Was getting a hotstamp a mistake?

viacarolina2394

LV & Bal Obsessed
Aug 6, 2012
Hello all!!

I realize now that I have a Zippy wallet, I want to sell my International Porte Tresor but unfortunately I have the initials CG hotstamped on it... Will people still buy this? Or maybe second hand sites? I want to avoid PayPal at all costs as i've had very bad luck with them.

ETA: Reminder that selling/buying/trading is not permitted on tPF.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think buying a preloved wallet, with a heat stamp, is that big of a deal. If it is in good shape and you are asking a reasonable amount, people will purchase it. I think heat stamping on the outside of a bag may be more difficult to sell...IMHO.

Good luck.

I don't think buying a preloved wallet, with a heat stamp, is that big of a deal. If it is in good shape and you are asking a reasonable amount, people will purchase it. I think heat stamping on the outside of a bag may be more difficult to sell...IMHO.

Good luck.

^ agree!
I would have no problem buying a LV item that had initials on it..As long as the item was in good condition...No one is really going to know anyway....

The problem is I don't want to sell through Ebay or use Paypal as I've had so many issues! Is there another way I can sell online, and not use PayPal?

Sell on eBay and take money orders only BUT the Buyer might think your doing that because it Fake and you don't want them to have Paypal protection.
Might be tough.. You can also try Craigslist but there are a lot of losers there.

Sell on eBay and take money orders only BUT the Buyer might think your doing that because it Fake and you don't want them to have Paypal protection.
Might be tough.. You can also try Craigslist but there are a lot of losers there.

Yeah, big no no to craigslist lol. I sent it to Yoogi's closet and I'll see how much they'll offer. I also sent in pics of my Gucci Boston and My Vintage Chantilly. Let's hope this works! lol

CG is my initials :smile: I reckon buying a hot stamped item isnt much of a big deal as in fact i would purchase an item with initials because it also guarantees that the item is authentic. All my pieces (that are hot stamped ready) are hot stamped. It adds more personality and uniqueness to your pieces. Have u sold it yet?