Is this Normal? Please help!

joanabanana

Jan 6, 2013
Hello ladies! As some of you know, I just recently purchased my Speedy 30 Bandouliere last week. I have reviewed the pictures that I have took as well as the bag and i noticed that the 'pipe' on one side is not straight. I mean both side are not even and the other side is quite obviously not. I wonder if this is normal. I haven't used this bag yet. Anyone who owns the same, is your bag the same like this? Please let me know. And if you were me, what will you do? Thank you so much!

Here's some pics. Please see the pipe on the upper right. Thanks!

image-1271365081.jpg

image-2755572777.jpg

Last edited:
I deff think you should take it to LV and do an exchange. I have a 5/6 month old speedy 40 in mono and it has a cloth tag and the piping and interior quality looks perfecto... And if I had a made in France bag that wasn't as perfect(even tho there's really no such thing as perfect accept in our own eyes) and it bothered me... I would rush to LV .... And if the SAs say other wise..... Do he z formation snap! *snap!* Lol.... I had to.....

*sigh*. This is so frustrating. I don't see it as a super big deal, but knowing that I have paid thousands of dirhams for this bag, i beleive i must get a good one right? The SA was nice to me and gave me some time to check the bag, but still i didn't notice this. :sad:

Now i don't know what to do. Huhuhu! Should i call them first and look for my SA and describe this over the phone, or should i go there right away and show this to her? What do you think?

*sigh*. This is so frustrating. I don't see it as a super big deal, but knowing that I have paid thousands of dirhams for this bag, i beleive i must get a good one right? The SA was nice to me and gave me some time to check the bag, but still i didn't notice this. :sad:

It's okay, I would be doing the same thing.... I say go ahead and head to LV, or call ahead to see if the SA is there also(a good way of building relationship) and explain your concerns.... I would also browse just in case something else catches your eyes besides the speedy B

It's okay, I would be doing the same thing.... I say go ahead and head to LV, or call ahead to see if the SA is there also(a good way of building relationship) and explain your concerns.... I would also browse just in case something else catches your eyes besides the speedy B

Thanks for your advice. But i love this Speedy B so much. I think i should call first.

Have you tried to see what it looks like when you put a couple things in it and hold it up by the handles? Sometimes the canvas caves in, pulls the piping inward a little, etc... I will have to slightly push the piping back up from the inside a bit, once in awhile, on my azur speedy. Normally the "is this normal?" threads make me sigh, as I think for the most part people are way too picky LOL.. HOWEVER I don't like the looks of that light stamp, that does look VERY light like a counterfeiter would produce, you know? In any case, it's a lot of $ and you should exchange it if it will bother you. I think if enough people demand better quality when it's so obviously not quite right, then LV will have no choice but to actually MAKE better quality, hopefully. :smile: It's too bad there have been so many issues with quite a few bags lately. Good luck!! Here is mine for comparison.

Attachments

• speedytpf.jpg
    speedytpf.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 765
  • speedytpf2.jpg
    speedytpf2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 748
Have you tried to see what it looks like when you put a couple things in it and hold it up by the handles? Sometimes the canvas caves in, pulls the piping inward a little, etc... I will have to slightly push the piping back up from the inside a bit, once in awhile, on my azur speedy. Normally the "is this normal?" threads make me sigh, as I think for the most part people are way too picky LOL.. HOWEVER I don't like the looks of that light stamp, that does look VERY light like a counterfeiter would produce, you know? In any case, it's a lot of $ and you should exchange it if it will bother you. I think if enough people demand better quality when it's so obviously not quite right, then LV will have no choice but to actually MAKE better quality, hopefully. :smile: It's too bad there have been so many issues with quite a few bags lately. Good luck!! Here is mine for comparison.

Thank you so much for reply and for sharing some pictures. Yes that's what i am thinking about too.. Maybe i am becoming so 'picky'. But i just noticed this and compare to others (just like yours) mine is different. And i think i deserve a good quality since i paid tons of money for this one. :smile: i am not aiming for a perfect one, i just want a good one.