Alexander Wang Rockie vs Rocco cayenne quality issues?

Jul 26, 2012
Hi all, may I please get some of your expertise on the quality issues (e.g piping / edging rips, fading colour etc) experienced with the Rocco vs Rockie?

From the threads I've read, I've noticed the piping / edging issues are all related to the Rocco, but I haven't come across any complaints yet about this issue with the Rockie?

Has anyone had this issue with the Rockie?

I'm waiting on a cayenne Rockie and Rocco and I'm trying to decide which will last!

Also, for cayenne owners out there, have you experienced any significant fading or colour transfer issues?

Thanks in advance, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

i just purchased a cayenne rocco from the AW website. I don't have it yet but i know it's impossible to buy the cayenne rockie from any stores (i know I asked @) right now unless your buying from ebay. AW website was having a sale on Rocco so I bought mine for $551 with no tax and free shipping today. as for wear, from what I read on this thread some people have problems with the edges @ the bag but they suggest using this wax thing. I think they are made from the same leather, both bags must have the same issues. I will let me u know when i get my bag soon.

I have the rockie in cayenne and I've been wearing it a lot lately. No issues at all with the quality. I haven't noticed any color transfer issues either, but then again I really don't wear blue jeans or anything. I wear lots and lots of black with no transfer... It can definitely hold a lot! I actually just made a video with my cayenne rockie today for my channel, and it has everything stuffed in there that I carry on a daily basis. All in all I love this bag. I have a soft leather rockie but I prefer this one for everyday since the pebble seems more durable.

YouTube.com/hellocindee
If u want to see what all can fit in there =p

I have the rockie in cayenne and I've been wearing it a lot lately. No issues at all with the quality. I haven't noticed any color transfer issues either, but then again I really don't wear blue jeans or anything. I wear lots and lots of black with no transfer... It can definitely hold a lot! I actually just made a video with my cayenne rockie today for my channel, and it has everything stuffed in there that I carry on a daily basis. All in all I love this bag. I have a soft leather rockie but I prefer this one for everyday since the pebble seems more durable.

YouTube.com/hellocindee
If u want to see what all can fit in there =p

I watched that video yesterday! I'm pretty sure I 'liked' it because I thought it was really creative and nicely done!

Hi all, may I please get some of your expertise on the quality issues (e.g piping / edging rips, fading colour etc) experienced with the Rocco vs Rockie?

From the threads I've read, I've noticed the piping / edging issues are all related to the Rocco, but I haven't come across any complaints yet about this issue with the Rockie?

Has anyone had this issue with the Rockie?

I'm waiting on a cayenne Rockie and Rocco and I'm trying to decide which will last!

Also, for cayenne owners out there, have you experienced any significant fading or colour transfer issues?

Thanks in advance, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
I don't have cayenne, but I do have black & petrol roccos, emerald diego and iodine rockie...and they key is conditioning every so often, since the iodine is a tougher leather and has the new thicker edging I have yet to condition it.

Last edited: