Louis Vuitton different wallet box PLEASE HELP

Nov 24, 2012
Hi I hope someone might also have this type of box so I can be 100% certain that a ensure did not get me. I bought a Josephine wallet from a eBay seller was concerned the mono print was a bit brighter than my LV delightful and cles so I took it into the LV boutique and a LV SA said it was real. I still am still a little concerned even though they told me its real. The pull out drawer box it came with us a little different than my cles box. The wallet box is all wrapped brown on the inside of the box but my cles box is tan like the drawer in the inside. I also noticed the serial number in the wallet box is just a serial number and my cles box has the serial number and says made in Vietnam, I did purchase cles at LV store. Is this normal as far as these boxes dud they change over the years? Wallet is from 2011 and comes 2012. Thanks for your help.

I've never seen a box with a brown drawer, so that doesn't sound right to me. I've never seen a box that has a 'made in' label either...

I agree - ask to have the wallet authenticated here at tPF. LV stores do not authenticate items. If your SA told you it was real, frankly that really doesn't mean anything. They are neither authorised nor trained adequately to provide authentications.

The wallet was authenticated at the LV store but I'm just curious really about the box, if a lot were made this way or not.

to answer your question..i haven't brought a wallet this year but in the past couple of years all my long wallet boxes and small SLG came with boxes that has the cream bottom. they never have tag on "made in" either. hope this helps

It's fake. That doesn't mean the wallet is fake, necessarily, but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Seriously, post pictures in the Authenticate This LV thread.

It all sounds a bit shady to me. If you're doubting both, I'd have both authenticated. Lee and Addy have made comments on off-looking dust bags and they may do the same for a box. For me, I know when LV is fake by the feel--just can't fake that quality! Same goes for the box. The boxes they give are awesome! Seems like you know something isn't right

I've never seen a box with a brown drawer, so that doesn't sound right to me. I've never seen a box that has a 'made in' label either...

I agree - ask to have the wallet authenticated here at tPF. LV stores do not authenticate items. If your SA told you it was real, frankly that really doesn't mean anything. They are neither authorised nor trained adequately to provide authentications.

I agree. All my boxes have beige pull-out drawers. I'd get the wallet authenticated here. Just because your SA said it was real, it is NOT the same as getting the "thumbs up" from Lee or Addy.

Just curious, but how are Lee and Addy more "authorized" to authenticate items verus actual LV SAs? I'm not sure of their background so just wondering!

They're not authorised. They provide a free service here at tPF, based on years of collecting and an interest in the brand. They don't claim to be 100% correct all of the time, but they work together and each of the authenticators has different areas of expertise. Many people here including myself have relied on them to save us from nasty eBay fakes!

LV officially do not provide an authentication service. That is not to say that an SA might not offer their opinion, but they will not officially authenticate an item in store. The SAs aren't trained to do that, they're trained to sell. To be frank, some of them have very limited product knowledge and I wouldn't personally trust just anyone working in LV to tell me if an item I purchased online is genuine.