Hair. I really enjoyed her. Too much going on right now for another pet.

Oh dear! I couldn't do the creepy crawlies, I'd be too afraid! Bearded dragons are SOOOOOO cool!

Want to hear something that will really make your skin crawl?? One day Buffy got out of her cage. I must have not secured the top very well. I couldn't find her for days. One morning I was taking a shower, looked at my shower curtain and there she was. :rolleyes: I'm just glad it was me that found her. DH would probably have screamed like a girl and run out of the house naked. :roflmfao:

Oh dear! I couldn't do the creepy crawlies, I'd be too afraid! Bearded dragons are SOOOOOO cool!

Want to hear something that will really make your skin crawl?? One day Buffy got out of her cage. I must have not secured the top very well. I couldn't find her for days. One morning I was taking a shower, looked at my shower curtain and there she was. :rolleyes: I'm just glad it was me that found her. DH would probably have screamed like a girl and run out of the house naked. :roflmfao:

HOLY CRAP WOMAN!!! I am just about standing on my desk and Buffy is nowhere near my office lmao *hides* I used to work at a pet shop and had to clean all the reptile cages. Had a blast with that but when I'd get to the creepy crawlies I drew the line. That tarantula needed to be cleaned by someone else and that was that lol.

funny-animal-gifs-ohgodohgodohgodoh.gif

OMG is that real poopsie?!?!?!?

We had a neighbor that had a tarantula when I was younger and I always thought it was cool. Now, not so much. I have a friend that lives in TX and she occasionally gets them in her garden. I would die if I happened to just come upon one randomly.

i have no idea. But if it is on Cheezeburger it has to be true...................right? ;)

Look at that back leg....it moves twice. Once to get in position and the next to get ready. IDK how to fake that.