Mi first....what??

Rachel Les Paul

Madrid, land of Rock
Jun 16, 2012
Hello ladies!

I've been reading the thread of Chloe and I thought maybe I can find help here:smile:

I am creating my small collection of handbags...well I have many bags but of affordable brands like Zara, but I want to create is a collection of bags "for all my life", you know ;)

For now all my good bags are only LV (Neverfull MM in DE, Speedy 30 DE and an Eva DE) and I have on my wishlist .... a Chloé Paraty, a Givenchy Antigona and a Balenciaga City Bag.

I really like all three, but I can not buy them at the same time and I don´t know what to buy first ... the first one I need to serve this season, but also in spring and must be in black color.

What you would buy first and why? First I thought of Balenciaga ... but I also love the Paraty soooo much and the model is less seen in my country.

Girls, I need your wise advice!:kiss:

Hello ladies!

I've been reading the thread of Chloe and I thought maybe I can find help here:smile:

I am creating my small collection of handbags...well I have many bags but of affordable brands like Zara, but I want to create is a collection of bags "for all my life", you know ;)

For now all my good bags are only LV (Neverfull MM in DE, Speedy 30 DE and an Eva DE) and I have on my wishlist .... a Chloé Paraty, a Givenchy Antigona and a Balenciaga City Bag.

I really like all three, but I can not buy them at the same time and I don´t know what to buy first ... the first one I need to serve this season, but also in spring and must be in black color.

What you would buy first and why? First I thought of Balenciaga ... but I also love the Paraty soooo much and the model is less seen in my country.

Those are definitely three classic bags. I only own the Paraty, so I'm biased. :P I think the Paraty is a great bag and very functional - I think the leather will definitely hold up better than what I've heard about Bals (though a Black Bal City is an iconic bag) and isn't as 'structured' as the Antigona. Are you looking for something more dressy or more casual? (though I will say...the Paraty dresses up or down very well :graucho: )

Thank you eehlers:hugs:

I like these three bags because I think they are pieces that will never go out of fashion, are different from each other and beautiful.

Mmmm...every day I like to wear skinny jeans, blazers, heels ... sometimes more formal and sometimes more casual, or change the blazers for leather jackets (bikers), broken skinny jeans, trench, depends :thinking:... I guess a kind "rock chic and formal" but sometimes a little classic too, in my work is what is usually carried and I love. I have 27 years.

I think Antigone is the last (although I love structured bags, are very useful and handy) ... the Paraty is so beautiful and something a little more feminine than the Bal in my opinion, but both fit perfectly with what I , oh I could buy them at same time, but I have other plans!:shucks:

I want the Paraty in black and medium size, what do you think? Your Paraty is comfortable?

I like these three bags because I think they are pieces that will never go out of fashion, are different from each other and beautiful.

Mmmm...every day I like to wear skinny jeans, blazers, heels ... sometimes more formal and sometimes more casual, or change the blazers for leather jackets (bikers), broken skinny jeans, trench, depends :thinking:... I guess a kind "rock chic and formal" but sometimes a little classic too, in my work is what is usually carried and I love. I have 27 years.

I think Antigone is the last (although I love structured bags, are very useful and handy) ... the Paraty is so beautiful and something a little more feminine than the Bal in my opinion, but both fit perfectly with what I , oh I could buy them at same time, but I have other plans!:shucks:

I want the Paraty in black and medium size, what do you think? Your Paraty is comfortable?

Paraty is very comfortable, either on the arm or with the longer strap on the shoulder. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with the Paraty or the Bal - since you wear jeans a lot, Bal works great for that casual chic look. But if you like more structure, the Paraty provides a bit of structure without being super structured, if that makes sense. LOL - I'm really not helping, am I?

The three bags you chose are all great picks! Since you indicate that the first bag MUST be black, I would get an antigona. I think the antigona looks best in black and Chloe makes such gorgeous neutrals so you can get a neutral color paraty later on for variety!

Hi Rachel, i have paraty and balenciaga. Buy balenciaga first and the other two to follow.:smile: Balenciaga can match your different outfits. As to paraty i got the small that's why im not using it as much plus the shoulder strap is long its kinda awkward holding it on my arm with long shoulder strap hanging.

I own bals and paratys and would love to add an antigona to my collection. This is really tough as bal makes wonderful bright coloured bags and black is classic...Chloe makes wonderful neutrals. I would not buy a paraty in black only because their neutrals are so gorgeous. I guess I am no help. So I will vote antigona.

It is a classic for now but you can never tell for sure when it will be phased out, could you? And the colors from season to season is unpredicatable unlike Bal...you will have a Black, for sure.

Paraty is def newer then bals for sure but if it continues to stay as popular I don't see it going anywhere really; hopefully it won't end up like the paddington. Paraty also comes out in black every season.

Good thread. I'm really leaning towards having a Paraty be my next bag.

I don't wear brown at all though - I don't own a single pair of brown shoes, a brown bag, or even any brown articles of clothing - so I'm not sure what color to go with.

Part of me really wants to go with the blush pink and part of me is terrified of having a bag that light!!!

Hello ladies!

I own both the paraty and a city bag and I would recommend going with the Bal city bag first. It's very versatile and roomier -- the leather is durable and it matches with most outfits. I find the style of the paraty to be on the more feminine side so the city bag tends to be a great balance for all of my outfits (not too girly) -- there's a little more edge to it so it keeps your look interesting! Let us know what you decide on! The bal would def. work with your "rock, chic, formal" look!!

Hello ladies!

I own an antigona and bal work and am currently hunting for the paraty. The antigona can be very bulky I found, so it depends on your style and size. I love it as a top handle bag but the shape is a bit large for me when I wear it on my shoulder (I'm 5ft6 approx, own medium size). Although the city is different to the work, to be honest I am not so impressed with bal. I don't love the smooshy leather like so many TPFers and feel that the bag doesn't always work with my preppy style. But if your style is rock chic this may be a great option for you! I would say go with the paraty, but I like the others prefer the brown shades. Although I don't have it, it seems to be a good investment piece that can be used any day and dressed up or down. It's classic and chic at the same time.

So if I wanted a black bag I would say antigona for a more polished look or bal to be more edgy.

Last edited: