Hair product for tangled hair.

lightdays

O.G.
Feb 18, 2009
Are there any hair products out there to put in my hair to detangle while combing through? I can't seem to know what to search all I get are hair brushes and conditioners. I am looking for a product specifically where I can put in my hair to help combing throug tangled hair. Are there any out there? Please help.

First, do you brush your hair very well before washing?
Make sure your hair is brushed well before shampooing, when shampooing try not to tousle hair too much and ALWAYS use conditioner.

I always use a light leave in to help w/ detangling, I like Nectar Thermique from Kerastase and Joico Integrity. I also always use a light oil in the ends, my fave is Kerastase Elixir Ultime. I always use a wide tooth comb when it's wet.

Do you comb your conditioner through in the shower? I shampoo and condition first and then clip my hair up while I shower, rinsing it out last. I have quite long hair and doing that, I have never needed a detangler.

First and foremost, use either the Knot Genie brush or The Wet Bursh (both can be found on amazon.com). Paul Mitchel The Detangler works well, so does Johnson & Johnson detangler (yes, its for kids but it works really really well and costs next to nothing).

Vinegar.
I have long, thick, curly, waist length hair that tangles easily. I spritz vinegar on my hair brush bristle before brushing and it de-tangles well plus makes my hair shinier! It's also cheap and natural! The smell goes away in a few minutes :smile:
If I need a little extra help with extra knotted hair, any type of carrier oil will do (jojoba oil, olive oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, rosehip oil, coconut oil, etc...).

I really like the Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair, it works great. Lately, I've also been using Andalou Naturals Full Volume Style Spray because I think I prefer a spray to a creme product. It's also way cheaper, smells nice, and the added volume is of course a plus. :smile:

I was looking for a good one for a while, and fresh smelling too, and I finally found one from Revlon, which is a leave in conditioner, and is 2 different parts (blue and white liquid) which you need to mix together before spritzing on your hair. It's good, but I asked my hairdresser and she said just mix normal conditioner with water in a bottle and spray...it's that simple!

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Detangler Spray, under $5 at most drugstores. It is kind of an oil mixture that you shake before use, but is very lightweight & not greasy. I use it sometimes before I flat iron.

I brush my hair with a wide tooth plastic brush before shampooing.

After shampooing, I comb with a wide tooth plastic comb in the shower. If there is resistance, I comb through the ends, then inch up until the whole head of hair is combed.

Then I condition, rinse, and comb through again.

Then I towel dry, and comb through again.

Then I apply oil (Bain de Terre recovery complex) to the ends first, then smooth through hair with my fingers, then comb.

Then blow dry smooth with a ceramic round brush.

I don't think the products matter so much, although there are some shampoos that make my hair more tangled. I have thick, naturally frizzy hair which has been thinned by a stylist, but gets thicker with growth until the next haircut.

Biolage detangling!! It will not do you wrong I promise!! If it can get the knots outta my hair after a hour dive in some major current in salt water it can get the knots outta your hair for sure