New to Chloe & need some handholding :)

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
I'm in the market for a new bag and would love some opinions. I've never really checked out Chloe irl because I was only familiar with the paraty, which isn't for me. I've seen some pics of the Marcie satchel and am intrigued.

I'm 5'7 and I think a small would be good, but I'm wondering if a medium might look better? Is the hardware a dark, almost brass color gold? Looks different in different pics.

Also wondering about colors. I was set on a black bag, but I think I like other colors of this bag better. I wear a lot of black, blue and purple. Has anyone seen the cashmere grey irl? How does it compare to stone? I really like the stone color, but can't find it anywhere. Any other suggestions?

Sadly, I don't have anywhere close to me where I can go see these in person anytime soon. I appreciate any insight. :smile: TIA!

Last edited:
HI! I recently got my first Chloe Marcie as well and absolutely love it! I got the small satchel, which is really not small at all! I think for your height, the small is a good size. The medium is barely bigger and does not come with the strap. The hardware on both my Marcies are a muted gold, though it stands out more against the Emerald Coast color than on my Nut Marcie. The hardware does not take away from the bag though, no worries!

As for the color, black is always safe and very versatile, but I do think the Marcie looks great in a more "western" color, so any of the brown and taupe shades. Cashmere grey is very pretty, so is Tan and Nut! I like nut best, but I'm biased since I own it =]

Have you considered the Ethel too? Also a very pretty bag!

HI! I recently got my first Chloe Marcie as well and absolutely love it! I got the small satchel, which is really not small at all! I think for your height, the small is a good size. The medium is barely bigger and does not come with the strap. The hardware on both my Marcies are a muted gold, though it stands out more against the Emerald Coast color than on my Nut Marcie. The hardware does not take away from the bag though, no worries!

As for the color, black is always safe and very versatile, but I do think the Marcie looks great in a more "western" color, so any of the brown and taupe shades. Cashmere grey is very pretty, so is Tan and Nut! I like nut best, but I'm biased since I own it =]

Have you considered the Ethel too? Also a very pretty bag!

Thanks! Have you seen Cashmere grey irl? In some pics it looks like a light grey and it others it looks like a more medium grey. I love darker greys but I think I missed the boat on those. Nut is another one I looked at, but of course the Saks pic looks different than the Nordstrom pic etc.

I did look at the ethel & I like that one too.

Thanks! Have you seen Cashmere grey irl? In some pics it looks like a light grey and it others it looks like a more medium grey. I love darker greys but I think I missed the boat on those. Nut is another one I looked at, but of course the Saks pic looks different than the Nordstrom pic etc.

I did look at the ethel & I like that one too.

I have seen the cashmere grey in person! I'm looking at the Saks pic of it, and I would say it's close, but I remember it being just a tad darker. It is more of a medium grey I think. I have not been into Marcies for long enough to know when they came out with a darker grey, maybe the stone color you referred to was it. You can always check ebay to see if one pops up!

Can't wait to see what you end up choosing! =]

I'm in the market for a new bag and would love some opinions. I've never really checked out Chloe irl because I was only familiar with the paraty, which isn't for me. I've seen some pics of the Marcie satchel and am intrigued.

I'm 5'7 and I think a small would be good, but I'm wondering if a medium might look better? Is the hardware a dark, almost brass color gold? Looks different in different pics.

Also wondering about colors. I was set on a black bag, but I think I like other colors of this bag better. I wear a lot of black, blue and purple. Has anyone seen the cashmere grey irl? How does it compare to stone? I really like the stone color, but can't find it anywhere. Any other suggestions?

Sadly, I don't have anywhere close to me where I can go see these in person anytime soon. I appreciate any insight. :smile: TIA!

I treated myself to a small marcie with strap last month. If you have a chance to check the bags out in a Nordstrom that carries Chloe, I would do it. The large size is huge, and while I like larger bags I just think the marcie works in the smaller size. As the other poster noted, the small and medium sized satchels are pretty close in size. Medium looks a tad larger than the small (you can see a pic of the comparison here: http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/ne...ie-sizes-please-help-785357.html#post23332468 ) but the small only comes with the strap which is essential for me.

Good luck deciding on the color. I ended up with black because black is just my color and I've been wanting a black Marcie for ages now. HTH! :smile:

I treated myself to a small marcie with strap last month. If you have a chance to check the bags out in a Nordstrom that carries Chloe, I would do it. The large size is huge, and while I like larger bags I just think the marcie works in the smaller size. As the other poster noted, the small and medium sized satchels are pretty close in size. Medium looks a tad larger than the small (you can see a pic of the comparison here: http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/ne...ie-sizes-please-help-785357.html#post23332468 ) but the small only comes with the strap which is essential for me.

Good luck deciding on the color. I ended up with black because black is just my color and I've been wanting a black Marcie for ages now. HTH! :smile:

Thanks! I didn't realize the medium didn't come with a strap and that is necessary for me too. Sadly, I do not have a Nordstrom near me that carries Chloe. I end up on a buying and returning merry-go-round shopping for bags sometimes because I can't see anything irl. Right now I'm thinking about black or grey.

Actually, the medium DOES come with the strap. There's a lot of confusion over small vs. medium ... they are almost exactly the same size, but one comes with the strap and one doesn't. As you look online, just make sure you're looking a the "satchel with strap." The large does not come with a strap and it is huge! The medium is plenty big for an everyday bag, IMO.

Also, as much as I love a good black bag, Chloe does non-black neutrals so well, I'd urge you to consider something other than black. I saw the cashmere gray a few days ago and it is lovely -- a very light, soft gray. It may be too light if you're afraid of stains or color transfer. HGbagsonline.com often has a good color selection.

Sandc - I have 1 Marcie in NUT - It is a medium size and it came without the strap. From what I've seen there is a medium Marcie with a strap and that is just a tad smaller than the Medium without the strap. I'm pretty sure the size difference is barely noticeable. The large is quite big.
I have also noticed that some vendors call the "Medium" Marcie WITH the strap a "Small." It's very confusing!

Anyway - if you would like me to post a pic of my Marcie next to a MAM (since you are familiar with that size) I'll be happy to.

Sandc - I have 1 Marcie in NUT - It is a medium size and it came without the strap. From what I've seen there is a medium Marcie with a strap and that is just a tad smaller than the Medium without the strap. I'm pretty sure the size difference is barely noticeable. The large is quite big.
I have also noticed that some vendors call the "Medium" Marcie WITH the strap a "Small." It's very confusing!

Anyway - if you would like me to post a pic of my Marcie next to a MAM (since you are familiar with that size) I'll be happy to.

That sounds like what I have seen too, but I always assumed the one with the strap was "small" because that is what all the merchants seem to call it. You can tell it is smaller by looking at the front flap design. The "u" shape stitchings do not come as high as they do on the "medium" non-strap version. At least this has usually been how I could tell between sizes, unless they have changed anything. The pic I referenced in my post above illustrates this. http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/ne...ie-sizes-please-help-785357.html#post23332468

Anyway I am officially confused! :confused1:

Also there is a mini Marcie that is much smaller than the "small/medium" one. I am not talking about the mini.

That would be awesome, Magjes. Especially since nut was a color I was looking at too. Thanks!

That sounds like what I have seen too, but I always assumed the one with the strap was "small" because that is what all the merchants seem to call it. You can tell it is smaller by looking at the front flap design. The "u" shape stitchings do not come as high as they do on the "medium" non-strap version. At least this has usually been how I could tell between sizes, unless they have changed anything. The pic I referenced in my post above illustrates this. http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/ne...ie-sizes-please-help-785357.html#post23332468

Anyway I am officially confused! :confused1:

Also there is a mini Marcie that is much smaller than the "small/medium" one. I am not talking about the mini.

This is a great pic showing the difference. I see what you mean about the front flap design and the different stitching design. I didn't look at it before. Chloe should really rename these two sizes!

Actually, the medium DOES come with the strap. There's a lot of confusion over small vs. medium ... they are almost exactly the same size, but one comes with the strap and one doesn't. As you look online, just make sure you're looking a the "satchel with strap." The large does not come with a strap and it is huge! The medium is plenty big for an everyday bag, IMO.

Also, as much as I love a good black bag, Chloe does non-black neutrals so well, I'd urge you to consider something other than black. I saw the cashmere gray a few days ago and it is lovely -- a very light, soft gray. It may be too light if you're afraid of stains or color transfer. HGbagsonline.com often has a good color selection.

Thanks for the info! While I love how light grey looks, I would be afraid to own it. A nice darker grey, like stone, would probably be better.

Thanks for the info! While I love how light grey looks, I would be afraid to own it. A nice darker grey, like stone, would probably be better.

You're welcome! Chloe colors are notoriously hard to photograph accurately, so it's great that we have so many people on tPF who can post their own photos and report what they've seen. It was really helpful to me when I was shopping for my own Marcie (I ended up with Ash), so I'm happy to return the favor.

Stone is much darker -- like wet cement (but beautiful!)

You're welcome! Chloe colors are notoriously hard to photograph accurately, so it's great that we have so many people on tPF who can post their own photos and report what they've seen. It was really helpful to me when I was shopping for my own Marcie (I ended up with Ash), so I'm happy to return the favor.

Stone is much darker -- like wet cement (but beautiful!)

Ash is beautiful!

That would be awesome, Magjes. Especially since nut was a color I was looking at too. Thanks!
Here you go!
Compare004.jpg

Compare003.jpg