What color Bolide is my SA trying to sell me?!

ABlovesH

O.G.
Feb 16, 2011
I was in my local H boutique & looked at a Bolide in what my SA insisted was Gold. But it had matching stitching, not white, so it couldn't have been gold, right?? To my eyes it looked like Gold. What color could it be? I might go ahead & get it even if it's not Gold since it is very pretty but I like to know what I'm buying!

For the record, my local H store is a franchise and I don't always trust their information to be reliable. :sad:

My guess would be Marron d' Inde. It is almost identical to gold without the contrast stitching. But all the colors mentioned are beautiful....

I was in my local H boutique & looked at a Bolide in what my SA insisted was Gold. But it had matching stitching, not white, so it couldn't have been gold, right?? To my eyes it looked like Gold. What color could it be? I might go ahead & get it even if it's not Gold since it is very pretty but I like to know what I'm buying!

For the record, my local H store is a franchise and I don't always trust their information to be reliable. :sad:
Please share photos when you purchased the Bolide. I'm on the way to take a Bolide too and very interested in this color. How long is the strap? I want to go to Hermes Napoli with a clear idea.

Update- I spoke to my SA today & asked her why it has matching stitching rather than white if it is indeed gold. She said the bag is a customer return and the receipt said 'gold' so that's what she was going by. She's not sure why it has matching stitching. So either the receipt is wrong and the color is not really gold or it is gold but a special order?!?! This is just crazy-- shouldn't there be some sort of tag identifying the bag??

Anyway, it *is* a very pretty bag and I'm wondering if I should get it or wait for the regular gold with white stitching? I have a gold Garden Party with white stitching that I like a lot-- maybe it would be nice to have a gold bag with matching stitching? Thoughts?? Any chance anyone have a side by side picture of the Bolide in gold with white stitching vs a shade similar to gold with matching stitching?

I would pass too, not only because it's a return but the fact that ur SA cannot assure you the "color" and told u they r basing it on the returned receipt... Just the whole thing seems iffy... If ur SA is confident about the stitching and color then as least its more assuring but even they r not... So would definitely pass....

If it was a special order, it would have the horseshoe symbol on it. Sounds odd to me

Good point-- I never thought to unzip the bag to look at the Hermes stamp on the inside but the SA certainly should have! I got the sense that they didn't really care what the actual color was-- and they were probably just as happy to keep calling it gold since it's an in demand color.

Anyway, I called today & the bag is sold so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Plus it was a rigide and I prefer mou anyway. Of course now the *problem* I have is that I can't stop thinking of a Bolide in a gold type of color with matching stitching so I will be definitely be on the lookout for the color suggestions everyone posted!! Does anyone know which of the colors suggested are currently available?? Tabac Camel, Alezan, Marron D'Inde, Kraft?? I'd prefer to purchase from a boutique, not a reseller.