real but fake???

babyLV

Sofa King Banned
Mar 7, 2012
hi all!!~ i am just curious, is it possible that sellers etc MIGHT post up pics of real chanel bags and then when they ship it out they send a/the fake version n not the real one(s)???

i think it's possible, judging from what i have read online so far. this is one of the reasons why i don't buy online, too much hassle & i am not an expert in bags so prefer to buy from the stores. it's a wonderful experience and no worries at all :smile:

i think it's possible, judging from what i have read online so far. this is one of the reasons why i don't buy online, too much hassle & i am not an expert in bags so prefer to buy from the stores. it's a wonderful experience and no worries at all :smile:

ya true...but isn't that what this forum is for! (kinda).... to make sure we don't purchase any fakies....

ya true...but isn't that what this forum is for! (kinda).... to make sure we don't purchase any fakies....

If you post this in the ebay forum, you will find some interesting answers. :smile: I see many people on the "authenticate this" having bags they got from ebay re-authenticated to make sure they got what was advertised. Doing that or paying $5 for having a third party authenticate it is great for peace of mind.

If you post this in the ebay forum, you will find some interesting answers. :smile: I see many people on the "authenticate this" having bags they got from ebay re-authenticated to make sure they got what was advertised. Doing that or paying $5 for having a third party authenticate it is great for peace of mind.

yes! and also, to make sure they accept returns (whether from ebay or any/all other re-sellers, consignments, etc)!!~

hi all!!~ i am just curious, is it possible that sellers etc MIGHT post up pics of real chanel bags and then when they ship it out they send a/the fake version n not the real one(s)???

Of course it's possible, and it's been done. As has been stated here, there are unscrupulous sellers as well as buyers. Most are honest, but there are some who aren't.

It would be a difficult (but not impossible, of course) scam. Each Chanel bag has a unique serial sticker so the biggest (but obviously not only) giveaway to a bait and switch would be any discrepancy in the number itself.

It wouldn't be hard to do. Someone that doesn't know a lot about bags coud buy it thinking they're getting what's being advertised. As a buyer you have to be on your toes. I'm thinking that's why some of us see lot of people carrying fakes bags, they may not know they bought a fake.:shucks:

It wouldn't be hard to do. Someone that doesn't know a lot about bags coud buy it thinking they're getting what's being advertised. As a buyer you have to be on your toes. I'm thinking that's why some of us see lot of people carrying fakes bags, they may not know they bought a fake.:shucks:

ya....so i'm very worried etc about buying my first Chanel and it end up bein a fakie; but if i buy from ebay seller or consignment store etc who accepts returns/refunds that would be "safe"?? right....