Alexander Wang Diego or Donna (Black with Silver HW)???

sep

Live-Luv-Shop-Repeat
Nov 19, 2007
So I'm finally going to pull the trigger today... :graucho:

I really want a black bag with silver hw as the only black bag I own has rose gold hw. Anyway, I'm down to the black Diego with Silver or the black Donna with silver... I've never owned a AW bag so I'm torn...

Which one should I choose???

Ha! I own both and neither are my favorites. I have issues with each one. I have a black Diego with silver cupcakes. It looks great but is just about the most user unfriendly bag I have ever owned. A total PITA to get things out of and even moreso to get them back in. I only use it when I know that I won't be needing to access anything very much. And IMO it is heavier and more uncomfortable to carry than a Rocco (which is not that heavy at all to me). I have a leopard Donna so this may not apply as much as the leathers are completely different. But I have a hard time with the knot. It is always on the verge of coming unknotted and tends to want to slide off my shoulder. But, I do think this is due to the texture of the leopard. It is much easier to carry, but it doesn't have the WOW factor of all those studs.
I have pretty much resigned myself to sticking with the Rocco...........like that is a hardship :biggrin:

Ha! I own both and neither are my favorites. I have issues with each one. I have a black Diego with silver cupcakes. It looks great but is just about the most user unfriendly bag I have ever owned. A total PITA to get things out of and even moreso to get them back in. I only use it when I know that I won't be needing to access anything very much. And IMO it is heavier and more uncomfortable to carry than a Rocco (which is not that heavy at all to me). I have a leopard Donna so this may not apply as much as the leathers are completely different. But I have a hard time with the knot. It is always on the verge of coming unknotted and tends to want to slide off my shoulder. But, I do think this is due to the texture of the leopard. It is much easier to carry, but it doesn't have the WOW factor of all those studs.
I have pretty much resigned myself to sticking with the Rocco...........like that is a hardship :biggrin:

Thanks so much for the reponse! I love the look of the Rocco but I have a 2 year old so I have to have something I can throw over my shoulder and the Rocco doesn't seem to look as slouchy when using the long strap as when using the hand strap... Would you still love the Rocco if you could only use the long strap? I know I want an AW but I'm having such a hard time deciding which style... :shame:

I've also had a Diego and it didn't work for me...I carried it one time and couldn't stand it.:P I currently have a blue leather Donna and an iodine Rocco. The Donna is really comfortable and easy to carry (it's much lighter than the Diego), I would definitely recommend it if you need a throw-on, hands free bag. I'm planning on getting a black one soon. I haven't had any issues with the knot on mine at all, and I can actually carry it cross-body if I need to. I also love my Rocco, but I wouldn't recommend it if you plan on just using the long strap. I had an issue with a Millie where the long strap broke away from the bag after only carrying it a handful of times, and if you read reviews on some websites (I know Shopbop has some) that's happened with Roccos too. I have one of the newer ones with the improved piping and I hope they've improved the area where the shoulder strap hooks to the bag, but I almost always carry it by the handles and only use the long strap occasionally just in case.

I've had both .. but sold my Diego because I just wasn't getting use out of it. Agreed with the past reviews that it is just a pain to get in and out of, though look wise it's a super cool bag.

On the other hand, the Donna is super convenient, light weight (especially if you already have to run around chasing a 2 year old ;)). I have one in a burgundy color and have had no issues with the knot though I've seen complaints before in the forum. In my opinion, I'd go for the Donna because of the ease and weight of it. I was a total Rocco lover and now I don't even have one.. and I finally got a Donna because it was on sale and totally love the bag!

Thanks so much for the reponse! I love the look of the Rocco but I have a 2 year old so I have to have something I can throw over my shoulder and the Rocco doesn't seem to look as slouchy when using the long strap as when using the hand strap... Would you still love the Rocco if you could only use the long strap? I know I want an AW but I'm having such a hard time deciding which style... :shame:

The only time I use the handles on my Rocco is when I pick it up. I am a 100% shoulder strap user. By the time I get my stuff in it it sags :P

Thanks so much for the feedback ladies! I've been agonizing for a while... Before I had a little one I would have bought it with no problem and just hoped for the best... Now that I have a little one I'm so much more cautious with my spending... to the point that I don't even want to have to pay for return shipping... lol... That's a few packages of diapers! I'm feeling quite a bit more comfortable with taking the leap with the Donna... Maybe in a few years I can consider a hand held bag again and then I may try a Rocco... Thanks so much everyone!

I have not yet tried a Diego, but I love my Donna. I have a one yr. old and it's big enough to toss in a diaper clutch and some snacks and yet so lightweight that it's still comfortable on the shoulder. Plus, I love that you can open or close the center zip depending on if you want more room or a more compact look. I have not had any issues with the knot, but mine is super, super soft (Luggage).

I had my eye on a Diego originally, but passed because of everyone saying what a pain it is to get in and out of. I still love the Diego for its style, but for an everyday all-purpose bag I'd go with Donna for sure.

I have a Rocco, too, but it doesn't have a long strap. I would trade it in for one with the strap, if I could find one with silver or black hardware (and afford it). I find Rocco to be a great everyday bag, too.

So I had a chance to go try on all of the styles today and I ended up leaving with my perfect bag... A black Rocco with silver hardware!!!!! :yahoo:

I'll post pictures later!